A brain transplant required.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Let's just say the whole team isn't good enough. Remember when we go down we lose the only half decent players in the squad namely Berreton Diaz, McAtee, Archer and we will have to sell someone possibly Hamer or Baldock the rest are young kids or older players who are now shit / injury prone. Not looking good for a promotion push is it more likely to be at the other end of the championship and getting thrashed by our porcine neighbours. I can see us falling straight through the trap door to league one.
Just being competitive in the Championship next season is going to require a lot smarter decision making than we have seen over the last few years. We now a critical juncture. We are getting thumped regularly now. Is Wilder going to be able to turn this around? I don't think so. There is a strong possibility that players lose faith in him. I don't think we will be able to replace most of the squad in one season. A lot will depend on Osula Brooks Jebbison and other Acadamy players making the step up.

For me one of the biggest disappointments under Hecky and Wilder has been the insistence of playing 352. The strength of the formation was in the overlapping centre halves who created an overload with midfielders cutting inside etc. We looked organised. We also had 2 wing backs who while not great in the attacking department were decent defenders when needed.

The Brighton game highlighted not only that Bogle and Laurici are clueless defensively but also that neither are effective going forward.
The way we play 352 now is dependent on both players being capable of creating a threat going forward. That lies at the heart of our problems.

For the last two seasons we have been dependent on MGW and Ndiaye for creativity which compensated for the weaknesses in our wing backs. McAtee is the closest we have to a creative player but for me needs to be played centrally rather than down the right. Brighton exposed our wingbacks throughout the game. They were crossing at will. How a winger when stood up and practically staying still can then just move the ball and cross without the defender blocking the ball is depressing.

Despite the gulf in class between our squad and most other teams in PL we should be able to nick points here and there. We have no organisation and I don't believe Wilder can do what is required to make this team competitive.

Getting Holgate on loan just shows how wedded we are to 352. How any manager believes that we don't need wingers is idiotic. We need the option of playing wingers Brighton showed what good wingers can bring and how ineffective we are going forward. For all the money spent we haven't got a winger. That just shows that this team is going nowhere unless Wilder and recruitment team have brain transplants.
It was shown in the covid season that CW system had been sussed by the majority of prem managers, and to implement it through the whole coaching system to the youngsters to 1st team was stupidly at the highest level evolve of become what we are Shite unfortunately

It was shown in the covid season that CW system had been sussed by the majority of prem managers, and to implement it through the whole coaching system to the youngsters to 1st team was stupidly at the highest level evolve of become what we are Shite unfortunately
The top teams learn how to deal with different tactics but their own patterns of play are not as rigid as we have been. The manager will decide how they want to play but good players make decisions based on what they are seeing in front of them. We are lacking leaders in the team to organise things on the field and football intelligence on the sideline during games.

Back
Top Bottom