UNITED v Liverpool Forecast

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

originaltrueblade

Reaction score
IMHO It will be a tense match and we will be forced back on many occasions but I do think Liverpool can be beaten and they are due one and with the pace of Mousset and a start for Morrison we could well surprise them.

My forecast. United 2 Liverpool 1

This will send shockwaves to the rest

IMHO It will be a tense match and we will be forced back on many occasions but I do think Liverpool can be beaten and they are due on and with the pace of Mousset and a start for Morrison we could well surprise them.

Starting Ravel against Liverpool when we will need our most disciplined midfield performance of the season will not happen.

The back 8 will not change.

Up front will depend on fitness, with McB and McG both nursing problems.

Maybe I'm still drunk from last night, but I can see us getting something next week. They can be got at at the back - even Norwich demonstrated this on the opening game of the season, where I was less than convinced by Liverpool.

I think we will go with the same side. Perhaps Mousset for Robinson - but we know Wilder does not like to change it up too much.

To be fair I am always looking at the next game. But fuck Sunderland and smaller cups now we’ve European ambitions 🤦‍♂️

Liverpool can be beaten, they have weaknesses.
I just don't know what they are?
Being honest, anything less than a 3 goal difference would be OK by me.
It should be quite an event though, particularly if we start well. Can't wait.

Have they conceded goals this season? Yes
Can we score against them? Yes

Have they failed to score in games this season? Yes
Have we kept clean sheets? Yes

Can we beat them? Yes

Will we beat them? No fucking idea.

I'll have a better idea after they play Chelsea later and after we've played in the cup this week (to see who plays)

If I could pick any game to get three points ( or even one ) it would be this I live near Wigan and work with loads of Liverpool fans and each and every one of them is a massive whopper who knows nothing about football

When I mentioned to one of them the other week we were playing them soon he thought I meant in the cup ,he genuinely didn't know we were in the premier League even though we'd just beaten palace
On the flip side all the evertonians are sound and very knowledgeable about football so I won't even be able to take the piss tommorow

Can we beat them? Yes

I'll have a better idea after they play Chelsea later and after we've played in the cup this week (to see who plays)

We had a similar scenario in a league cup match in 1978. That's when the competition was taken seriously by the way. Liverpool, replete with Dalglish, Souness, Hughes et al were the unbeatable European champions, league champions blah blah. United were in div. 2. Liverpool were going to give us a right hammering that day. Guess who won? (Clue, it wasn't Liverpool).

United will not lose this Saturday.

No pressure on us. Expected to be tanked, just like every game.
Kitchen sink, Gung Ho, gerritforrerd, charge, Blades.
Reckon it will be just like the 4 - 5 vs Fulham. Enjoy it, thoroughly entertaining game it will be and with a global audience.

COYRAWW

watch it be a nowt-nowt stop-start bore.

IMHO It will be a tense match and we will be forced back on many occasions but I do think Liverpool can be beaten and they are due one and with the pace of Mousset and a start for Morrison we could well surprise them.

Sorry, I’ll be happy if we keep it to three. Don’t like the club, but they are some side.

It could be an intriguing match because both teams are renowned for pressing when out of possession. I expect it to be a very high tempo and our exceptional fitness levels could be key if we are to match them.

Then it will be a case of trying to keep their front 3 quiet for sustained periods [a big ask of course] but I do fancy us to give them a real game. Put it this way, I don't see them hammering us, as many have been predicting them to.

3/4 for Liverpool.Hate to say it but Liverpool and man city are on a different playing scale to all the other prem teams .Fingers crossed we get them on a off day

We had a similar scenario in a league cup match in 1978. That's when the competition was taken seriously by the way. Liverpool, replete with Dalglish, Souness, Hughes et al were the unbeatable European champions, league champions blah blah. United were in div. 2. Liverpool were going to give us a right hammering that day. Guess who won? (Clue, it wasn't Liverpool).

United will not lose this Saturday.
I'm guessing that football was the winner.

Here's how we beat Liverpool,
Put blue and white shirts on, they think they will be playing the massives, esp when the fans start bouncing to baffle them, Liverpool will then think that they are playing the world cup winners, be totally confused esp when Norwood is given a barry barnacle wig (the best midfielder since the midfield was invented), sit back in awe of playing the massives and dare not to cross the half way line, then on about 85 mins mark at 0-0 rip the blue and white shite off and Norwoods barnacle wig, (at this point blades fans can stop bouncing and launch into the GCB), tear down the flanks rip the liverpool defenders a new one and smash em 2-0.
Job done.
Klopp wil be fuming that they were beaten by the pub side and demand a whole VAR review of the match.

Can we beat them? Yes

Do I normally quite like Swiss's posts?
Yes.
Do I though find people who ask seemingly rhetorical questions then answer themselves fucking unbearable?
Yes.
Do I therefore ultimately forgive it as long as it doesn't become a regular habit?
Yes, okay.

They are due a defeat? They're unbelievably good man. What you on about? 😂

Do I normally quite like Swiss's posts?
Yes.
Do I though find people who ask seemingly rhetorical questions then answer themselves fucking unbearable?
Yes.
Do I therefore ultimately forgive it as long as it doesn't become a regular habit?
Yes, okay.

Could be worse. He could post in the 3rd person. Now that's off the Richter scale annoying.
Lot of other things as well.

Back
Top Bottom