£1.5m bonus for Chris and WBA

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He deserves every penny tbh. I'm not so sure about Hogan but Wilder knows more about the players ability than me!!

Thing is, Hogan hasn't even looked that quick. And PL defenders are quicker.

He doesn't look great at feeding off flick ons and scraps.

Running the channels and retaining possession isn't his strength.

He doesn't appear to be what he was before his knee injury.

There isn't one part of his game that we couldn't get somebody better for.

As for those black strikers.... you're preaching to the long term converted!
I’m surprised at you Ricky, considering how well I think you know your players that you can’t see that Hogan has got some really good attributes and has started to show one or two signs of them coming into action recently. Once his confidence comes back fully watch this bloke go.

To be fair to Hogan, I thought he took his goal very well against Ipswich
It was an incredible finish but more luck than judgement I suspect. Benjamin Bloom said in his video what I thought when seeing it, 'great finish if that's what he intended'. Obviously he was trying to score but I think he just got something on it and it looked perfect.

I’d like us to sign Hogan over Madine. Don’t get me wrong, Madine has won me over but don’t think he’s right for the PL. Think we’ve seen what Madine brings us. Hogan, on the other hand, I suspect there’s development to be done there. As he builds relationships and familiarity with our squad and tactics, I think Wilder and Knill could improve him. He’s a very clever player who reminds me a little of Charlie Austin. He makes countless little darts in behind and we just haven’t got completely used to them yet. Think he could be an asset and, if Villa don’t go mad on the price, I’d sign him and then look for one more to complement him, Sharp and Didz.

Think Hogan would be a decent PL addition to be honest, not the 'score 25 goals' type, but if he was we wouldn't be getting him.

There are plenty of 7 goal strikers in the PL and I think he could be one of them, they have their place. I look at Hogan and the thought of him having a preseason with us, and I think he'd be better than some of the touted "Premier League" options like Shane Long.

Think Hogan has def got something. Give him a pre-season under Wilder and Knill and he could kick on.
Can't be taking these kind of chances sadly.

If we did, everybody would deserve a chance in an Adkins style 'clean slate'. We know how that turned out.

We know Wilder doesn't work on sentiment.

He is ruthless and that's one reason why he's got us from L1 to the PL in 3 seasons.

Sun reports this morning that CW picks up a £1.5m bonus which was negotiated when he signed his new contract for gaining promotion

Also says that managerless WBA are/ were desperate to sign him and that CW "could" have been tempted due to the ongoing issues with the owners hampering him

Also says CW is deffo want to sign Hogan if a deal can be threashed out. CW is a big fan.

I can't see CW buying a Lambo with his new-found wealth. A nice piece in the Mail on Sunday today says he quite often uses the bus.

I can't see CW buying a Lambo with his new-found wealth. A nice piece in the Mail on Sunday today says he quite often uses the bus.

He's a big Merc bloke isn't he? He'll get an SLS for the daily driver and a G Wagon for when he does the big shop at Asda.

was just coming on here to say the same a bout being offside.

I fear some people are in for a disappointment this summer. CW seemed to confirm our transfer budget will be in the region of £25m-£30m during one of his interviews this week. With that in mind, i’ll be amazed if we blow the majority of it on a single player, particularly someone such as Maupay who is completely unproven at that level and yet will still command a very big fee. I like the idea of signing Hogan as he has something to prove after his disappointing time at Villa and if CW/AK have worked with him for the last 6 months and want to sign him permanently that is good enough for me.

Do you reckon Chris was a millionaire before this bonus ? No wonder he was getting pissed up so much !

Wilder could sign Connor Salmon next season and I'd be confident he'd get 20+ goals out of him

Could be something in the WBA story. CW just said in his after match interview that after the game at Bristol City last season, he thought it was his last game. He said to AK walking off the pitch "I think that's us done".

He said the owners' sorted out there differences for the sake of the club. He paid tribute to owners' for their support.

He's a big Merc bloke isn't he? He'll get an SLS for the daily driver and a G Wagon for when he does the big shop at Asda.
According to someone my missus works with, who walks past his house on her way to work, he’s just bought a black BMW

Think Hogan has def got something. Give him a pre-season under Wilder and Knill and he could kick on.
Good player but we need proven quality swap him for Dwight Gayle

Dwight Gayle is proven to not be quality enough for the premierleague

Dwight Gayle is top top quality and has never been given a proper chance and mainly been used as a sub for Newcastle but still managed to score 1 in 3 for palace and Newcastle.

Back
Top Bottom