'Memries' 18th birthday of Battle of Bramall Lane

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bitter pig Megson recalled the day in a Sunday rag at the weekend. Made light of the fact there may have been a little history between the two, said the tackle finished Johnson’s season, that Michael Brown ‘walked’ off the pitch and that his players conduct was exemplary compared to ours. Funny how he stopped short of saying Browns season was over or that we were faking injuries or that Warnock was telling them to go down.
Cunt of the highest order

Bitter pig Megson recalled the day in a Sunday rag at the weekend. Made light of the fact there may have been a little history between the two, said the tackle finished Johnson’s season, that Michael Brown ‘walked’ off the pitch and that his players conduct was exemplary compared to ours. Funny how he stopped short of saying Browns season was over or that we were faking injuries or that Warnock was telling them to go down.

Indeed. Johnson returned to the WBA side two weeks later and played a further three games, Brown was out for the season, Santos & Suffo never played for us again.

To me Megson has always exemplified your typical pig.

I just couldn’t imagine someone like him being a Blade and if I ever met him and didn’t know him from Adam, I reckon I’d know straight away he was a pig.

It’s just something about them you can’t quite put your finger on but it’s there. No joking but I can usually tell whether pig or Blade within ten seconds of meeting someone.

One of the best games that i've ever been to at BDTBL.

Sat in the SS and had good value for money, back when G & H buzzed. The red card for Tracey is one of the reasons why I put Kelly & Hendo above him. Just one of a list of misfortunes that seemed to befall him, due to either bad luck or being gormless.

Loved it when the blade ran out of the SS and stole the WBA flag and ran back waving it around his head.

Santos did what he needed to do and fair play to him. Those that were at the two previous Forest games know how they set about us in both games. In his defence, Santos telegraphed it that obviously that Johnson saw it coming a mile off.

Fair play to Suffo as well, always rated him as a player & for whatever reason he never delivered.

I just couldn’t imagine someone like him being a Blade and if I ever met him and didn’t know him from Adam, I reckon I’d know straight away he was a pig.

It’s just something about them you can’t quite put your finger on but it’s there. No joking but I can usually tell whether pig or Blade within ten seconds of meeting someone.
FB_IMG_1581630429403.jpg

I always thought suffo was gonna be a superstar for us but we should have known he was a bit crazy didn’t get get a 10 match ban in the french 2nd division for headbutting the ref

Edit a quick wiki search says

His career has been littered with disciplinary problems; whilst at French club Nantes he was banned from playing for eight months for lashing out at a referee.

Bit of a random one, but feels like we all missed this when it aired – referee Eddie Wolstenholme spoke in March on a podcast about the game. One bit stood out for me:

Keith Curle could also have been sent off for appearing to land a punch on McInnes, and Wolstenholme admits he definitely should have sent off Michael Brown for a second booking, but by this point he was desperate just to get to 90 minutes.

“The decisions I made weren’t even difficult, they were straightforward,” he says. “The most difficult ones were not cautioning Michael Brown for a second yellow, and cautioning Keith Curle when I could have sent him off. I thought, ‘I want to get this game finished’.

After all the years wondering about the player motivations at that stage of the game, I’ve come to the conclusion that the challenges after all the initial chaos were less the likes of Curle & Brown deliberately trying to get set off, but instead acting with a sense that whatever they did next was unlikely to result in a suddenly-red-card-reluctant ref. For Curle in particular it must have been an absolute dream come true. Like that stage in classic computer football games where after a certain number of red cards you could just scythe down any player with just a free kick awarded.

You need to watch the Sky Sports bit from March this year on YouTube where they ask Michael Brown about what happened it will give you more of an insight for what you were concluding. It didnt really matter that the ref didnt give him a 2nd yellow when he tried to drag down McInnes as he admitted it was a stupid act back when he did things without thinking and this was what caused his hamstring to go which resulted in him going off anyway injured.

Bit late to the party on this one but yes I know exactly what you mean. That smarmy look.

To this day I don’t get why the fa didn’t throw the book at Megson when his slanderous comments got found out to be all in his pig head

You aren't the only one. I can walk the streets or supermarket or in a random pub and guess with 90% accuracy who the pigs are just by looking. There's always an air of arrogance to the individual.

Best 81 minutes of football I've ever seen at Bramall Lane.

I have every single clipping from the nationals, both Sunday and Monday, for this match in a brown envelope somewhere - must dig it out.

Can anyone remember who came in to replace Suffo, Santos, Brown, Tracey and Ullathorne then seen as 3 of them didn't play for the rest of that season?

Did Warnock have to field a youth or two and some other fringe players or did we still have enough seniors to plug the gaps?

Can anyone remember who came in to replace Suffo, Santos, Brown, Tracey and Ullathorne then seen as 3 of them didn't play for the rest of that season?

Did Warnock have to field a youth or two and some other fringe players or did we still have enough seniors to plug the gaps?

Ullathorne and Tracey played the following Tuesday against Milwall I believe, the suspension rules were different then, you got A weeks grace so Tracey wasn’t suspended until the weekend after when Wilko played. Ullathorne it was decided that his injury was only a “slight strain“. Ahem....

De Vogt replaced Tracey, cant remember the outfield player who came off. Cant remember who Santos replaced when coming on as sub.

Maybe Jags or Javary? I know Jags and Javary started to play towards the end of the ‘02 season. Javary had a couple of decent games from what I remember.

Back
Top Bottom