“Sky tv is F....... shi.......”

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Close but...

If football fans in the UK got organised, they would be able to have a much better say in the game. Would Sky & BT etc be interested in show games in an empty stadium?

As customers the football fans in the grounds just suck it up.

If football fans in the UK got organised, they would be able to have a much better say in the game. Would Sky & BT etc be interested in show games in an empty stadium?

Yes they would be interested. Why? Because fans at the stadium aren't the ones that will be buying the subscription to watch on the telly anyway.

It's not shit though is it? Its far superior to its competitors (BT and fucin AP) plus, as an exile blade, I'd get to see next to fuck all if it wasn't for sky.

The product is ok, though no better than Amazon.
However, moving games like they do is not acceptable.

Doesn’t surprise me.

I’m sure it won’t be long until the Prem instruct them to cut the feed on any anti var chants

For some strange reason I dreamt last night that I scaled that little scaffold at the back of the kop where the cameraman is and screamed 'VAR is fucking shit' and became an overnight hero.

I have to stop drinking before bed.

Doesn’t surprise me.

I’m sure it won’t be long until the Prem instruct them to cut the feed on any anti var chants

I think they are already. You could barely hear any Anti VAR stuff in the Man City game - and I'm sure there was some being sung...

It's only a matter of time before sky's monopoly over football is over. The Amazon Prime games in December is a sign of things to come IMO. Football will be moved to a streaming service (ala Netflix) and I reckon Simon Jordan has is bang on. The Premier League will set up its own streaming platform & sell that rather than selling the rights to games.

I don't think the chant relates to the quality of coverage. No one doubts that sky coverage is half decent.
It's the fucking about with the match schedules, people losing money on train tickets and hotels, and losing the opportunity to go to a game because they've moved it to a Monday night 8pm kick off when it should be 3pm Saturday. And that goes for all the broadcasters. Sky are just the worst offenders.

"Can't wait to get into the Prem to play Liverpool at Anfield and make a weekend of it"

"That'll be Thursday night, 8pm. Yours, BT Sport"
Which is the only reason that I'm not going.

Impossible to get home by public transport until the following morning.

For some strange reason I dreamt last night that I scaled that little scaffold at the back of the kop where the cameraman is and screamed 'VAR is fucking shit' and became an overnight hero.

I have to stop drinking before bed.

I imagine the camera man just sat there like
IMG_20191223_151006.jpg

The way to protest against VAR would be for football fans (collectively) to threaten to boycott products and services from Premier League partners from next season if VAR isn't sorted out.

I was thinking how long it will be before someone pops up with that.

If that is the counter argument to everything is ok, then you stick with it.

Normal service has continued in the prem after one fluke season. They didn’t do that well in Europe off the back of it and now they are mid-table at best side once again.
🙄

Yes they would be interested. Why? Because fans at the stadium aren't the ones that will be buying the subscription to watch on the telly anyway.
I disagree, the attraction of showing games played out in empty stadiums would have an adverse effect.
It would cause Sky problems.

Back
Top Bottom