Valérien Ismaël.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Barnsley have a very specific plan. They play in a certain way and recruit players and managers to suit that style. This is very smart and is working really well for them.

None of that means that Ismael would be a good appointment for United. His style uses young players to play in an incredibly high energy style. We'd need to completely overhaul our squad.

Wayne Rooney said this week that Barnsley are the most direct team he's ever come up against so I don't think that would go down well with our fans.

There's lots we could learn from Barnsley but I don't think we should be looking to appoint their manager.

He's doing very well at the moment. But his record before this season is unimpressive.

Barnsley have a very specific plan. They play in a certain way and recruit players and managers to suit that style. This is very smart and is working really well for them.

None of that means that Ismael would be a good appointment for United. His style uses young players to play in an incredibly high energy style. We'd need to completely overhaul our squad.

Wayne Rooney said this week that Barnsley are the most direct team he's ever come up against so I don't think that would go down well with our fans.

There's lots we could learn from Barnsley but I don't think we should be looking to appoint their manager.
Nothing wrong with being direct- how many times do we get to the 18yd box and then come back to goalie.?

Exactly - we should be looking to emulate their model and use our better resources to go one better, not nick their manager and assume all the other places will fall into place.

Exactly - we should be looking to emulate their model and use our better resources to go one better, not nick their manager and assume all the other places will fall into place.
Unfortunately their off field resources knock ours into a cocked hat they’re owned by a genuine billionaire US consortium not a tin pot tuna man unfortunately. They also have billy bean in an advisory capacity one of the men responsibly for the “moneyball” revolution in baseball. They have both the funds and the expertise to execute their plan. We have neither of those.

They play great football, top 6 in champ, and most importantly on a shoestring budget, I’d have him in!
Don't they play pretty bleak football? Hoof and pin them in.

The amount of people who think it's as easy as manager doing a good job under one system means he will do well here...maybe he will but as it stands all football operations at the club are leaving...

Very easy of Rooney to stick the boot into little ol Barnsley to cover up his own limitations as a manager.

I mean, how can he possibly be wrong

Back
Top Bottom