21/22

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CoatesyBlade

Reaction score
With more than half the season still to go this may be a tad premature! But focusing on the here and now is just depressing so...
let’s have a look at the Sheff U of the future.
Players leaving in the Summer (If not before) Moore, Ampadu, Jags, Bryan, Rodwell and Lunny.
Players with one year left: Bash, Robinson, Osborn, Mousset, Didzy and Sharp.

I would like to see a change to 4-3-3 and could look like this:
——————Ramsdale
Baldock—Egan—O’Connell—Osborn
——Slater——Berge——Coulibaly
——Brewster—McBurnie—Burke

Subs: Verrips, Stevens, Bash, Bogle, Brunt, Didzy, Mousset, Ayari, RND et al

Fleck and Norwood will have 2yrs left on their contracts. Both have looked shadows of the former selves. Sell?

All in all I think that all looks really good. Something positive to consider during this bleak period.

Who do you sell Fleck and Norwood to?
Lundstram would be crazy not to sign a new deal, he will be playing Championship football next year either way.

I feel sorry enough for Brewster as it is this season, being signed for a big fee despite being not ready through no fault of his own.....Then he's being put out on the wing.

I think that JOC, Baldock and Egan will think they are still good enough for the PL and may fancy a move. I wouldn't rule out Bash moving on too if an offer came in. He was linked with Newcastle this summer and his performances won't have gone unnoticed.

With more than half the season still to go this may be a tad premature! But focusing on the here and now is just depressing so...
Players leaving in the Summer (If not before) Moore, Ampadu, Jags, Bryan, Rodwell and Lunny.

——————Ramsdale

Fleck and Norwood will have 2yrs left on their contracts. Both have looked shadows of the former selves. Sell?

All in all I think that all looks really good. Something positive to consider during this bleak period.
What about RND??

——————Ramsdale

You are missing Norrington-Davies...

RND will start next season - he is part of our future team and after being given a 4 year contract he had better not be sitting on the subs bench.

At this moment in time - he starts for Wales and is getting good reviews at Luton as well as being "seen" by the secret scout in the Mail !!

For sure we should jettison the back 3

Baldock could go for decent ish money as he's been one of the better performers this season.

No one will buy mcB so he should be given an opportunity - depends what's in his contract along with Egan/JOC/Berge etc.

For sure we will have to move some on, but I like the theory of a 433 type formation.

UTB

Nice post, appreciate that but I'm on a different horse.
This motor's fucked beyond repair and needs to go to the breakers yard and see what we can get off intact and get a few quid for.
I doubt Berge will play Championship football. I'd expect decent offers for O'connell and Egan and think at least one will go. I also think Brewster will go out on loan because he looks fucking miserable as hell here. I think Moose will come to some arrangement to leave too.
One thing we do agree on... Bogle won't start a game 😆

——————Ramsdale

Isn’t Coulibaly on a 3-year loan at Beerschot?

Bogle Egan JOC RND. Could be an incredible back 4 going forward. Free bash up to go into midfield and impose himself.

RND will start next season - he is part of our future team and after being given a 4 year contract he had better not be sitting on the subs bench.

At this moment in time - he starts for Wales and is getting good reviews at Luton as well as being "seen" by the secret scout in the Mail !!

Not normally ITK, but I heard from a credible source that RND will be back with us next month.

Decent enough line up though not sure Slater is the answer to our present midfield woes and despite all the crap about Brewtser not being good enough, needs to be in the traditional CF role. Furthermore, should Wilder remains in charge then I'm sure both Egan and particularly JOC will give us another season. Should CW leaves the club they may reconsider their futures.

i think egan may well end up at everton so maybe a swop cash plus besic berge will definetly go maybe villa may be interested if so maybe cash plus hourihanne baldock is likely to attract interest but weve got bogle to slot in there can only see perhaps mousset being moved on another striker in rnd and osborn for the left back spot and i also would like to see us try 433 in the championship nothing to fear in that league its garbage

Who do you sell Fleck and Norwood to?
Lundstram would be crazy not to sign a new deal, he will be playing Championship football next year either way.

I feel sorry enough for Brewster as it is this season, being signed for a big fee despite being not ready through no fault of his own.....Then he's being put out on the wing.

Lundstram isn’t crazy.
He’s generally been a lower league player so won’t have made masses from the game.

I believe we offered him £20K/ week but his agent knows he his stock was high when he looked great for 3 months in the PL last season.
His agent will have already been contacted regards future deals...hence why he’s not signing.

At the start of the season the strong rumour was that West Ham had offered £60K/ week.
As theres no transfer fee..then paying £60K a week would normally be chicken feed for a PL club.

——————Ramsdale

Berge will be sold and probably Egan. JOC and Baldock maybe. I'd like to see freeman back and Bogle given more game time.

Ramsdale
Bash new cb JOC
Bogle RND
Norwood fleck
Freeman
Mcburnie Brewster

If we can raise the funds by selling berge I'd like to sign a few more attacking minded midfielders.

——————Ramsdale

You can’t just bang Coulibaly in there when you’ve never seen him play and probably only seen YouTube clips of him from the Belgium league.

Berge will be sold and probably Egan. JOC and Baldock maybe. I'd like to see freeman back and Bogle given more game time.

agreed. Think this will come as an unpleasant surprise in the summer. Any assets will get snapped up, unless of course this season tarnishes their reputations that significantly.

Berge, Egan and JOC won’t be here.

Lundstram isn’t crazy.
He’s generally been a lower league player so won’t have made masses from the game.

I believe we offered him £20K/ week but his agent knows he his stock was high when he looked great for 3 months in the PL last season.
His agent will have already been contacted regards future deals...hence why he’s not signing.

At the start of the season the strong rumour was that West Ham had offered £60K/ week.
As theres no transfer fee..then paying £60K a week would normally be chicken feed for a PL club.

Lundstram will not be wanted by any PL sides, especially not at £60k a week.

The West Ham rumour was nonsense. Their owners hate the idea of £60k a week for their very top players, they're not going to be giving that to a championship midfielder.

agreed. Think this will come as an unpleasant surprise in the summer. Any assets will get snapped up, unless of course this season tarnishes their reputations that significantly.

Berge, Egan and JOC won’t be here.
I don't see JOC as a definite leaver, due to his injury. He might be too much of a gamble for someone as we should ask top dollar for him.

Back
Top Bottom