I no longer have an ounce of sympathy for referees

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Doesn't that mean that Sheffield United have been given more incorrect decisions in their favour by the on-field officials? Sorry to go against the grain, but that doesn't seem like anti-SUFC bias to me..
Generally speaking the onfield officials dont give any decisions they usually stand in the middle of the pitch pointing to their ear. The stats don't say whether the referee has given the goal in real time or not

Doesn't that mean that Sheffield United have been given more incorrect decisions in their favour by the on-field officials? Sorry to go against the grain, but that doesn't seem like anti-SUFC bias to me..

Although you're quite correct, unfortunately it doesn't fit the narrative trying to be put forward.

Tierney, who is supposedly biased towards Arsenal, gave Sheffield United a goal that should not have stood.

That's the only way we would have got a penalty as VAR would have had no choice but to overturn that. However, I'm not convinced the ref would even have seen it as a foul at the other end and VAR wouldnt have got involved to overturn that.
We wouldn't have got a penalty because none of our strikers would throw themselves on the floor as soon as they felt their foot being tickled.

We wouldn't have got a penalty because none of our strikers would throw themselves on the floor as soon as they felt their foot being tickled.

McBurnoe had a shout that was just as soft not long after but we were never going to get it in a million years

It was a really poor performance from the referee today. So eager with the whistle, you'd think it was a non-contact sport.

On balance, do people think we gain more or less from being as honest as we are in our play & treatment of referees?

Being 'too nice' is a thing after getting promotion. If your opponents are getting away with stuff, you have to take advantage the same way.

There's also naivety today though where Sheffield United were giving the same 'fouls' away again and again.

I've been praying that officials stamp down on simulation and honesty is rewarded but given that grealish is the most fouled player in the league with zaha second it appears that as much as I detest it, cheating is the only way to compete, also a lot of our bookings have come about through frustration, particularly fleck

Although you're quite correct, unfortunately it doesn't fit the narrative trying to be put forward.

Tierney, who is supposedly biased towards Arsenal, gave Sheffield United a goal that should not have stood.
Tierney didn't give the goal, offside is the linesman's call. They have been told to flag only if they are sure so VAR can make tight calls.

Tierney didn't give the goal, offside is the linesman's call. They have been told to flag only if they are sure so VAR can make tight calls.

You're missing the point.

He was completely corrupt and biased, no reason for him not to rule it out straight away.

I can’t believe I’m typing this but Mike Dean is by far and away the best referee in this country.
Absolutely 100% this, and that’s down down to him being of a previous generation that didn’t rise up under the pathetic PGMOL. You can add Atkinson to him. The younger group are nothing but incompetent, corrupt, soft as shit wankers.

Instead of hoping one day shit turns in our favour regarding officiating lets become the bad guys they want us to be and take it out of there hands by increasing confidence we play with and playing the prem at its own game.

Diving is really killing the game as a spectacle, if the authorities don’t do something about it in the next few years, I can see footballs popularity starting to dwindle away, along with the money, perhaps then they will take action.

I accept that the pathway to being a Premier League referee means, none of them have played adult football to any standard, but in terms of naivety, Tierney took things to a new level today.

I’d suggest, that as the FA And Premier League have all this technology available they start to take some retrospective disciplinary action against the offenders who Slowly but surely, are killing the Golden Goose.

As an example Lacazette, goes down for the penalty, whether Basham actually made contact is debatable, but if he did it was minimal and to the back of his ankle or calf. But he rolled about holding his left shin, blatantly cheating right there on camera for everyone to see? But the officials don’t take action and the commentators or ‘expert’ summarisers apparently fail to notice, WTF ???

Jobs fucked, I tell thee ☹

even Rio & RVP very hesitantly called it a penalty. saying after alot of umming & arring its the rules. in the same way if your toe offside its offside. as i said main thread he was contradicting himself during the game & 1st half its definete penalty 2nd half hes moaning "its really disappointing how players throw themselves to the floor. with very little contact"

Absolutely 100% this, and that’s down down to him being of a previous generation that didn’t rise up under the pathetic PGMOL. You can add Atkinson to him. The younger group are nothing but incompetent, corrupt, soft as shit wankers.
Pawson’s ok too but somehow I don’t think we’ll get him...

Generally speaking the onfield officials dont give any decisions they usually stand in the middle of the pitch pointing to their ear. The stats don't say whether the referee has given the goal in real time or not
If the goal wasn’t given in real time how would it be overturned by VAR?

Ref was shite absolutely bought everything the one when Fleck won the header between two Arsenal players at the end was laughable but the penalty it was a penalty 100% and yes we would have got it as I don’t believe they are bent - maybe incompetent
I don't believe he is bent either. Incompetent definitely, but that pen..... yes technically it was a pen. But my point is psychologically the ref wouldnt be looking to give that if its us. And if the ref hadn't have given it, I reckon var would have aired on the side of caution and not given it either. Then when discussed by the "expert" pundits (yeah right!) they'd have talked it off as being one of those 50/50 ones that could have be given either way.

It's an actual fucking joke, the bias in every game is so fucking blatant from commentary right through to the refs at VAR.

They harp on about the top teams, the refs give them 90% of decisions and completely fucking ignore the blatant cheating. Its fucking hilarious how these cunts will go on about wanting a fair game when they don't get the decisions, but continue to allow their own teams to cheat their way through a fucking game as it benefits themselves.

It really is no wonder that we have a society full of people who lie, cheat and basically just do what ever the fuck they want without a care for how it impacts others when everyone is so fucking selfish and gamesmanship and integrity are near non existing.
And if the refs fail in some way to fuck us over they have Hawkeye and VAR to fall back on to make sure of it

I also note that the incident where the Arsenal goalkeeper pushed McBurnie in the chest with both hands, off the ball.....in the area....strangely enough nothing was given. Isn't that a penalty and a sending off for violent conduct under the rules of the game... However McBurnie didn't fall on the floor like a cheap slag on a date.

Does anyone, really, think that football is what it was? The spirit of the game has been trampled on and exhausted. Never mind, those viewers from afar can spend up on half and half scarfs.

I also note that the incident where the Arsenal goalkeeper pushed McBurnie in the chest with both hands, off the ball.....in the area....strangely enough nothing was given. Isn't that a penalty and a sending off for violent conduct under the rules of the game... However McBurnie didn't fall on the floor like a cheap slag on a date.
Or when McB & their player clashed heads.Clear trip on him seconds before...what happens?
Drop ball.

Mcburnie was also clearly pushed in the back in the area but didn't appeal. The only reason arsenal got the pen was the theatrical dive by lacazette made it look as if bash had gone straight through the back of him rather than a small brush of his non standing foot. There is absolutely no way that minimal contact like that can cause someone to plunge face first to the turf. If there was a hard enough contact to loose balance, he would have fallen backwards. Lacazette is a cheating cunt pure and simple. I hope someone snaps the cunt in two.

Before the game today I said, “there’s no way we’re going to be allowed to win this.” And I was roundly told off for being a negative conspiracy theorist.

Harumpf.

I just feel a profound sense of disappointment.

Before the game today I said, “there’s no way we’re going to be allowed to win this.” And I was roundly told off for being a negative conspiracy theorist.

Harumpf.

I just feel a profound sense of disappointment.

Did you put money on it? May as well have made a few quid on it.

Or when McB & their player clashed heads.Clear trip on him seconds before...what happens?
Drop ball.

Not a ‘Drop ball” a ‘Gift ball’ to Arsenal, so we went from attacking on the edge of their box, to accidental collision, to back with Dean Henderson, In the space of ten seconds??

Yeah, cheers Ref 🤦🏻

Back
Top Bottom