Mascot costs

Discussion in 'General Blades Chat' started by bigbirdblade, Jan 1, 2019.

to hide all adverts

1. HodgysBrokenThumb

HodgysBrokenThumb Well-Known Member

Have a great day. I loved it (4 years ago; well, someone had to accompany grandson...)

HeCanDoMagic likes this.

Advertisement:

to hide all adverts.
  2. blackydog

blackydog Active Member

Mate, make sure you get well wrapped up, you will be stood around for a while in the South stand from about 1:15 onwards.
    My lad was mascot against Forest last season, I was bloody freezing.

I should coco and HeCanDoMagic like this.
  3. Danny04

Danny04 Views my own.

Why don’t the club pay the kids as well for their time?

YES Blade likes this.
  4. KoppedOff

KoppedOff Member

Because wages...

8lade, Danny04 and Valleyblade like this.
  5. madeinsheffield

madeinsheffield Active Member

I think they get a load of autographs, I'd expect it wouldn't be a problem getting the gloves signed, shirt possibly not. Ask the girl (her name escapes me) she was great with the kids

6. Danny04

Danny04 Views my own.

Courteney. I’d be absolutely amazed if HeCanDoMagicHeCanDoMagic ‘s lad doesn’t get his shirt signed too

7. YES Blade

YES Blade Well-Known Member

I don’t think £250 is a massive amount of money for a birthday present especially if families all chip in.

Yes, they could get sponsors and make it free, but when the club are selling out every match, why make it free? Why not get the mascot money and sponsorship money? We aren’t Man City, we need to bring in money any way we can.

8. HeCanDoMagic

HeCanDoMagic Well-Known Member

Just to add to what others said before my lad was a mascot on Saturday - he had the day of his life, the club looked after him and all the mascots brilliantly. Smile hasn't left his face since.

The players were great with him, especially Sharp who made them all feel welcome on the trip into the dressing rooms.

I received the photos yesterday from the official photographer and they are amazing, over and above what I expected. Memories to last a lifetime, and I wont lie - when I saw him walking out of that tunnel with the players my senses were well and truly filled up.

The club told us at the start of the day that autographs were not permitted so didn't get chance for anything to be signed (though I have since sorted the gloves to be signed), however they did give each mascot a signed ball which they were obviously over the moon with.

If anyone is ever considering it, and £250/£300 is a lot of money (the family chipped in for his birthday to help us), then I would urge you to do so - you wont be disappointed.

9. madeinsheffield

madeinsheffield Active Member

Glad he, and you enjoyed it. United have really got this right and have done for a long time. It is a lot of money but for what you get I think it's worth every penny.

The feeling you get when they walk out really is something else isn't it

HeCanDoMagic likes this.
  10. HeCanDoMagic

HeCanDoMagic Well-Known Member

And then some!