‘Can I have your shirt’ begging

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Millhousesblade1889

Reaction score
I’m just listening to TalkSport and they’re talking about the amount of ‘can I have your shirt’ signs you see now.

There was one of these near to where I sit in the last home game vs Millwall and it really irritates me (lad was only 8/9).

The lads dad throughout the game was telling him to hold it up pre-match warm up, half time, when we had an attacking corner, basically anytime a player came near.

What’s everyone’s thoughts? The presenters are suggesting they should be banned.

I saw Moose give his shirt to a child with a sign at Barnsley on Sunday. I'd go along with Whiston Blade on this one

Which one of my shirts do you want, the one with stains down the front or the BO stinky one, it will cost you postage and packaging
The twist is my post is it’s actually a plea to get members shirts for free. The post is my handmade sign

I’m just listening to TalkSport and they’re talking about the amount of ‘can I have your shirt’ signs you see now.

There was one of these near to where I sit in the last home game vs Millwall and it really irritates me (lad was only 8/9).

The lads dad throughout the game was telling him to hold it up pre-match warm up, half time, when we had an attacking corner, basically anytime a player came near.

What’s everyone’s thoughts? The presenters are suggesting they should be banned.
You clearly don't have any real problems in your life if this is a problem for you. These are generally young kids wanting their heroes shirt. Annoying? Yeah a bit. Enough to spoil my match experience? Certainly not. It's a fad, it will pass.

You clearly don't have any real problems in your life if this is a problem for you. These are generally young kids wanting their heroes shirt. Annoying? Yeah a bit. Enough to spoil my match experience? Certainly not. It's a fad, it will pass.
I remember grown men getting Bassett to strip to his pants 30 years ago

I remember grown men getting Bassett to strip to his pants 30 years ago
Promotion match at Leicester 1990. Wednesday went down that day if you remember. Our minibus wound it's way back via various hostelries in derbyshire, to end up at The Sheaf Hotel on Bramall Lane about 10:15. The landlord (Pete I think?) was a Wednesdayite, but a good bloke and a good sport (his wife was a real looker). Arrived inside to find a coachload of Blades stripping him naked. They then proceeded to throw him out and lock the doors, leaving him banging on the doors and windows, todger swinging gently in the breeze. Twas about 20 mins before we let him back in.....

The only thing that should be held up at a football match is a tin foil and cardboard FA Cup, by a child. That's it.

What about pyro and beer bottles to lob at our own fans when we score?

Same people waiting for the players before every game for photos and general annoyance. Every game. Understand the odd game with your kids. Remember arriving to get tickets and they’d always be the same fat teenagers and their weird mums basically hounding the players.

It doesn't spoil my match day experience, let's not be dramatic. However, I love a spontaneous shirt throw to an unexpecting lucky little kid, but when they're sat there with a handwritten sign it irritates me. I don't lose sleep over it, nor does it annoy me, it's just a bit irritating.

I doubt you heard the debate, but what the guys said on talksport was right it's just begging & diluting the gesture. As it's a relative subject to current matchdays at Bramall Lane & other grounds I just wanted to get people's opinions, if they had any opinion at all. I appreciate it will not be of interest to many, like plenty of other subjects on here.

Last edited:

Slow news day at Talk Sport again then, Adrian Durham is no longer satisfied with ripping into players/managers he now wants to pick on children.

They are kids FFS, no big deal is it? If you get wound up by an 8/9 year old then i suggest you have bigger underlying issues to worry about...

Slow news day at Talk Sport again then, Adrian Durham is no longer satisfied with ripping into players/managers he now wants to pick on children.

They are kids FFS, no big deal is it? If you get wound up by an 8/9 year old then i suggest you have bigger underlying issues to worry about...
Very harsh response, I don't mind feedback on a post whether it be negative or positive that's constructive, but referring to someone having 'bigger underlying issues' is extremely unfair.

Some people will see a kid/adult with a sign asking for a shirt and think that's lovely. Some will think it's begging & most won't care. I just wondered what people's thoughts are following the debate i listened to & seeing it more and more at recent home/ away games. It's good to see most have given their thoughts on the topic without being a complete nob about it.

Different topic other than regurgitating threads about Wilders next job & flecks form.

Back
Top Bottom