A chaotic mess (a good job we have only sold 2200)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
It has take me 45 minutes to get in, it seems the scanning system for mobiles isn't working well. I don't blame staff on the gate but it is chaotic. And apparently we have only sold 2200 tickets a good job given how it has been managed.

I was straight in no queueing. No ID check and no temperature check.

Straight to seat.

Not surprised about ticket sales. Absolute nobody outside.

Was worried about the ID check. Brought my 9 year old passport but I look a lot younger now. What can I say? I just do!

Just looked on the website and there are loads left. It looks like we have not even shifted half of the 5,000? Wow. Think a point had been made. Not sure there will be able to be any kind of atmosphere at all. Not with about 200-300 fans in each stand dotted around.

Just looked on the website and there are loads left. It looks like we have not even shifted half of the 5,000? Wow. Think a point had been made. Not sure there will be able to be any kind of atmosphere at all. Not with about 200-300 fans in each stand dotted around.
Yes, man at the turnstiles told me that we had sold 2200. Hopefully lessons will be learnt.

Only looks like 200 turned up hopefully the club has learnt from that £40 fiasco

big big demonstration by blades fans to the board that we wont be ripped off with ticket pricing unlike the idiot snorters in s6

They're the same price they were last season and would have been for this everywhere but the Kop. I really don't get why everyone is so mad about it.

They should have been cheaper because we were already down and other teams were letting people in for naff all or not much, not because our ticket pricing is necessarily a rip off.

Radio sheff said just over 5k there

They're the same price they were last season and would have been for this everywhere but the Kop. I really don't get why everyone is so mad about it.

They should have been cheaper because we were already down and other teams were letting people in for naff all or not much, not because our ticket pricing is necessarily a rip off.
It was £29 on kop vs Burnley last season and £35 on John Street.
Surely its a one off error in judgement though as the season tickets are priced just fine.

OK, so I stayed in the pub for probably one more pint than I should have, but still.... getting to the ground 15 mins before KO, knowing there was FA crowd, and only getting to my seat seconds before the silence was tighter than it should have been. ID checks - no need, what a waste of time. Still, I resented paying up before the game, but wow was it worth it emotionally. Great to be home.

It was £29 on kop vs Burnley last season and £35 on John Street.
Surely its a one off error in judgement though as the season tickets are priced just fine.

I did say everywhere but the Kop, the Kop should have been cheaper but when there's a limited amount of tickets, I can see why they made them all the same price, people would have been moaning that it wasn't fair they couldn't get on the Kop.

We've been cheeky with the categories for a while, they've 100% priced this as a higher category I'm assuming because it's the only game we've been able to go to all season.

Also, we don't know if they were planning on upping the prices this season because they never got the chance, £35 might have become £40.

I don't think it's anything to judge the club on though, not to the degree that people have been going on about on Twitter.

We'll see I suppose, but I expect we'll have the same prices we had when we got promoted, plus a quid or two maybe.

It could be that £5k included the corporate hostility numbers.

It looked more than 2000 to be fair. Good game from our perspective. Enjoyed watching Jebbison in real life, and I thought generally we played quite well.

I know Burnley may have been "on the beach" but they looked awful

It has take me 45 minutes to get in, it seems the scanning system for mobiles isn't working well. I don't blame staff on the gate but it is chaotic. And apparently we have only sold 2200 tickets a good job given how it has been managed.
Straight in. No ID check. Beaut view of the goal from the BL lower tier. Enjoyed the game. Enjoyed the experience. Great to be back.

Back
Top Bottom