[POLL] Would you consider moving to the BL Upper Tier to improve the atmosphere?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would you be interested in moving to the upper tier to help improve the atmosphere?

• Total voters

Ricky

Banned
Reaction score
Obviously this is with a view to next season now, but we saw today what an opportunity we could have in many games next season to really maximise the upper tier in terms of vocal support - there's plenty of space there in a great location right behind the goal.

It is arguably the best part of the ground, for the view and for creating an atmosphere, and it's about time we started making use of it as home supporters.

There's been plenty of talk about the atmosphere at home this season, and the upper tier probably represents our best chance of trying something different to improve it.

The question is simple:

Would you be interested in moving to the upper tier to help improve the atmosphere?

Make sure you vote, so numbers are easy to count.

If there's a favourable response to this it could form some sort of basis for us to take it further.

How are you going to help the atmosphere ?

Crowds wont be big enough anyway for the club to not offer to away fans

It's not really about how many vote no though is it? It's a simple way to measure how many would be up for it. I for one would be up for anything to try to improve the atmosphere at the lane

100% yes. Best view by a mile. Best accoustics and the perfect foil for the kop in the way Arsenals East Bank and Clock end created an amazing level of vocal support.
If we could sell it out then it would be irrelevant if next seasons visitors wanted 10 or 10,000 tickets.
Imagine a packed Lane intimidating the living crap out of visiting pigs from all sides and above.

• Banned
More options needed, Ricky. I want to vote NO as well.

I knew someone would mention this! But 'NO' votes would be pointless. This is only to try and establish the number that would be interested.

How are you going to help the atmosphere ?

Crowds wont be big enough anyway for the club to not offer to away fans

Ideally by gathering a good number of people who want to sing in a central area from the back row downwards.

The lower tier will have enough space for most away followings, but it's already known that in certain games the upper will be set aside solely for away fans next season, thanks to our wonderful friends from SYP and the Safety Advisory Group.

No leg room, bloody pillars, crap facilities, poor view, atmosphere of a mortuary (apparently).

I'll be sticking with the Kop though.

Although, am in BLUT for the first time for Chez. So retain my right to change my mind.

I knew someone would mention this! But 'NO' votes would be pointless. This is only to try and establish the number that would be interested.

Ideally by gathering a good number of people who want to sing in a central area from the back row downwards.

The lower tier will have enough space for most away followings, but it's already known that in certain games the upper will be set aside solely for away fans next season, thanks to our wonderful friends from SYP and the Safety Advisory Group.
Will you have song sheets and a brass band ?

Voted possibly

My issue with it is as follows. How do I know it will have a good atmosphere?

I sit on the kop because the sides are boring and dull from am atmosphere point of view. How do I know that the blut will be any better

Voted possibly

My issue with it is as follows. How do I know it will have a good atmosphere?

I sit on the kop because the sides are boring and dull from am atmosphere point of view. How do I know that the blut will be any better

If it wasn't you could just move back to the Kop, because it would be on a game by game basis, rather than a season ticket commitment (although maybe the club could offer an option to commit). Season tickets are only available in the upper corner.

The 'possibly' option in my mind mainly covers factors like price and convenience.

Last edited:
If it wasn't you could just move back to the Kop, because it would be on a game by game basis, rather than a season ticket commitment. Season tickets are only available in the upper corner.
Got it

Yes then

100% yes. Best view by a mile. Best accoustics and the perfect foil for the kop in the way Arsenals East Bank and Clock end created an amazing level of vocal support.
If we could sell it out then it would be irrelevant if next seasons visitors wanted 10 or 10,000 tickets.
Imagine a packed Lane intimidating the living crap out of visiting pigs from all sides and above.

As I've said elsewhere, first time in the Westfield today and was very impressed with the view and atmosphere.

Thought the chaps in the South Stand were the noisiest I've heard anywhere in the ground and despite what others have said on here, they kept chanting throughout the 90 mins.

2qnwcoo.jpg

Be good if the club changed its young person policy to everyone u21, even the u21s in full time employment won't be earning megs bucks and will help encourage more of the lads who help boost the atmosphere.I remember when I was about 14 and they opened the JS/Kop corner a season ticket was summit daft like £45 we bought our first season ticket on our own and a rest laugh. do something similar with the BL Upper?

As I've said elsewhere, first time in the Westfield today and was very impressed with the view and atmosphere.

Thought the chaps in the South Stand were the noisiest I've heard anywhere in the ground and despite what others have said on here, they kept chanting throughout the 90 mins.

H Block is always good Rog. Especially now SYP have allowed us to utilise all of it again. BLUT could and hopefully will be a huge addition in generating a raucous intimidating atmosphere.

Used to sit up there mid 90s-ish to about 2000.

Great view and decent atmosphere in those days considering the crowd sizes and circumstances.

Would take a lot to move from my current spot in the South Stan for a few reasons, but if we could recreate the old West Terrace or G and H block then I'd be interested.

Be good if the club changed its young person policy to everyone u21, even the u21s in full time employment won't be earning megs bucks and will help encourage more of the lads who help boost the atmosphere.I remember when I was about 14 and they opened the JS/Kop corner a season ticket was summit daft like £45 we bought our first season ticket on our own and a rest laugh. do something similar with the BL Upper?

Young adults (U22) do get cheaper tickets. Think home games as cheap as a tenner a ticket in some stands and under £200 for a ST. Lot of clubs don't do student/young adult tickets at all so I don't think it's too bad.

If it wasn't you could just move back to the Kop, because it would be on a game by game basis, rather than a season ticket commitment (although maybe the club could offer an option to commit). Season tickets are only available in the upper corner.

The 'possibly' option in my mind mainly covers factors like price and convenience.
Then it's a definite "No" from me. I've already renewed to sit on the Kop, I'm not buying two tickets. Not until I get cloned anyway.

Plus the option of a "No" vote would give a reasonable indication of the ratio of those who would move, those who might, and those who wouldn't.

Where's the NO option? Anyway I've got a song to sing...

OHHHHHH JACK O'CONNEL'S MAGIC
HE WEARS A MAGIC HAT
AND IF YOU THROW A BRICK AT HIM HE'll HEAD IT FECKING BACK
HE HEADS IT TO THE LEFT
HE HEADS IT TO THE RIGHT
AND WHEN WE WIN PROMOTION
WE'LL SING THIS SONG ALL NIGHT!

Simple. No polls required. Anybody who wants to see change in the BLUT just get together, get in there yourselves and make it happen. Some people don't too feel easy with singing unless they're pissed especially if they're not regulars or with kids so you can me the difference. Meanwhile I'll do my bit from the Westfield (where I've got my shiny new season ticket) and maybe the two areas will merge into a cacophony of sound.

UP DEM CHAMPIONS!

Things have been tried before, singing sections etc. a few favourable voices on forums aren't representative of the fan base as a whole and the perceived demand is skewed.

The singing section failed because there weren't enough interested, not because of "kids" or any other reason.

After years of supporting us for years and years I'm of the opinion that Blades fans in general like independent thought, not to be told how they should support the club by a minority who want to be fashionable rather than different. Which is how we've always seen ourselves.

Things have been tried before, singing sections etc. a few favourable voices on forums aren't representative of the fan base as a whole and the perceived demand is skewed.

The singing section failed because there weren't enough interested, not because of "kids" or any other reason.

After years of supporting us for years and years I'm of the opinion that Blades fans in general like independent thought, not to be told how they should support the club by a minority who want to be fashionable rather than different. Which is how we've always seen ourselves.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

Then it's a definite "No" from me. I've already renewed to sit on the Kop, I'm not buying two tickets. Not until I get cloned anyway.

Plus the option of a "No" vote would give a reasonable indication of the ratio of those who would move, those who might, and those who wouldn't.

You wouldn't have to buy two tickets - just move your ST for the game and pay any price difference if it applied. Maybe £2.

It doesn't matter how many would vote 'No' - that wouldn't stop the 'Yes' voters from going in the upper tier.

Maybe our fans are generally a certain way, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't try things that could improve the atmosphere. And I don't think it's anything to do with being fashionable, just a case of trying to improve support for your team.

I know it's very easy to click 'Yes' to this on the internet, but you'd have to think that any total number could be multiplied by at least 2 - then it would just be a case of getting enough publicity and hoping a good percentage follow through with it and are true to their word. Then if it was a success it will take care of itself.

You wouldn't have to buy two tickets - just move your ST for the game and pay any price difference if it applied. Maybe £2.

It doesn't matter how many would vote 'No' - that wouldn't stop the 'Yes' voters from going in the upper tier.

Maybe our fans are generally a certain way, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't try things that could improve the atmosphere. And I don't think it's anything to do with being fashionable, just a case of trying to improve support for your team.

I know it's very easy to click 'Yes' to this on the internet, but you'd have to think that any total number could be multiplied by at least 2 - then it would just be a case of getting enough publicity and hoping a good percentage follow through with it and are true to their word. Then if it was a success it will take care of itself.

I understand why there was no "no" option because as you said you were looking for interest rather than a yes/no debate, but I'm basing my comments on years of following - that's simply because I'm older, not a bigger blade - and it doesn't sit well with me, and while I accept the future of the support lies with the younger element I'd hope the traditional outlook continues. The other downside for me is that there's constant criticism of the atmosphere generated by the Kop and moving x number of fans across to BLUT could well dilute it further.

Old farts view maybe but that's how I feel.

I'm just about old enough to recall a time when having home fans on the BLUT was a permanent thing. They were very much spectators rather than the singing type.

The club did actually accomodate a singing section after some fans demanded it. It was on the A Block of the Kop. Unfortunately once they had it, they did fuck all in terms of actual singing and showed little interest in getting any atmosphere going. It was a pathetic showing and only goes to show that Unitedites aren't particularly serious about anything despite their all-fart-and-no-shit bluster.

If a sizeable number of serious-minded folk did show an interest in improving the atmosphere in the ground then I'd be on board in a shot. But nothing is currently forthcoming.

No. Really wouldn't want to be that near the away fans. Listening to the pigs and Forest in close proximity, no thanks. I appreciate the sentiment though. If the amount of singing on the kop increased, I think our atmosphere would be sorted anyway.

Back
Top Bottom