£1.5m bonus for Chris and WBA

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

In the grand scheme of things £1.5million is a drop in the ocean. The Blades board has got off lightly there.

Having the financial worries at Northampton when he used to pray he'd have sufficient funds to buy his petrol there isn't a guy in football who deserves this bonus more than Chris Wilder.

Again , thats a problem every team in the prem has
stoke came down with a 85m wage bill west broms similar

its why you get 150m, quid , 40/ 50 for playersfees 80 towards wages 30

And why so many clubs are in trouble when they go down. Championships players on an upward curve I hope is what we go for with the ability to sell on and build again

Dwight Gayle is top top quality and has never been given a proper chance and mainly been used as a sub for Newcastle but still managed to score 1 in 3 for palace and Newcastle.
That must be why they got rid of him.

And why so many clubs are in trouble when they go down. Championships players on an upward curve I hope is what we go for with the ability to sell on and build again
but we are savvy in this area as are norwich
quality costs money, we need some but have to buy our audi tts at smart cabriolet prices

According to someone my missus works with, who walks past his house on her way to work, he’s just bought a black BMW

Where's his house? I want to create a shrine.

In the grand scheme of things £1.5million is a drop in the ocean. The Blades board has got off lightly there.

Having the financial worries at Northampton when he used to pray he'd have sufficient funds to buy his petrol there isn't a guy in football who deserves this bonus more than Chris Wilder.
I wish it was in my ocean !

£1.5 million was about 6 weeks wages for Mourinho at Man U. With little success. CW was robbed and should sack his agent. ;)

Dwight Gayle is top top quality and has never been given a proper chance and mainly been used as a sub for Newcastle but still managed to score 1 in 3 for palace and Newcastle.
not this again.. are you his agent? tell him he’s a proven diving bastard .. we don’t want players like that thanks we are on the whole an honest outfit

I'd rather have Gayle (plus cash) than the Rondon that went the other way
ha ha did you see the game yesterday? rondon troubled van dyk the best defender in the prem
is it me or are these people pushing this little shit people i’ve never heard of on here until recently?

I'd rather have Gayle (plus cash) than the Rondon that went the other way

Rondon is miles better than Gayle, if he wasn't a (comparatively) old git he'd be worth a lot more than he is and wouldn't be a West Brom/Newcastle level player. Rondon, Perez and Almiron for the Toon has looked a good three to me.

I'd take Rondon over Lukaku.

I think Hogan is worth paying £3m for tbh. I see comments on here suggesting we should be after Maupay who has a worse goals per game record than Hogan whilst at Brentford. Hogan was mainly played up front on his own at Villa, which is clearly not suited to him. Who is say that Maupay won't struggle like Hogan if he moves elsewhere. Plus Maupay will command £15m plus fee, which I don't see us paying.

I think Hogan is worth paying £3m for tbh. I see comments on here suggesting we should be after Maupay who has a worse goals per game record than Hogan whilst at Brentford. Hogan was mainly played up front on his own at Villa, which is clearly not suited to him. Who is say that Maupay won't struggle like Hogan if he moves elsewhere. Plus Maupay will command £15m plus fee, which I don't see us paying.

Are you comparing less recent pre-injury Hogan with current Maupay?

Rondon's a great player, just not terribly prolific. Certainly better than Dwight Gayle.

Having just watch Ivan Toney score 2 and hit the bar for the Posh he could be worth a consideration.
Yes very interesting as I was thinking the same when I watched Quest last night and saw him score - fast and strong

We need a long term replacement for Billy Sharp, and I think Maupay would be great for this job. Getting him would mean pushing the boat out financially but, up to a limit, i think it would be worth it. Reason being:

Scenario..
1. We get him, he scores a bunch of goals and keeps us up. Perfect, job done.
2. We get him, he scores a bunch of goals, but we dont make it and go back down- but we can easily sell him and make our money back (and maybe more as now a proven prem scorer), or keep him for championship.
3. He doesnt score many goals and we go down- well then we still have a fairly young, proven championship goalscorer for the next season.

It would be a lot of money but I dont see much of a downside. I think his attitude is spot on as well

The Sun article is trash surely? Why? Because they're suggesting that Wilder would have been tempted to go to WBA with us right up in the promotion race to leave us for West Brom who we'd already beaten and the transfer window was closed so Wilder couldn't bring in anyone. I cannot believe Wilder would be tempted at that time of the season quite frankly and I'm not so sure we're definitely interested in signing Hogan since again it seems to be the Sun speculating and their own Alan Nixon said just last week that we were unlikely to go for him because of his wages.

Hogan will be better suited in the Prem, don't think you closed down as quick.

not this again.. are you his agent? tell him he’s a proven diving bastard .. we don’t want players like that thanks we are on the whole an honest outfit
No just can see when a player is quality

So who could we get better than Dwight Gayle for less than say ten million
Why do they have to be less than ten million.and how do you know Gayle wouldn't cost that ? I know for a fact he is on 50k a week as well

Worth every penny if true
And I’d trust Sir Chris in the transfer market
If he thinks he’s someone is good enough for our team , and can offer us something better , than he’ll do for me
I’m not going to question any player he signs
Well only hooper or fletcher maybe
And I will not call for his head even if next season doesn’t go well for us
Him , his management team and all the back room staff have earned it

you got to trust Tufty, in so far as look at his bad signings... Leonard, Evans, Ricky Man Bun....
once he gets them and they show they are not up to it after,all he ships them out pretty sharpish. If possible turning a profit in so doing.

He is a fan as well as a diligent custodian of the club. He sees that if they will not cut it in his "all in" environment then he moves them on and chops their wages away off the weekly payroll. No free loaders tolerated.

This is the difference of why we are where we are.

Compare that to FLN, who had like 40 first team pro's on the books. Tufty genuinely looks after the future of the club, cos he cares.....its HIS club as well as ours.
I do expect him to take a punt or 2 on some decent name signings but they will have to do it HIS way or they will get moved out and save the money.

In Tufty we trust ...

Back
Top Bottom