‘Can I have your shirt’ begging

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Very harsh response, I don't mind feedback on a post whether it be negative or positive that's constructive, but referring to someone having 'bigger underlying issues' is extremely unfair.

Some people will see a kid/adult with a sign asking for a shirt and think that's lovely. Some will think it's begging & most won't care. I just wondered what people's thoughts are following the debate i listened to & seeing it more and more at recent home/ away games. It's good to see most have given their thoughts on the topic without being a complete nob about it.

Different topic other than regurgitating threads about Wilders next job & flecks form.

I could have been a lot harsher....and there's not many genuine responses, some are even on about trying to bum Dave Bassett....

I will not resort to name calling like you but try listening to something a bit more challenging than a debate about children on Talk Sport with Adrian Durham, the Daily Star of radio shows.....it's all a bit pathetic picking on and being "wound up" (you said it, not me) by 8/9 year olds....in my day we leaned over the barriers shoving an autograph book in the players faces, now they ask for shirts because players throw them into the crowd on a regular basis....its no big fucking deal.

Grow up.

I could have been a lot harsher....and there's not many genuine responses, some are even on about trying to bum Dave Bassett....

I will not resort to name calling like you but try listening to something a bit more challenging than a debate about children on Talk Sport with Adrian Durham, the Daily Star of radio shows.....it's all a bit pathetic picking on and being "wound up" (you said it, not me) by 8/9 year olds....in my day we leaned over the barriers shoving an autograph book in the players faces, now they ask for shirts because players throw them into the crowd on a regular basis....its no big fucking deal.

Grow up.
The second half of your response there is exactly the type of response that you should have put initially, I completely get that point of view and why that makes your opinion valid. It’s your right to have your own stance on the question i asked.

Referring to someone having ‘deep issues’ because they even asked the question or gave their own opinion on it isn’t necessary though.

We all debate on here about pretty meaningless topics everyday. Do people have ‘deep issues’ because they’re concerned over John Flecks form? Or whether Brewster will come good in the end?

Use your own advice and grow up

You’re always moaning about something
Moaned after we lost to Millwall (like 80% of us) & asked a question about people’s opinion on a debate I listened to.

Sorry that this has offended you, hope you’re enjoying following my posts though.
You seem to pop up everytime.

It annoys me. Mainly because they are sat with a grown man at the side of them who probably got them to do it in the hope they can stick it up on eBay when they get home.

No issue with players handing their shirts to somebody in the crowd as a spur of the moment gesture but this is effectively pan handling.

My personal opinion.

Its low-grade, scratty behaviour and effectively begging. I'd be quite sure that most of the perpetrators of this are people who only go to one match and use it as a chance to get a free signed shirt, rather than those kids who go regularly.

I'd also hazard a guess that a lot of the shirts would probably send up on ebay, or being flogged off to the highest bidder rather than a momento of the game. Its the same reason top footballers are loathe to autograph items now because the same things happen to them.

I've been taking a child to the games with me, both home and away and it goes straight to the top of the list of things not to do, in front of owning a half and half scarf. If i was a player and I was inclined to give away a match worn shirt, the hand made posters would be the last person I'd give a shirt away to, instead it would go to someone not begging for one, and probably not expecting to be given one. Footballers are savvy nowadays, or you would like to think so, and probably wouldn't give one away to someone with a shite homemade sign begging for it.

The second half of your response there is exactly the type of response that you should have put initially, I completely get that point of view and why that makes your opinion valid. It’s your right to have your own stance on the question i asked.

Referring to someone having ‘deep issues’ because they even asked the question or gave their own opinion on it isn’t necessary though.

We all debate on here about pretty meaningless topics everyday. Do people have ‘deep issues’ because they’re concerned over John Flecks form? Or whether Brewster will come good in the end?

Use your own advice and grow up

It's also my right to reply to a post on a public forum as I see fit and in my opinion if someone gets "irritated and wound up" by children holding a sign up at a game of football they really need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

If my response offended you, I don't give a flying fuck.

Christ I bet some of you lot are fun at a party. Let the kids have their fun and if they can get some collectors items why not? It's not hurting anyone. Did no one go trick or treating at Halloween or sit outside the local shop asking for a penny for the guy???

My personal opinion.

Its low-grade, scratty behaviour and effectively begging. I'd be quite sure that most of the perpetrators of this are people who only go to one match and use it as a chance to get a free signed shirt, rather than those kids who go regularly.

I'd also hazard a guess that a lot of the shirts would probably send up on ebay, or being flogged off to the highest bidder rather than a momento of the game. Its the same reason top footballers are loathe to autograph items now because the same things happen to them.

I've been taking a child to the games with me, both home and away and it goes straight to the top of the list of things not to do, in front of owning a half and half scarf. If i was a player and I was inclined to give away a match worn shirt, the hand made posters would be the last person I'd give a shirt away to, instead it would go to someone not begging for one, and probably not expecting to be given one. Footballers are savvy nowadays, or you would like to think so, and probably wouldn't give one away to someone with a shite homemade sign begging for it.
Friend of mine years ago was always doing things to raise money for local charity, he happened to be a massive Wednesday fan (no pun) he rang Wednesday re getting a ball signed, I forget the amount of money they asked for, even after shown proof it was a charity, the reasoning it will be sold, on and on.

Happy to say he ended up at the Lane, got the football signed and bit of other merchandise for his auction

It's also my right to reply to a post on a public forum as I see fit and in my opinion if someone gets "irritated and wound up" by children holding a sign up at a game of football they really need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

If my response offended you, I don't give a flying fuck.
Just irritated, not wound up 👍🏻. Not as irritating as you’ve found the overall topic though.

Us Blades could fall out with a mirror so there’s not much point in doing that! I take your views & points though.

Opinions are like ars*holes as we say!

Just irritated, not wound up 👍🏻. Not as irritating as you’ve found the overall topic though.

Us Blades could fall out with a mirror so there’s not much point in doing that! I take your views & points though.

Opinions are like ars*holes as we say!

Haven't found the topic irritating at all, strangely amusing yes...

ive sort of done a U turn because when it started it was nice & heart warming, , its like many things, you dont go to someone house & demand a cup of tea you wait til they offer. so when Billy Sharp did at the start of season or when Henderson gave that disabled guy with crutches his gloves. its great when players want to do it

but like everything in football its been milked to death & now i feels like its in every match. now i find them signs are extremely cringeworthy. i would be embarrassed if my niece would do that. because also your putting them in awkward position where its effectively emotional blackmail as they dont want to upset the kid & so feel compelled

Great subject for a thread 🙄
If I open a thread I have no interest in, I just close the thread and move onto the next

To answer the OP... it dies seem to be a growing trend that's annoying.
Remember when that scouser sent his lad on the pitch to run up to Harvey Elliott. That's next level cuntery that.

Noticed on SS someone holding up Norwegian and Swedish flags. They got berge shirt and olsen gloves. Kids now running down at back of dugout at end of match with signs. Players have also started moving from where they sit behind dugout as constant flow of kids and adults wanting signatures or photos

I'd be embarrassed to be a parent of a kid doing this.

My lad is 15 and been going for years. No way I'd let him have done this, but nor would he want to either as it's never been his style. He's never been bothered about photos with players.

So, taking into account the general disdain about shirts, my own homemade signs requesting Flecks toenail clippings and Norwoods beard trimmings might now be considered to be in bad taste?

One thing that never sits right with me is parents who actively encourage it. I mean, surely it's a collaborative effort between parent and kid to make the sign and select seats. It's a bad example to set for kids so not good parenting imo.

Vanessa Feltz just text me to say she's interested as she can then give Ron Jeremy a surprise 'Treat' for 🎃 Halloween 😃😃
Jonny. Just had memsahib's mate round, hairdresser, she's f'in gorgeous, cutting hair. She's in a 2 and 8 f-in and blinding and at war with the world and it's wife.
As a consequence, we all now look like Mills bombs
I'm therefore ill equipped for VF extra curricular of sheep dip quizzes.
Thanks.

So, taking into account the general disdain about shirts, my own homemade signs requesting Flecks toenail clippings and Norwoods beard trimmings might now be considered to be in bad taste?
Thought you was a vegetarian Gaini.

Thought you was a vegetarian Gaini.

Wasn't planning to eat them! Do you think I'm some sort of weirdo? Was thinking of mounting them in a mahogany display case with a velvet inlay and just admire them once in a while.

Wasn't planning to eat them! Do you think I'm some sort of weirdo? Was thinking of mounting them in a mahogany display case with a velvet inlay and just admire them once in a while.
Can you do one of them for me?
Ta.

Back
Top Bottom