CONFIRMED John Egan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

From Alan Nixon. Think he's wrong here. We won't be signing any CBs in January.

From Alan Nixon. Think he's wrong here. We won't be signing any CBs in January.

Seems unlikely - it's the one position were doing ok numbers wise atm.

Only things I can think if this is true is :

- Stearman's injury is worse than initially feared
- We are still keen and it looks like he is available so we are adding while he looks attainable?

Can't see it especially now they've slapped a £2m price tag on him

Would be good to sign a couple more to completely fill in the Blades Defenders XI

Heneghan
Baldock Stearman Wright JOC Stevens
Freeman Basham Carter-Vickers Lafferty
???

This link may have more credibility if Egan was left footed, in order to provide cover/competition for JOC but as he's not, I find it hard to believe this will happen unless (a) Stearman will be out long term (b) CCV will return to Spurs in Jan (c) CW doesn't fancy one of the current CBs in the Champ or (d) there'll be a sizeable transfer kitty to spend in Jan.

Egan was strongly linked before the transfer deadline but given that CCV and Henegan came in, I can't believe that recruiting another CB will take priority over additional & better strikers, additional cover in central midfield and pace down the wings.

Don't know, his tan has come on abit!
And seems taller, looks better without the beard too.

Screenshot 2018-07-18 at 16.06.34.png

latest

Surprising in a way. Less surprising given that they've not sold Mepham, the other CB.

Wonder what the fee is? I'd guess £2.5m.

Mr Nixon says it’s a good amount and it will be online later.

Hopefully he’ll be right this time because if so, I for one would feel much more confident if we were to announce this one, as long as we are also going to bring in a forward for a decent fee.

Only time will tell.

Cracking signing.

Didn’t Nixon say it wasn’t far off 4? Bit steep I’d imagine.

I’d rather the money was spent on a striker but we are a bit thin on the ground when it comes to defenders so it’s a good signing

View attachment 41730

latest

Surprising in a way. Less surprising given that they've not sold Mepham, the other CB.

Wonder what the fee is? I'd guess £2.5m.

Yeah but is this Nixon just spewing out another old transfer rumour? Rods Ready did identify him as one of the two main targets maybe this is the one down. We'll see.

Hmmm, I know Wilder was bemoaning our defending at times last season, but if this is the one that's near 4m I'm shocked.

JO'C, Stearman, Basham, Wright, Leonard..... Yes we need improvements, but unless he's planning on shoving Bash back into midfield, I don't see how it fits (and he's not the attacking type).

Does it mean someone out?

Nixon's now saying he is the one he was referring to earlier in the week, for the near club record fee.

I thought he indicated it was a striker, and I certainly don't see what's 'interesting' about it. He's said himself he's a long term target. It's predictable.

If it's anything over £3m I'll be surprised. That would seem excessive.

But if we're willing to spend that on a CB, fingers crossed that means the overall budget is decent.

I think this would be a reallly good signing.

Right age, solid experience at this level and you’d imagine one that directly improves the first team. Would be quite pleased with this one if it came off.

Interesting question on what it means for the budget if we are paying 3m plus. suspect it’s easier to permanently bring in a defender that an attacker that goes for a premium and huge wages. Think we’ll prob only make a couple of permanent ones and rely on loans. I’ve no issue with that if they are promising players.

Hmmm, I know Wilder was bemoaning our defending at times last season, but if this is the one that's near 4m I'm shocked.

JO'C, Stearman, Basham, Wright, Leonard..... Yes we need improvements, but unless he's planning on shoving Bash back into midfield, I don't see how it fits (and he's not the attacking type).

Does it mean someone out?

Not necessarily. I’m not a Bash Basher, but he is a player we can improve on. JO’C, Stearman and Egan as the back 3, Bash as backup and Leonard preferred as a CM.

Good player. I was under the impression that we only had £4 million to spend. It would suprise me if we've spunked it all on a defender. Is Egan left-footed?

Buzzing with this signing. He's like a right footed Jack O'Connell, good on the ball for a CB and is quite quick. Wonder if he will take Stearman's spot in the middle or be strong competition for Basham. Assume he will be signed to be a definite starter with how much it looks like we are paying for him.

Nixon's now saying he is the one he was referring to earlier in the week, for the near club record fee.

I thought he indicated it was a striker, and I certainly don't see what's 'interesting' about it. He's said himself he's a long term target. It's predictable.

If it's anything over £3m I'll be surprised. That would seem excessive.

But if we're willing to spend that on a CB, fingers crossed that means the overall budget is decent.
John Egan was one of the best defenders in this league last season, he's at a good age and I'm sure he's the captain, so around £4M for him is bang on.

Back
Top Bottom