Incoming? Liam Shaw

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ainsley Harriott

I saw this thing on itv the other week
Reaction score
Apparently we're looking at Liam Shaw from that lot. I don't know owt about him personally but suggestion is he's being looked at to eventually follow on for Basham.

Just passing on what I heard that's all.

He looks a serious player. His assist the other night was superb. If we could nick him off Wednesday, given how highly they rate him and how keen they are to tie him down, that'd be some steal.

Unless my mind is playing tricks I seem to think most players who have come to us direct from that side of the city have been more than useful for us

Agreed, off the top of my head only Owen Morrison was rubbish.

Apparently we're looking at Liam Shaw from that lot. I don't know owt about him personally but suggestion is he's being looked at to eventually follow on for Basham.

Just passing on what I heard that's all.
I heard this yesterday too. Filed it in the "not gonna happen" folder.

Piss myself if it does cos they've all been wetting themselves as to how good he is

Did David Ford do much?
I did see him Archers one Saturday morning taking away 3 or 4 pairs of boots on the basis, I assume, he only paid for the muddy ones.

Looks a good player from the clips I've seen of him. Them lot are raving about him.

Must say, it'd be funny to do just to show them we're still the biggest show in town regardless of what's gone off this season.
D9BEBC6B-DB1F-4E6B-BF97-467630D080F0.gif

Did David Ford do much?
I did see him Archers one Saturday morning taking away 3 or 4 pairs of boots on the basis, I assume, he only paid for the muddy ones.
Ford was average when we had him in the last few months of the promotion season. Didnt play much in the 1st division but scored a looping winner against his old club Newcastle

Shaw is a pig fan from birth, been there since he was 7 and wants to sign a new deal..... can't see this happening but it would be hilarious if it did...😂😂
Yeah I gather he's a fan of theirs. As a young aspiring footballer, if he wants to make it, his loyalties might have to slacken off. Does he want to Potter about at the bottom of the champ in relegation battles every year, or push himself on to the next level? Yes we're likely to be in the same division next season, but that doesn't tell the story.

As I said, I only heard it in a text message so no idea if the rumour has any legs to it.

Saw the same rumour doing the rounds on Twitter on Sunday.

He’s out of contract in the summer.

Saw the same rumour doing the rounds on Twitter on Sunday.

He’s out of contract in the summer.
He wants a new deal from the little headline on the Google feed. But we can offer him more than they can. Whether we are really in for him is obviously another matter. I don't know anything about him though

We could probably double his wages comfortably for a couple of years at least. Fan or not that’s a difficult move to turn down given the current standings and relative direction of them lot, especially if he’s actually not being paid at all most months...

I suspect he and his agent are just using the proported interest to help negotiate a better contract. Don't be surprised if/when he extends with the Massive

He wants a new deal from the little headline on the Google feed. But we can offer him more than they can. Whether we are really in for him is obviously another matter. I don't know anything about him though
It was a surprise to see us in for him to be honest, as I thought we'd have no chance. But, you're right, we can offer a lot more money in wages (and guarantee he'll actually be paid). The club also has a track record of nurturing young players, for them to go on to bigger and brighter things - the same can't be said at S6.

Looks a good player from the clips I've seen of him. Them lot are raving about him.

Must say, it'd be funny to do just to show them we're still the biggest show in town regardless of what's gone off this season.
Can we get him for free?

Be good to tear away a player and give them no funds to help them out of their financial issues 😎

Can we get him for free?

Be good to tear away a player and give them no funds to help them out of their financial issues 😎
Be compo at least given he's spent X amount of years in their development teams and under the age of 23.

Firstly, now and again Wednesday produce a young player that they rave about. Then in all cases over the last 20 years, they go onto be league one/two players or they release them/sell them for a couple of hundred grand and they go onto be solid but unspectacualar players, some of which we got the best years out of! The only possible exception is Palmer, in that he has gone onto play regularly for them, but he's nowhere near as good as Baldock or Bogle and shows Wednesday's lack of quality if anything. If, for once, the lad Shaw goes onto do well, then he'll be sold to a bigger club/higher club. Any really good player will leave for the PL as we know well. As I said, Wednesday haven't produced a player who's been good enough to go the Prem directly from them to the Prem. Shaw might be the first for a while, but you have to bare in mind that they thought Barry Bannan was the Scottish Pirlo and I've heard the odd Wednesday fan say that Dominic Ifora should be called up for England, or is a future England international! I think that gives the context of any Wednesday player summaries.

He'll never join us though, and I don't think it ever works out well when a player is known to be a die in the wool fan of the other side - Terry Curran springs to mind. - I know he was a particular thorn in our side also which didn't help. Before anyone quotes Harry Maguire, he did at least come through our youth system.

Firstly, now and again Wednesday produce a young player that they rave about. Then in all cases over the last 20 years, they go onto be league one/two players or they release them/sell them for a couple of hundred grand and they go onto be solid but unspectacualar players, some of which we got the best years out of! The only possible exception is Palmer, in that he has gone onto play regularly for them, but he's nowhere near as good as Baldock or Bogle and shows Wednesday's lack of quality if anything. If, for once, the lad Shaw goes onto do well, then he'll be sold to a bigger club/higher club. Any really good player will leave for the PL as we know well. As I said, Wednesday haven't produced a player who's been good enough to go the Prem directly from them to the Prem. Shaw might be the first for a while, but you have to bare in mind that they thought Barry Bannan was the Scottish Pirlo and I've heard the odd Wednesday fan say that Dominic Ifora should be called up for England, or is a future England international! I think that gives the context of any Wednesday player summaries.

He'll never join us though, and I don't think it ever works out well when a player is known to be a die in the wool fan of the other side - Terry Curran springs to mind. - I know he was a particular thorn in our side also which didn't help. Before anyone quotes Harry Maguire, he did at least come through our youth system.

"...Before anyone quotes Harry Maguire, he did at least come through our youth system...."

Thought Maguire had gone on record saying he was never a pig fan, to put the rumours to bed?

Back
Top Bottom