2015/16 Home Kit

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Of course all customer feedback taken seriously
The new logo is a 100% improvement on the old one, well done for taking the plunge. I think personally, the line drawing of the car could probably go at some point in the future as the rest of the logo is quite strong on it's own.

"Sheffield United have played in red and white stripes for most of their history, but began playing in white shirts and blue shorts. They briefly played in narrow red stripes for the 1890–91 season, before returning to all white the following year. (Looking at the team photo the stripes appear narrow rather than pinstriped.) The stripes returned in the 1892–93 season" - from wiki. The 1894/95 photo shows the team in broad stripes

View attachment 11087 View attachment 11099 View attachment 11098

1890/91 Team photo 1890/91 kit 1895 kit

The 1890/91 we played in the Midland League finishing 5th. The following season was the Northern League. We finished 3rd. In 1893/94 we beat Accrington Stanley in a test match (play-off) to be promoted to League Division One. In terms of honours everything has been won in broad red and white stripes.

View attachment 11078 View attachment 11081View attachment 11073
League Division 1 Champions 1897/98 1899 FA Cup Winners 1902 FA Cup Winners

View attachment 11079 View attachment 11083View attachment 11084

1915 FA Cup Winners 1925 FA Cup Winners 1952/53 2nd Division Champions

UTB

Nice one Cyprus . The shirt with the blue shorts and socks doesn't look bad . I think it looks better than what we played in the other day . Bit like A. Madrid. Could be playing like them one day.:D

UTB

So, I guess we'll see how popular the new shirt is on Sunday.

I got mine earlier. I have to say it is a lovely shirt. Would've been better as an away but hey ho.

I got mine earlier. I have to say it is a lovely shirt. Would've been better as an away but hey ho.

Does it have a sponsor on the back of the new shirt too? Would really like to get this, but not if it's covered in sponsors. Can deal with the sponsor on the front but that's it.

Does it have a sponsor on the back of the new shirt too? Would really like to get this, but not if it's covered in sponsors. Can deal with the sponsor on the front but that's it.

Unfortunately it does. The good thing is, you can't see the back

I got one earlier too Matt and agree that it's a brilliant shirt. I accept its not the red and white of the Blades but as a one off for a season in commemoration of the first official shirt I'm happy to accept change and wear it with pride (hopefully in the Championship!).

I think we should wear the new kit in the playoffs, a good idea to show off the kit to a wider audience, what do you think.

I think we should wear the new kit in the playoffs, a good idea to show off the kit to a wider audience, what do you think.

Unfortunately you're not allowed to. You can apply for special dispensation to wear a shirt that isn't registered as an official shirt for that season for 1 game per season... We used that vs Port Vale.

Shame just think about the shirt sales after a Wembley win, and I don't understand why people dislike the kit so much, it's here to stay for next season, maybe it will grow on people.

love this new shirt , be ok for a while then a similar collared old red an white shirt like briblades pic and make them all grow moustaches

15612.jpg

how did it work up to 1903 when goalies wore the same shirt as the outfield players ,you could tell our keeper as he was like a roundabout

SHEFFUbennett2.jpg

Woah, woah, woah....how come no one has made their own kit yet?

regarding goalie tops
this 1902 video shows fatty folkes and bury keeper in same tops as outfield players

1905_team_between_posts.jpg
but when fatty moved to chelsea in 1905 hes in a different top and a what look like an abominable snowmans holiday shorts
reet pair of moobs in that top

it seem a wooly turtle neck was the major choice for keepers later on

Back
Top Bottom