‘The worst PL teams ever’ - Season after

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No I don't think so. The macquarries bank money was basically us lending this seasons money against its guarantee as its given in 3 separate installments across the season.

So basically we borrow it so it's all upfront then pay back in the 3 installments as we receive them.
All amounts up to July 2022 will be assigned to Macquarie by the looks of it

1619809679912.png

We're going to be a complete unknown, I know the club have wanted time to find the right manager, but i think this could be a big mistake if they don't get appointed before the end of the season, for two main reasons:
a) The new manager won't have had chance to work with the players in a competitive period to assess the players on the pitch as well as the training ground
b) The new manager will have a short preseason (with the euros) to assess the group together, to work with them and then to play non competitive friendlies to put his plans into place.

I personally think that, once again, if you sack/ mutually consent a manager, you need to have the plan ready to go as soon as possible. The long periods of uncertainty with staff gradually being let go (and not replaced) as well as a caretaker being in place that clearly isn't the right man for the job can only have a negative impact.

A new manager coming in early couldve had a chance to impact things early, put his practices into place and bring in his back room team.

The other key part of this is that if you bring a manager in early before the end of the season, he gets his chance to develop his own retained list and perhaps most importantly, allows him to put blockers on the sale of the best players which could return us to the Premier League at the first attempt.

I'm hopeful that with the squad we have, a decent preseason we can get these players firing again. Thats if we don't flog the better players before the new man has chance to work with them...

Big summer for the owners to make a big decision to avoid doing a Sunderland or Wolves...

Back
Top Bottom