21/22

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

With more than half the season still to go this may be a tad premature! But focusing on the here and now is just depressing so...
let’s have a look at the Sheff U of the future.
Players leaving in the Summer (If not before) Moore, Ampadu, Jags, Bryan, Rodwell and Lunny.
Players with one year left: Bash, Robinson, Osborn, Mousset, Didzy and Sharp.

I would like to see a change to 4-3-3 and could look like this:
——————Ramsdale
Baldock—Egan—O’Connell—Osborn
——Slater——Berge——Coulibaly
——Brewster—McBurnie—Burke

Subs: Verrips, Stevens, Bash, Bogle, Brunt, Didzy, Mousset, Ayari, RND et al

Fleck and Norwood will have 2yrs left on their contracts. Both have looked shadows of the former selves. Sell?

All in all I think that all looks really good. Something positive to consider during this bleak period.
I'll put a tenner on Coulibaly never playing for us. If he's pulling up any trees he'll be gone at the end of the season as we are relegated. Berge will also be gone .

Losing Egan and JOC might not be a certainty like people believe.

The club shouldn't be forced to sell.
And they've also not proved they can play at this level in a back 4.

Stick with Sir Chris. Revamp the recruitment team, we need proper scouting nationwide and abroad. Continue with the planned investment in the infrastructure to get us up to PL level off the pitch.

Sell Berge if we can get our money back. Sell Mousset as well.

Stick with the system but buy a number 10 and and an athletic RCM who can run with the ball and beat a man.

This team would be right up there:-

GK - Rambo
RWB - Baldock / Bogle
LWB - RND
LCB - Jack
CB - Egan
RCB - Bash
LCM - Fleck
RCM - Signing
AMC / No. 10 - Signing
STR - Brewster
STR - McB / Didzy

Couple of PL loans and blood some youngsters as well and we’re in very decent nick to try and get back at the first attempt.

Championship clubs will be in a financial mess next season and we’ll have the parachute payments.

UTB

With more than half the season still to go this may be a tad premature! But focusing on the here and now is just depressing so...
Players leaving in the Summer (If not before) Moore, Ampadu, Jags, Bryan, Rodwell and Lunny.

——————Ramsdale

Fleck and Norwood will have 2yrs left on their contracts. Both have looked shadows of the former selves. Sell?

All in all I think that all looks really good. Something positive to consider during this bleak period.

We don't need to sell fleck and Norwood we just need to give them regular game time. They are both great players when they are on their games two of the best midfielders I can remember in my 30 plus years watching the blades.

They have been in and out of the side all season which is part of the reason we're in this mess

Lundstram isn’t crazy.
He’s generally been a lower league player so won’t have made masses from the game.

I believe we offered him £20K/ week but his agent knows he his stock was high when he looked great for 3 months in the PL last season.
His agent will have already been contacted regards future deals...hence why he’s not signing.

At the start of the season the strong rumour was that West Ham had offered £60K/ week.
As theres no transfer fee..then paying £60K a week would normally be chicken feed for a PL club.

Yes it's £3 million a year
For three years it's £9 million

And our £130 million quids worth still have wages to be paid

What an absolute shambles our wage structure has caused

Love to see that formation this season! What have we got to lose?
Loads.

We need to get things absolutely spot on.

To let go:

Moore
Foderingham
Jagielka
Rodwell
Robinson
Bryan
Stevens
Ampadu
Fleck
Norwood
Lundstram
Slater
Freeman
Mousset

Two or three of these may be kept on.

Signings:

Jake Cooper or another big centre half
Ben Whiteman (best midfielder in L1 and still improving)
Ben Pearson (hard man addition)
Mads Møller Dæhli (cheap flair player)
Coulibaly (if he gets wp)
Left footed creative midfielder
Pacey winger
Fast striker (Balogun?)

To remain as squad players:

Verrips
Basham
Bogle
Lowe
Brunt
Brewster
McGoldrick
Sharp

August starting eleven:

Ramsdale
Baldock Egan O'Connell Norrington-Davies
Berge Whiteman Coulibaly
Møller-Dæhli McBurnie Burke

This is a robust and mobile, hard working team with good quality on the ball. In the squad there's great quality and some outstanding attributes that can be added when we feel it's needed, making sure we're not pushovers, not too weak, not too slow, not lacking in creativity. Several players are versatile, allowing us to change formation as we see fit. Most players are heading into their prime, ready to have another go at the Premier League in 2022/23.

Loads.

To let go:

Moore
Foderingham
Jagielka
Rodwell
Robinson
Bryan
Stevens
Ampadu
Fleck
Norwood
Lundstram
Slater
Freeman
Mousset

Signings:

Pacey winger
Fast striker (Balogun?)

Verrips
Basham
Bogle
Lowe
Brunt
Brewster
McGoldrick
Sharp

August starting eleven:

Ramsdale
Berge Whiteman Coulibaly

This is a robust and mobile, hard working team with good quality on the ball. In the squad there's great quality and some outstanding attributes that can be added when we feel it's needed, making sure we're not pushovers, not too weak, not too slow, not lacking in creativity. Several players are versatile, allowing us to change formation as we see fit. Most players are heading into their prime, ready to have another go at the Premier League in 2022/23.
I think you misunderstood my point. I meant try that formation NOW, what do we have to lose, THIS season.

Loads.

To let go:

Moore
Foderingham
Jagielka
Rodwell
Robinson
Bryan
Stevens
Ampadu
Fleck
Norwood
Lundstram
Slater
Freeman
Mousset

Signings:

Pacey winger
Fast striker (Balogun?)

Verrips
Basham
Bogle
Lowe
Brunt
Brewster
McGoldrick
Sharp

August starting eleven:

Ramsdale
Berge Whiteman Coulibaly

A versatile and exciting team that I would love to watch. Odds on we just sign some more forest players though... 😩

Nice post, appreciate that but I'm on a different horse.
This motor's fucked beyond repair and needs to go to the breakers yard and see what we can get off intact and get a few quid for.
I doubt Berge will play Championship football. I'd expect decent offers for O'connell and Egan and think at least one will go. I also think Brewster will go out on loan because he looks fucking miserable as hell here. I think Moose will come to some arrangement to leave too.
One thing we do agree on... Bogle won't start a game 😆
Berge will play championship football. His performances won't have been good enough for us to make our money back and now he's crocked so whether he likes it or not, he's playing Lincoln City next season

——————Ramsdale

Seen as tho we are heading back to the championship, I'd probably look at signing more young foreign players rather than the traditional British 'all hardwork no skill' type of players

There is no way Egan will be playing in the championship next season.
no i dont think so either him and berge will definetly go not so sure about joc with his injury and one certainty is nobody will be after any of our strikers although i have seen glimpses in the last couple of games that rian brewster could be a very good asset for us in the championship i think he will become our number 1 striker

——————Ramsdale

How could you drop Bash!!?? One of the best players this season!!

Loads.

To let go:

Moore
Foderingham
Jagielka
Rodwell
Robinson
Bryan
Stevens
Ampadu
Fleck
Norwood
Lundstram
Slater
Freeman
Mousset

Signings:

Pacey winger
Fast striker (Balogun?)

Verrips
Basham
Bogle
Lowe
Brunt
Brewster
McGoldrick
Sharp

August starting eleven:

Ramsdale
Berge Whiteman Coulibaly

Much as I agree with the vast majority of this post the fact is that's just far too much change for 1 transfer window unfortunately.

Probably a good starting point for this is who will be on the books once the season ends as this will guide signings and formation for next season.

GK: Rambo, Verrips, Foderingham
DF: Bash, Egan, JOC, Stevens, Robinson, Bogle, Lowe, RND, Baldock
MF: Fleck, Norwood, Berge, Osbourne, Freeman, Slater
AT: McBurnie, Burke, Mousset, Sharp, Brewster, Didzy

Even with the mortgage payment we have we should be in a position with the parachute payments where we don't have to sell anyone to survive however I can see some sales to increase the pot available for new signings.

Berge, IMO, will almost certainly leave as I already think he regrets signing now and just can't see him going from being at a Champions League club to a Championship club within 2 years. Now this will be a good test of how strong the new regime are when it comes to outgoings. After this season I very doubt we'd get anywhere near what we paid for him back so do we get what we can or tell him he's under contract and to knuckle down? Anything around the £15m mark and I think we'd sell and probably should. That's a fair amount of money for a rebuild in what will be a brutally skint championship next season.

Out of the others the only ones I could see with Prem interest would be Egan and Baldock. Again them leaving would be down to whether the fee is acceptable or not and I can't see this regime being the pushover McCabe was. That being said if we could get £15m for Berge, £25 for Egan and £10m for Baldock that would give us £50m to rebuild the squad.

That would leave us needing an Egan replacement and a backup RB in defence.

Now onto the obvious issue come next summer. The midfield.

As stated above Berge will probably go and Slater isn't good enough IMO leaving us with Fleck, Norwood, Freeman and Osbourne. I believe Forest have an option to buy on Freeman but doubt will be taken up so can see him back here. This will take up the bulk of our spending unless CW wants a complete rebuild and even more so if Fleck and Norwood are lost causes.

Up front Sharp may want to have one last stab at regular football and Moose may want to head back to France but even with them leaving that leaves us a pretty decent line up at Champ level.

We won’t have to sell anybody, if we don’t want.
Anybody what's any good especially the younger end will be sold, we've a history of selling our best players it's called the Blades way and it's never changed in my time and Ive only been watching them 50odd years!

Egan is ok, but i think his limitations have been exposed this season just as anyone else.
JOC will be fighting back from a long injury so should be ours for at least next season.
Bash surely wouldn’t leave unless he was required to play right side of a three for a lower half prem side.
We can afford to sell Baldock if the money is right with Bogle ready to come in.
RND sounds like he would slot in to the LWB role well. Stevens, like Egan, seems to be on a downward trajectory now.

Berge will go from the Midfield which should give us some solid room to manoeuvre in midfield
Norwood/Fleck may be good enough, but on this seasons performances for me we need a real shake up. This could be the making of us long term with money to invest in some long term replacements. Decent midfielders that fit the system unlike the square pegs we’re trying to shoe horn this season.
Assuming we’ll revert to a more attacking formation in midfield we also need a Duffy type. Maybe 2 with similar attributes.

Up front we go with Didzy, Mousset, sharp, Brewster, Burke, McBurnie. Now they might be shite this season, but in the Championship if we can’t get promoted with that lot we might as well pack it in. It also gives us good options to change formation if we sign the right midfielders.

There is no way Egan will be playing in the championship next season.
Not necessarily a bad thing. Some of our limitations are due to having a stopper at centre half so if someone offers is a decent fee for Egan it should be considered and not dismissed.

Not necessarily a bad thing. Some of our limitations are due to having a stopper at centre half so if someone offers is a decent fee for Egan it should be considered and not dismissed.
If Burnley sell Tarkowski, Dyche will probably come calling for Egan. Don’t see where he fits in at any other premier league club.

Sell (or release if contract): Berge, McBurnie, Sharp, McGoldrick, Foderingham, Bryan

Recall/call up: RND, Coulibaly, Ayari, Hackford

Buy: Fofana, Besic

Ramsdale
Baldock - Egan - O'Connell - RND
Fofana - Besic - Coulibaly
Ayari - Brewster - Burke

Subs: Verrips, Stevens, Robinson, Osborn, Fleck, Rodwell, Basham, Mousset, Hackford
Net profit on incomings/outgoings - ✓
Flair - ✓
Really good youth talent - ✓
Pace - ✓

Back
Top Bottom