Wilder tonight

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bruce Wayne

Reaction score
Not seen him so twitchy before, genuine concern and bordering panic. Abdullah give him some conckers please.

Great interview and its a game of fine margins. We're not far off from a win etc. But also need that quality player coming in also up top, here's hoping this week will be the week.

No wonder the poor fucker's stressed.
Robbed by officials + VAR.
Egan gets done for pace again.
Our famous defence make 2 blunders from a setpiece for their goal.
Contract rebel gets stupid early yellow then waste pen.
And Club seems incapable of signing as striker , despite his instructions "...I've TOLD the board..." (to get their finger out and they've done fuck all).
He won't be staying long if he feels the Club are messing him about.

He's suffering from "Taken us as far as he can syndrome"

Agitated, struggling to get words out in the right order, scowling face, noticably stressed and pissed off, the team doing the absolute opposite of what was working so well.

Still, he's our best in recent times it's taken four years to naff him off, most managers look like jibbering wrecks after six months of managing United

Last edited:
I'd hate this to be the start of the end of Wilder. It's not like we didn't know it wasn't going to last forever. :(

Hopefully it is just a blip. And hopefully we won't become United of old and sack managers because of a few blips. In 4 years this is Wilder's worst period... But we are in the Premier League, it is almost expected at some point you'll have a rough patch. Not having fans there giving lads a boost feels like the key to me. No one to give them a verbal kick up the backside other than Wilder, so of course he's stressed.

We're not that bad, we can get out of this and we can get going it's only 2 games in, lets get a bit of perspective here...

Don't feel sorry for Chris, it'll be good to see what he's made of when put to the most difficult challenge of his career..

On a positive Bash was epic again and if Burke can play a striker in with those kind of through balls we'll be OK...

There is a number of games to play before you can panic, that number isn't 2, that number is 10... 10 games... Then we'll know what kind of season we're going to have or weather we need to panic..

The issue as I see it is that he knows that we need to strengthen in order to compete in this league, he said so after the Southampton game.
However he's brought in new players who unfortunately aren't up to Premier League standard and he's still relying on the bulk of the team that got us up in the first place!

Aside from Berge, we haven't got the quality of player required to compete in this league and we can't afford to bring in that quality!
OK, we had a great season last season, but look at us after the restart, we were running on empty and looked incapable of winning games at times, despite good results against Chelsea and Spurs!

Villa last night were shite and have overspent ridiculously, but some of their players are far better than what we have; Ming's, Grealish, Martinez....
OK the sending off didn't help and if we'd scored the penalty.....but we didn't and we lost and never looked like winning!

I've watched most of the EPL games played so far this season and apart from WBA and maybe Fulham I haven't seen any team worse than us and most of the rest are light years away from where we are right now!

Early days yes, but it's looking like it's going to be a long hard and possibly painful season already! 🤨

The issue as I see it is that he knows that we need to strengthen in order to compete in this league, he said so after the Southampton game.
However he's brought in new players who unfortunately aren't up to Premier League standard and he's still relying on the bulk of the team that got us up in the first place!

Aside from Berge, we haven't got the quality of player required to compete in this league and we can't afford to bring in that quality!
OK, we had a great season last season, but look at us after the restart, we were running on empty and looked incapable of winning games at times, despite good results against Chelsea and Spurs!

Villa last night were shite and have overspent ridiculously, but some of their players are far better than what we have; Ming's, Grealish, Martinez....
OK the sending off didn't help and if we'd scored the penalty.....but we didn't and we lost and never looked like winning!

I've watched most of the EPL games played so far this season and apart from WBA and maybe Fulham I haven't seen any team worse than us and most of the rest are light years away from where we are right now!

Early days yes, but it's looking like it's going to be a long hard and possibly painful season already! 🤨

Mings? Do me a lemon.

Grealish is obviously a quality player, and Martinez is a good keeper thus far.

Other than that they look no better than last season for all their money spent.

If we win our next game we'll be 1 point behind where we were after 3 games last season when everyone was buzzing.

Earliest of early days. It's a hugely disrupted season, last season all our summer signings were in the building before we went to Bournemouth and a few were on our preseason tour. We don't have that luxury this season so we're learning on the job.

I'll be concerned if the window shuts and we've not got at least one striker in, but I just can't see that being allowed to happen to be honest.

Lets not forget that Wilder described this as the ‘best transfer window ever’ and it was clear last year what our biggest issue was. It was his choice to spend the money on back-up defenders rather than a first string striker.

Yes it clearly did but post Lockdown in particular we have resorted to hoofball for some reason and it has continued this season.....and our form has dropped off a cliff with it......that can't be denied
Thats not truenwe outplayed Chelsea ,spurs and beat wolves in a tight game
We also finished 9th

Your manager performed a fucking miracle to do that and after a poor start this is the fucking attitude towards him ?

As usual people are reading far too much into his interview. Yes he is pissed off about the result, and rightly so, and yes he might be giving the board a kick up the arse regarding a striker, but he does this from time to time. He has also stressed on numerous occasions that he is delighted with the level of support that he receives.

Remember his 'things need to change' interview at the end of his 2nd season? Folk were convinced he was on the verge of walking then and it never happened. There is no way he is going to leave this club whilst we are in the top flight. And the board know that they won't replace him easily. One way or another they will find a way to give hime what he needs.

We also finished 9th

Your manager performed a fucking miracle to do that and after a poor start this is the fucking attitude towards him ?

I'm simply stating that the tactics have clearly changed and those are the instructions of the coaching staff.

5 league games lost on the bounce whilst scoring a solitary goal are cause for concern, whatever has gone before.

Ah, I get it now, it's the players who have sacked off the no10 role and overlapping centre backs and resorted to hoofball tactics.....no wonder CW is so frustrated.....🙄
This, I’ve not seen any evidence of us getting in behind on either flank. Fleck and Stevens are invisible, JOC is rooted to the back line. Lundstrum resorts to slinging hopeful balls instead of working triangles and Baldock seems reluctant to take anyone on. Yes, yes, I know we were down to 10 last night but we had opportunities to do what we did so well last season but chose not to. I still think we’ll be fine if we get back to doing what worked so well but, as Torrix said, this has to be a tactical instruction from CW not just the players not performing.

We're not that bad, we can get out of this and we can get going it's only 2 games in, lets get a bit of perspective here...

Don't feel sorry for Chris, it'll be good to see what he's made of when put to the most difficult challenge of his career..

On a positive Bash was epic again and if Burke can play a striker in with those kind of through balls we'll be OK...

There is a number of games to play before you can panic, that number isn't 2, that number is 10... 10 games... Then we'll know what kind of season we're going to have or weather we need to panic..

An excellent post, but the problem is surely when its panicking time, it is already too late.

Haven't heard feed yet, but CW knows what's required. I love the guy to bits tremendous admiration for them both BUT to all the rose tinted spectacle brigade on here some of which are really offensive get real. The table doesn't lie, the stats dont lie, in 5 league games we have scored just one goal !! FFS one goal and have lost the lot. Now you can say it was the end of an odd season (lockdown) and its only two games in but those are the facts.

The rest of us just post opinions.

Made the wrong decision taking McGoldrick off for me. Should’ve taken Fleck off who did absolutely nothing all game

Really? For me, McGoldrick was a complete passenger last night until he was taken off. Never got on the ball or helped make it stick op top.

Goldie is a good player and will play a part this season no doubt, but he's hardly the type to dig in when we are a man light for 85 mins.

Fleck might not have had his best game for us, but he still managed to put a decent bsll in for Berge who with a bit of composure could have scored 2nd half to put us in the lead.

Goldie going off was exactly the right call imo.

Lets not forget that Wilder described this as the ‘best transfer window ever’ and it was clear last year what our biggest issue was. It was his choice to spend the money on back-up defenders rather than a first string striker.
Not to be pedantic but he did say 'IF' get another one up top, then would be best window

We also finished 9th

United started terribly in Wilders first season and tore up league one.
In 1990 Bassett had 3 points after 16 games.
Finished 13th out of 20.
Obviously there's hope.

We have to bite the bullet cos we need a quality PL striker NOW and they cost a min, £25 mill. We aren't going to get quality expecting to buy an Arsenal reserve for £3 mill.

Back
Top Bottom