“Sky tv is F....... shi.......”

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ShorehamRevolution

Reaction score
Just been over to the dark side to have a look on their forum to see if they had a thread about the whole Madine situation, This thread caught my eye though, pains me to say it and it’ll be more on their part being the home side but they’ve got a point. We should at least sing together and drown the microphones out. It’s not as if the whole country doesn’t feel the same about sky tv and moving games.

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/t...heffield-united-fans-ought-to-stand-together/

Sky tv is fucking shit... so are the police and Gary Madine

Whats the point in singing that ?
If it wasn't Sky it would be some over company.
We have been very popular with Sky this season and previous seasons to be fair, which must have earned the club alot of extra money.
I understand the problems kick off times changing cause fans, but the Sheffield Derby was never going to be at 3pm on a Saturday anyway same with games against Leeds and Rotherham thanks to SYP.
I think Sky do a good job, the Red button is great for fans like me who can't get to away games very often. They are nearly always complementary about us, and the exposure we get can't do us any harm.

The kick off times is not the main reason for my dislike. It’s the way they have sanitised the football experience, so they can wrap it up and package it to sell.

The fact that the rich get richer and there is no chance of anyone catching. The likes of Bobby Robson’s Ipswich or Brian Clough’s Forest doing what they did in the past, has now long gone.

What I would love to see is the arse fall out of the market completely. They give us this spin about being able to pay to see the best players etc. But we have been watching League 1 football for the last 6 years so don’t give me that.

Money or not we would go and watch and get behind the team, just like the majority of football supporters. It’s just what we do. I just believe it would be better without the money.

The kick off times is not the main reason for my dislike. It’s the way they have sanitised the football experience, so they can wrap it up and package it to sell.

The fact that the rich get richer and there is no chance of anyone catching. The likes of Bobby Robson’s Ipswich or Brian Clough’s Forest doing what they did in the past, has now long gone.

What I would love to see is the arse fall out of the market completely. They give us this spin about being able to pay to see the best players etc. But we have been watching League 1 football for the last 6 years so don’t give me that.

Money or not we would go and watch and get behind the team, just like the majority of football supporters. It’s just what we do. I just believe it would be better without the money.
Or Ranieris Leicester...

Or Ranieris Leicester...

I was thinking how long it will be before someone pops up with that.

If that is the counter argument to everything is ok, then you stick with it.

Normal service has continued in the prem after one fluke season. They didn’t do that well in Europe off the back of it and now they are mid-table at best side once again.

Maybe all 4 sides of the ground will be singing “Gary Madine is Fucking shit” :-/

I was thinking how long it will be before someone pops up with that.

If that is the counter argument to everything is ok, then you stick with it.

Normal service has continued in the prem after one fluke season. They didn’t do that well in Europe off the back of it and now they are mid-table at best side once again.
Steady on dear, I was merely adding to your examples.

The answer is that we don’t know when the next Forest, Ipswich or Leicester will pop up. However, I would say that it’s more likely than Liverpool winning the league based purely on them not winning it for a long time, albeit this year is the best chance they’ve had in about 20 years...it’s as likely as Watford winning it next year.

There are plenty of arguments against sky, however they offer a very good product.

My arguments against sky are that they rip off consumers by directly passing the ridiculous cost of paying for the premier league to the consumer. But that’s about all I can really place at their doorstep.

The Premier League and now the Football League are forcing these TV bidding wars and are creating the problem. The Premier League are generating huge sums of money for their members. But how many members of the Premier league have there been in the 20+ years since its formation. So what have these clubs done with the money? Ploughed it back into their clubs to keep ticket prices low? Certainly not.

The Premier League have allowed BT sports and Sky to price out terrestrial TV from all but late night highlights. Couldn’t they have insisted on 5-10 key games per season being shared between bbc/ itv/ channel 4?

Could the FA/ Premier League have insisted that clubs give a minimum 5% of their revenues to grassroots football? Dropping to 2.5% when they are getting parachute payments?

And finally TV. It’s great that we get almost all games streamed online or on the red button as it’s good for those that can’t travel to games. However it should’ve been thought out better and paid through the clubs, free or reduced cost for season ticket holders etc.

TV schedules now restrict viewing more than ever. So much football on tv that efl games would surely get more viewers on a Saturday at 3pm than a Monday night.

I like my football on a Saturday 3pm and Tuesday 1945. Other than that it becomes a pain in the arse. Especially when you try and book holidays around games, only for them to be moved!

Sky has, if anything, followed the rules of the premier league and efl... it you want to blame someone for Forest not winning the Premier League, it’s the Premier league you should despise

It’s still not as bad as the Champions league though...

Steady on dear, I was merely adding to your examples.

The answer is that we don’t know when the next Forest, Ipswich or Leicester will pop up. However, I would say that it’s more likely than Liverpool winning the league based purely on them not winning it for a long time, albeit this year is the best chance they’ve had in about 20 years...it’s as likely as Watford winning it next year.

There are plenty of arguments against sky, however they offer a very good product.

My arguments against sky are that they rip off consumers by directly passing the ridiculous cost of paying for the premier league to the consumer. But that’s about all I can really place at their doorstep.

The Premier League and now the Football League are forcing these TV bidding wars and are creating the problem. The Premier League are generating huge sums of money for their members. But how many members of the Premier league have there been in the 20+ years since its formation. So what have these clubs done with the money? Ploughed it back into their clubs to keep ticket prices low? Certainly not.

The Premier League have allowed BT sports and Sky to price out terrestrial TV from all but late night highlights. Couldn’t they have insisted on 5-10 key games per season being shared between bbc/ itv/ channel 4?

Could the FA/ Premier League have insisted that clubs give a minimum 5% of their revenues to grassroots football? Dropping to 2.5% when they are getting parachute payments?

And finally TV. It’s great that we get almost all games streamed online or on the red button as it’s good for those that can’t travel to games. However it should’ve been thought out better and paid through the clubs, free or reduced cost for season ticket holders etc.

TV schedules now restrict viewing more than ever. So much football on tv that efl games would surely get more viewers on a Saturday at 3pm than a Monday night.

I like my football on a Saturday 3pm and Tuesday 1945. Other than that it becomes a pain in the arse. Especially when you try and book holidays around games, only for them to be moved!

Sky has, if anything, followed the rules of the premier league and efl... it you want to blame someone for Forest not winning the Premier League, it’s the Premier league you should despise

It’s still not as bad as the Champions league though...

Apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick on your first post.

You have some valid points there. I think the common denominator is the money. As soon as money gets involved things become a brand rather than a club.

Yes the premier league is looking after its members but sky and BT have to please share holders too and there finger is right in the pie.

Things like blocking out swearing and camera shots of families is not the premier leagues doing. Now I don’t advocate swearing on a daily basis and I do occasionally take my kids but I do think we have lots a bit of an edge. Where working class men can go to the match have a beer shout at the ref and not made to feel like a hooligan.

All of the above damages the brand and that is the TV I believe.

All I ask is they select the games they show with loads more notice. For the last 2 seasons the late fuck you fans we run football attitude has affected the many long distance non Sheffield based blades. For us a coach back isn’t an option. A fucking sky supplement of additional costs payable to any inconvenienced fan should be on any political parties manifesto. If Sanchez can be paid 350 grand a week someone somewhere can find 50 quid for a B and B for me! Bollox to Sky fucking it up for anyone who wants to visit a ground.

Watching WBA v Leeds and the crowd started singing “sky tv is fucking shit” and all of a sudden the crowd noise changed... seems that SKY are censoring the crowd chanting that they are shit!

Watching WBA v Leeds and the crowd started singing “sky tv is fucking shit” and all of a sudden the crowd noise changed... seems that SKY are censoring the crowd chanting that they are shit!
The same fake crowd noise they pumped all over our remembrance day silence. Wankers.

They can't sell the original product with all it's faults so they sanatise it and try to change it.

Football is really a breath away from death.

I'm really considering giving up next season unless things change, just when we got back to the "top level"

It's not shit though is it? Its far superior to its competitors (BT and fucin AP) plus, as an exile blade, I'd get to see next to fuck all if it wasn't for sky.

It's not shit though is it? Its far superior to its competitors (BT and fucin AP) plus, as an exile blade, I'd get to see next to fuck all if it wasn't for sky.
I don't think the chant relates to the quality of coverage. No one doubts that sky coverage is half decent.
It's the fucking about with the match schedules, people losing money on train tickets and hotels, and losing the opportunity to go to a game because they've moved it to a Monday night 8pm kick off when it should be 3pm Saturday. And that goes for all the broadcasters. Sky are just the worst offenders.

"Can't wait to get into the Prem to play Liverpool at Anfield and make a weekend of it"

"That'll be Thursday night, 8pm. Yours, BT Sport"

Last edited:
They can't sell the original product with all it's faults so they sanatise it and try to change it.

I'm really considering giving up next season unless things change, just when we got back to the "top level"
Really?

I pine for the “good old days” more than most, but I’m loving this season.

I get your point but. "IT'S TOO GOOD TO GIVE UP AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME"

Back
Top Bottom