17th By Next Monday

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’ll be honest if the City Crowd is now seen as intimidating, we’ll be fine at Bramall Lane.
It’s intimidating if you’re a player as there’s a chance that some absolute cunt will come on the pitch thinking he’s ram man and knock you down.

The last time we were at this level with an atrocious team similar to this one we got a point away at BHA with them only equalising in the dying minutes. They are probably a better team now than they were then but at least the pressure will be on them to win and after a European match in midweek.

Reactions: Dkc
Might be the perfect time to face Brighton. They had a great start to the season, but it looks like playing in Europe has taken a toll on them.

Going to be tough though. They've lost a few games recently, but they usually don't get outplayed. Even against City they almost had 50% possession.

cant see us getting owt at brighton but every chance of picking 4 points up from bournemouth and burnley and 8 points heading to christmas would put us in a far better place even if we remain in the bottom 3 if we could just bring another striker and another centre back in in january it would give us an even better chance of survival

cant see us getting owt at brighton but every chance of picking 4 points up from bournemouth and burnley and 8 points heading to christmas would put us in a far better place even if we remain in the bottom 3 if we could just bring another striker and another centre back in in january it would give us an even better chance of survival

We won't be spending any money in January I'd imagine

I think that Archer goal on Saturday, and going on to win the game after conceding an equaliser was a bit of a watershed moment for us. The belief it's given the fans and the players will no doubt have a positive impact just as we get to a point where we've got some winnable games coming up.

It's maybe a little optimistic to say we'll be Brighton, but give us 4 or 5 games and I think we could be in a much better position than we are now.

I think that Archer goal on Saturday, and going on to win the game after conceding an equaliser was a bit of a watershed moment for us. The belief it's given the fans and the players will no doubt have a positive impact just as we get to a point where we've got some winnable games coming up.

It's maybe a little optimistic to say we'll be Brighton, but give us 4 or 5 games and I think we could be in a much better position than we are now.

We can't be in a worse position

Think the only way we'll get to 17th is if they rearrange the table alphabetically after this weekends results 😕

Have to say in the cold light of day it feels like talk of a ‘mini league’ of 4 or 5 is pretty fanciful. Bournemouth and Everton have squads that are levels above the rest of us - they each have 4 or 5 players who would be by far our best player.

Think increasingly it’s really a league of 3 the promoted teams are in and it won’t really matter what we do. The only thing that could change it is a hefty points deduction for Everton.

Feckin Barcodes & Spuds let us down big time
It's almost as if these fuckers want us to go down.
I don't know why but (and I laugh when other people say this) I think United are much better than our current position. I think we'll pull out of this relegation race (and hopefully blow our muck all over...let's think... it's got to be Everton).

It seems other teams are catching us up with injuries,
Newcastle got their excuses in….
Brighton with a few out today ….ahhh bless em.
Blades win 1-0.

I lost count of the amount of times they mentioned Newcastle's injuries before, during and after the Bournemouth match. It was becoming comical. They have as many as we've had all season, with the added luxury of being owned by an oil state. They will just go out and buy 5 players in January and it won't make the slightest difference to their finances.

For whatever reason, I don't sense there's the same amount of sympathy with us when we have 10+ injuries every single week. It is barely mentioned. I'm not saying it's bias or corrupt or anything - just plain ignorance about the bottom sides in the league.

Most media commentators probably have no idea we have so many injuries and assume we're playing Basham, Norwood and Osborn in midfield because that's all we've got.

The last time we were at this level with an atrocious team similar to this one we got a point away at BHA with them only equalising in the dying minutes. They are probably a better team now than they were then but at least the pressure will be on them to win and after a European match in midweek.
Wasn’t that the game that Lundstram got sent off in too? Harsh IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom