Tim Sherwood

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

On TalkSPORT this morning saying not 1 united player would even get into the Spurs “SQUAD”.

Absolute delusion at its finest, when will these so called top 6 clubs get their heads out of their arses.

CUNT

Attacking wise he’s right, player for player they are better but holy crap Tottenham’s defence is a shambles so I think he may need to rethink that bit.

Whilst I think 'squad' is possibly a bit OTT, his general point makes sense and I don't really see it as a criticism.

An example, and no disrespect at all to JoC, but is he really better as an individual than Vertonghen and Alderweireld who were both on the bench the other day? Or is he part of a rock solid backline, and plays a unique overlapping role which no other club plays?

We are team who are so so much more than the sum of our parts. A squad of good players (not world beaters) who work tirelessly for one another and tactics/roles which everyone knows, coached by a sensational manager.

Whilst I think 'squad' is possibly a bit OTT, his general point makes sense and I don't really see it as a criticism.

An example, and no disrespect at all to JoC, but is he really better as an individual than Vertonghen and Alderweireld who were both on the bench the other day? Or is he part of a rock solid backline, and plays a unique overlapping role which no other club plays?

We are team who are so so much more than the sum of our parts. A squad of good players (not world beaters) who work tirelessly for one another and tactics/roles which everyone knows, coached by a sensational manager.

That being said, on current form I wouldn't touch Dier with a bargepole...

Every member of our defensive unit gets in their squad, most even their side. Baldock and Stevens certainly. Bash, JOC or Egan next to Sanchez at a push because I do like him, and it's a throw up of Henderson and Lloris these days. And that's me being kind to them.
Judging on how Sander gave their midfield the runaround, I'm certain he would too.

Stupidity or plain ignorance to say otherwise.

He's right ,don't be offended the point he is making is that we are a better team than them and that's down to the managers

Cascarino is also right when he says he wouldn't swap our back four ( 5) for theirs ,neither would I
In fact I wouldn't swap any of our squad for theirs as they seem to lack mental fortitude which is a pre requisite for united players

The problem for wilder will he as the net spreads and the signings become more and more marquee this is the problem you get ,you gain more quality but lose hunger and desire

I think people romanticise the idea of team spirit and workrate to the point they don't see the obvious. No, we don't have a player that would start ahead of Son or Kane, and yes, with Spurs' budget they'd probably look to sign someone with a higher price tag than any of ours carry right now, but if you think for one second that in our game against Spurs that Mourinho wasn't crying out for defenders as solid as some of ours then you're just kidding yourself.

Put it this way, if I were given the opportunity to play for the Blades in our next game I'd guarantee you two things:
You'll never have seen a player work harder
I'll make Dean Hammond look like Ronaldo

Hard work and team spirit goes a long way but you have to have some class to go with it. Our lads aren't sat above Spurs, having outplayed them twice, merely because they tried harder. We have some very technically able and well-rounded players in a system that is incredibly demanding in the intelligence of the individuals and ability to function in multiple positions. If those aren't traits of good footballers then I'm missing something.

If we're being honest, who cares? I don't care whether 1, 11 or 0 players get into the Spurs squad because I don't care about the Spurs squad or any other team which isn't Sheffield United for that matter.

Absolutely no need to be concerned about his opinion.
All you need to ask yourself is who would you rather have managing The Blades........... Tim Sherwood or Chris Wilder ......
There's a reason why one is a Premier League manager and the other is getting phoned by Talksport on a monday morning.

My United / Spurs team Tim would be

Henderson Baldock Basham JOC Egan Stevens Berge Fleck Norwood McGoldrick Kane

Who cares?

I don't

I don't care about Tim Sherwood's opinion specifically. I do care that some of our players deserve a lot more credit than they generally get, if only because it exposes the typical attitudes we see in football that drive me mad.

Tim Sherwood - whose managerial successes are...?

There’s tons of reasons why he was a trophy winning player at the top level and our Chris wasn’t. He seems to have forgotten that team management is a totally different game and that this is is why our Chris has built his way to almost the top without getting sacked, whereas his own career started at the top, worked downward and includes multiple sackings.

Spurs have no defence or midfield.

Our defence and midfield with their strikers would win the league.

I think it'd be more of our team in combined XI, I'd take Kane, Son, Bergwijn, and Lloris because we're short on GKs

Fortunate it is how you are as a team unit. Spurs' team of individuals not a match for our collective.

We are the Borg. Any excuse...

IMG_20200706_190013.jpg

With Spurs and all the "Big Clubs" or more properly described as "Big Spending Clubs" if you don't spend a shed load of money on a player they probably aren't good enough.

Who cares what Sherwood says/thinks. I don't and actually I would hate it if Spurs or whoever came in and tried to buy all our players. It would potentially leave us in a mess as it would be difficult to recruit replacements at a price/salary within our budget.

On TalkSPORT this morning saying not 1 united player would even get into the Spurs “SQUAD”.

Absolute delusion at its finest, when will these so called top 6 clubs get their heads out of their arses.

CUNT

One of the worst and least popular managers in Premier league history. Regularly says you can only know anything about football if you played professionally. A wannabee Del Boy style Harry Redknapp figure but with zero competence, respect or likeability.

An absolutely talentless cancer. Take whatever he says with a Pacific Ocean sized vat of salt

If I'm being very kind to them, this is our combined XI with a back 5 in place

Lloris
Baldock - Sanchez - Egan - JOC - Stevens
Berge - Fleck/Lo Celso
Bergwijn/Lucas - Kane - Son

Fortunate it is how you are as a team unit. Spurs' team of individuals not a match for our collective.

We are the Borg. Any excuse...

View attachment 84867
Everytime I see, if that's 7 of 9 wtf does no.1 look like?
I mean i know it doesn't work like that but in my mind it does and imagine doing a train on all 9 it'd be a death sentence...I think about this too much.

I say this, not riled by his comments, but because I think it anyway. Spurs are awful.

They're going backwards. They've wasted a young, English core and any investment that they've had. That core are now ageing or have drastically lost form. They've also sold, but downgraded with replacements each time; Bale, Walker are examples of this. Take Walker: Walker to Tripper to Walker-Peters. Steps backwards.

Their English core (Winks, Alli, Dier) now aren't up to it.

They could've 'done a Liverpool' with their finances and some shrewd building, but they didn't.

'with respect'
Well with respect Tim you know fuck all so fall in line with all the other football knowledge dimwits.
Murphy you are my marker, marker take post. Dumbest on the right smartest on the left in single rank size.

And that is why he’s a failed football manager.
Typical spend more money than is needed manager with no clue how to spot and then coach a player.

fuck him. His opinions are of little consequence.

Batty, Ripley and Wilcox made him look good.

Back
Top Bottom