The real danger

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't see them keeping it up though, they just scraped it today. Not big scorers either.

Still fancy Derby or Brum for 6th spot myself. Can't see the rest of the top 6 dropping out.

West Brom and Boror are the threat from below.

We could certainly do with a favour from Stoke now
West Brom have two games in hand and 5 points behind us

Plus Stoke will go above Wendy if they take something off West Brom which will dent their promotion hopes a biit

We could certainly do with a favour from Stoke now
West Brom have two games in hand and 5 points behind us

Plus Stoke will go above Wendy if they take something off West Brom which will dent their promotion hopes a biit

I'll get some money on the Baggies then.:)

If we beat Boro on Wednesday that will knock them well back. It's a big "If" but play like we did last night for the first 80 mins and we WILL win.
I’m not so sure. We played just as we’ll against Stoke at the Lane yet couldn’t put it in the back of the net. Middlesbrough are a far sterner test and even if we play like we did last night I still think we’ll struggle against that defence. Hope you’re right!

The real danger is ourselves. Keep shooting ourselves in the foot like that and we can forget it.
200w.gif

Baggies 1-0 up at half time without looking like anything special
Bad result for us if they win

I’m not so sure. We played just as we’ll against Stoke at the Lane yet couldn’t put it in the back of the net. Middlesbrough are a far sterner test and even if we play like we did last night I still think we’ll struggle against that defence. Hope you’re right!

Bash will be out and if Wilder fancies a bit of squad rotation then I fear an unfamiliar looking team and a struggle against the league's stonewallers. He might do something really daft like giving Billy a rest but on the plus side Duffy's had his time-out so should be back.

Must be Bristol City, who cant stop winning and we never seem to beat them when it counts (nothing on lost game of season)

We'll have this until the end of the season. A week ago it was Hull but they've lost today. Look at Birmingham but they're facing a points deduction. We've got 'points in the bag' which should ensure a play-off place and have a bit of wriggle room whereas the chasing pack daren't slip up.

Brizzle have got QPR this Tuesday but - after that - Norwich (A), Birmingham (H), Preston (A) and Leeds (H). Plus they're still in the cup.

The ones I really fear are Wednesday. Win, lose or draw, they always seem to be closing in on the play-offs...:rolleyes:

Bash will be out and if Wilder fancies a bit of squad rotation then I fear an unfamiliar looking team and a struggle against the league's stonewallers. He might do something really daft like giving Billy a rest but on the plus side Duffy's had his time-out so should be back.
Really hoping Dowell keeps his spot. Did well last night, ran the game. Got into some good positions.

Some good and interesting points made by those on here so far. I reckon we can do West Brom, Dirties and pigs. Aas long as minds are sufficiently conrcentated at home games, we can finish top three with the Timewasters and Baggies, but in what order who knows?

Some good and interesting points made by those on here so far. I reckon we can do West Brom, Dirties and pigs. Aas long as minds are sufficiently conrcentated at home games, we can finish top three with the Timewasters and Baggies, but in what order who knows?

45 minutes of Norwich against the bottom of the league conforms we are the best team in the league.

Roygbiv a gauntlet has been thrown ;)

The general feeling after the game on Friday from rival fans were that we look great but don't have the mentality to go up. Promotion sides don't throw away 3 goal leads and all that. I don't think anyone thinks we are going to go up but they also don't wanna play us in the play offs .

Long way to go yet.

If I was a betting man I think Leeds and Norwich will hold out for top two. They both seem to find a way to eek out points late in games, and it's certainly not luck.

Being so close and seeing us throw too many points away due to avoidable reasons is really frustrating, but that said I think I'd still take a play off spot at this point.

Beat Boro this week and I might be persuaded to change my mind :)

The biggest worry is that rather than it just being us, Leeds and Norwich. West Brom and Boro have pegged us back and over the next few weeks depending on results it could become 2 from 5 rather than 2 from 3 for autos.

Personally I think it will be West Brom and Norwich. Still think West Brom will get it together and I really think Norwich are the ones who could beat anyone on their day. Ultimately though it will be down to consistency between now and the end of the season. Everyone up there has had a wobble and I don’t think anyone will pull away.

We definitely can’t afford to lose to either Leeds or West Brom and will probably need to win one of those games too. The home games will be key for us. We’ve still got plenty of winnable home games to come and we just need to keep picking up points away from home. 6 points from the next 2 home games would set us up perfectly.

The general feeling after the game on Friday from rival fans were that we look great but don't have the mentality to go up. Promotion sides don't throw away 3 goal leads and all that. I don't think anyone thinks we are going to go up but they also don't wanna play us in the play offs .

They're not wrong.

We need to start finishing games in the oppositions box instead of our own .Like Norwich and weeds who keep getting added time goals instead of giving them up.

Back
Top Bottom