Ivan toney

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I would have Dembele, not much experience but pace, skill and a great football brain
Admittedly only seen him on u tube but if wilder fancies him as one to develop he is definitely the “type” that we need.

We should Also be looking to poach Peterborough chief scout
Or analyst, I’m sure he’d jump at the chance.

Would think Toney has been sold, but to who?

Its certainly dragging on this Toney saga, I just don't think it'll be us if we're after Burke and likely to play him up top according to Nathan Hemmingham from Yorks Post. Maybe this will see the Toney move speed up, to whoever that will be.

As for Clarke-Harris, another centre player leaves Bristol Rovers having scored 20 plus goals and he never scored that many before. I don't think there's a club in the lower leagues that's had so many goal scorers, sold them on and most got 20 plus in one season or more before leaving. Off the top of my head, Rickie Lambert, Matty Taylor, Ellis Harrison, Barry Halyes, Jamie Cureton, Nathan Ellington, Marcus Stewart and Jason Roberts.

That's not including Bill Boden and ex-blades Will Hoskins and Gareth Taylor - loved Taylor during his time with us.

He rejected Brentford hoping a Prem offer came in, there wasnt one so has settled for Brentford, bet they are chuffed

It’s just said on the Talksport news.
A deal has been agreed by all parties and he’s about to sign for Brentford....made it sound like it’s a done deal.

perfect Brentford player. Needs a season in the Champ.

£10m for a league one player is bonkers. First season he’s really scored a hatful of goals, and at 24 he’s not exactly a kid.

And this is the first time Brentford have ended up paying a big fee.
This could be the player that breaks them. Wages will be high, fee high...yes Watkins will go to balance the books again but if Toney is a success and they fail to go up again then they are left hoping whatever they sell him for will balance the books again.

I’m interested to see if the actual creative players leave, they have been the ones making the difference rather than Watkins.

This could be the player that breaks them. Wages will be high, fee high...yes Watkins will go to balance the books again but if Toney is a success and they fail to go up again then they are left hoping whatever they sell him for will balance the books again.

I’m interested to see if the actual creative players leave, they have been the ones making the difference rather than Watkins.
They're after a lad in the bundesliga as well for 5 million to replace benrahama

no denying that Brentford has a fantastic recruitment system.
So we should have bought this one, and saved the ‘is he worth £25m’ debate next season.......

Attachments

• 4BFB6AFB-1FAA-445E-B952-2B2A4C35C701.jpeg
    4BFB6AFB-1FAA-445E-B952-2B2A4C35C701.jpeg
    575.9 KB · Views: 68

How on earth does it break them. 5m player in, 25m out.

Nah, they've spent papes before. They spent around £6m on Mbuemo and he's already worth at least double that. Jannson no doubt cost a pretty penny too. For all the talk of them buying cheap and selling for high, their first 11 I think cost a good 30m (although our resident Bees may correct me).

They genuinely have a very good business model and scouting system.

Guessing we were never in for Toney anyway, but it'll be interesting to see how he does for them.

I’m guessing Wilder didn’t fancy him having worked with him before.

Back
Top Bottom