5-6 Players

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bongleblade

Reaction score
As per Hecky's press conference... we'll be going for 5-6 players... so just for fun, let's see what 5-6 players you'd add...

and what your starting line-up will look like next season (Let's assume they include 2x PL loans and we'll spend approx £30m on 3-4 players)

Cakir (£10m)

Anel - Egan - Hadzikadunic (£5m)

Baldock - Berge - Doyle (Loan to buy) - RND

Ndiaye - McAtee (Loan)

Mike Tresor (£15m)
Subs: Wes, Norwood, Brewster, Jebbison, JLT, Bogle, Bash

I've only gone for 5 additions, it's a huge roll of the dice on RND as main left back, Hadzikadunic + Tresor, but i think this approach gives us some high potential players to work with while keeping our core squad and adding some great experience in Cakir at GK.... i reckon this would see us fighting in the PL and set us up really well for a bounce back from the Championship if we do go down, younger players who might stick around like Berge

As per Hecky's press conference... we'll be going for 5-6 players... so just for fun, let's see what 5-6 players you'd add...

and what your starting line-up will look like next season (Let's assume they include 2x PL loans and we'll spend approx £30m on 3-4 players)

Cakir (£10m)

Ndiaye - McAtee (Loan)

Mike Tresor (£15m)

I've only gone for 5 additions, it's a huge roll of the dice on RND as main left back, Hadzikadunic + Tresor, but i think this approach gives us some high potential players to work with while keeping our core squad and adding some great experience in Cakir at GK.... i reckon this would see us fighting in the PL and set us up really well for a bounce back from the Championship if we do go down, younger players who might stick around like Berge
Can't have 2x loans from same club

Doyle (buy) Willock (free) Knight (free) Jacob Christensen (free) Dasilva (free)

Spend a decent chunk on a striker I don’t know who and loan in another from abroad

Cakir (£10m)

Ndiaye - McAtee (Loan)

Mike Tresor (£15m)

£30 million?

Can't have 2x loans from same club
Out of interest, do you know if it’s 2 from the same club full stop or that you can only name 2 in the same matchday squad, as used to apply for overseas players?

I wouldn't look to start the season with RND. Terrific prospect as he is. Baldock and RND at wing backs, we loose two players in the final thirs who can cross and contribute goals. Our final ball is the big weakness in our attacking play. Having Baldocks engine on one side is fine, but then something more creative on the other side. Attacking LWB with good delivery ( maybe Ryan Giles) would be my first signing. RND can win the shirt of that player and whoever we bring in at LCB and if he does we know he is really stepping up.

I wouldn't look to start the season with RND. Terrific prospect as he is. Baldock and RND at wing backs, we loose two players in the final thirs who can cross and contribute goals. Our final ball is the big weakness in our attacking play. Having Baldocks engine on one side is fine, but then something more creative on the other side. Attacking LWB with good delivery ( maybe Ryan Giles) would be my first signing. RND can win the shirt of that player and whoever we bring in at LCB and if he does we know he is really stepping up.
conor coady could be someone hecky might consider either giles or manning to challenge rnd for lb spot and release lowe hes not good enough for the premier league

Doyle (buy) Willock (free) Knight (free) Jacob Christensen (free) Dasilva (free)

Spend a decent chunk on a striker I don’t know who and loan in another from abroad
Difficult balancing act isn't it?

My original stab at this had been something like Kelleher (loan), Doyle (buy), McAtee loan, Piroe (buy), Kolasinac (free), Walker (free).

Especially in the latter case I just don't see this happening.

I'm also intrigued if we could get O'Brien. Him and Doyle could set the midfield up for the next 5 years and beyond.

Either way, I think players on frees will be attractive.

Players like Maitland-Niles would cover could cover defensive midfield, right wing back and possibly even right centre back.

It also got me thinking if someone like Nathan Redmond might have a Didzy type impact. Also potential to cushion the loss of Ndiaye if that can't be avoided in the next 12 months.

I wouldn't take the "5-6" comment as fact.

A lot will depend on how many contracts we do renew, and whether we sell Ndiaye and or Berge.

If we do cash in on Ndiaye, you can at least 2 players onto the tally, and if Berge goes there will be a replacement too.

In any case, I think we will end up with more incomings regardless.

If we're especially peasantish and poor then it all needs to be with an eye on relegation and if it is only 5 or 6 (won't be) we'll simply have to go without in some key areas

Lewis / Dasilva
Doyle
O'Brien
McAtee (loan)
Chair / Willock
 Piroe

Something like that would leave us reliably strong and future proofed if relegated

A couple of players I think are decent and going under the radar are

Lee Nichols at Huddersfield, 30 years old and excellent last season when they came 3rd. Not seen as much of him this year as less interested in their season.

Jerry Yates at Blackpool. Scored 14 and 4 assists out of 47 goals for Blackpool. Only Piroe has a better record outside of the top 6 sides. At 26, he's heading into his prime years and might be worth a gamble.

Buying a couple like this and 2 or 3 from around Europe, might just give Hecky a bit more wriggle room in strengthening the squad for a tough old battle ahead.

I’m really hoping that the scouts have been busy around Europe to find some more gems like Anel. Realistically we’re not going to be able to compete for even the best players in the championship.

In an ideal world, we’d be looking at the likes of
Alex Scott
Gyokeres
Piroe
Diallo (loan)
Archer (loan)
Ryan Giles

Difficult balancing act isn't it?

My original stab at this had been something like Kelleher (loan), Doyle (buy), McAtee loan, Piroe (buy), Kolasinac (free), Walker (free).

Especially in the latter case I just don't see this happening.

I'm also intrigued if we could get O'Brien. Him and Doyle could set the midfield up for the next 5 years and beyond.

Either way, I think players on frees will be attractive.

Players like Maitland-Niles would cover could cover defensive midfield, right wing back and possibly even right centre back.

It also got me thinking if someone like Nathan Redmond might have a Didzy type impact. Also potential to cushion the loss of Ndiaye if that can't be avoided in the next 12 months.
i think hecky will be back in for obrien he was lined up in january if berge was sold him doyle mcatee and a big physical defensive midfielder and think that would be midfield sorted 2 new strikers lwb centre back and a keeper minimum requirement imo

Cakir (£10m)

Ndiaye - McAtee (Loan)

Mike Tresor (£15m)

My scouting outside of this country is none existent, but you'd put all our goal scoring hopes in a kid with 18 league goals in his entire league career?

Don’t want anybody from the Belgian league sorry

My scouting outside of this country is none existent, but you'd put all our goal scoring hopes in a kid with 18 league goals in his entire league career?
and assisted 21 this season in the belgian league!

My point is we have to roll the dice and i think this is the kind of signing we need to look at

Save your words mate

This has been said over 100 times on various threads
yes it has we have to do everything we can to but tommy doyle and loan mcatee again and i reckon pep would allow it if we can manage it financially and reckon he would allow mcatee to play against city anall

OMG!!!!!!! We are not going to buy anybody!!!!!!!! Freebies and loans only. Hecky can't even tell his players who is staying and who is going. Look, we will be a Premier League side, operating on a mid championship budget. PL money will cover debts to be paid off, and current salaries.

I’m really hoping that the scouts have been busy around Europe to find some more gems like Anel. Realistically we’re not going to be able to compete for even the best players in the championship.

In an ideal world, we’d be looking at the likes of
Alex Scott
Gyokeres
Piroe
Diallo (loan)
Archer (loan)
Ryan Giles

Coventry might be coming up with us so I doubt we could compete with a homeless down and out drunk of a club like Coventry for Gyokeres.

And if Scott doesn't get a move this year I don't think we could compete with Championship Bristol City either

Back
Top Bottom