I no longer have an ounce of sympathy for referees

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He was a twat but we can’t blame him for losing today. Defensive naivety x2 was the reason we lost.

He was a twat but we can’t blame him for losing today. Defensive naivety x2 was the reason we lost.

See the very first line on the post. We’ve missed some guilt edged chances and switched off a bit when it really mattered. That’s the real difference, and as bad as Arsenal have been, they still have undoubted quality.

I am 99.9% certain though that if fans were allowed in we’d have won that game today.

See the very first line on the post. We’ve missed some guilt edged chances and switched off a bit when it really mattered. That’s the real difference, and as bad as Arsenal have been, they still have undoubted quality.

I am 99.9% certain though that if fans were allowed in we’d have won that game today.

I agree. I said on the live chat that it would be a lot better if 30k Blades were slavering at him. Sinclair needs to get on it next game with piped in chants of “the ref is an absolute shitwasp” (not sure of the tune).

Doesn't that mean that Sheffield United have been given more incorrect decisions in their favour by the on-field officials? Sorry to go against the grain, but that doesn't seem like anti-SUFC bias to me..

I've always thought the bigger clubs get more decisions going back years but apart from Villa I don't think we can argue too much with VAR this season.

Unlucky in that we've had goals that would have stood last season but strictly speaking correct this to the letter of the law.

I'm no fan of Tierney and thought he made some of ones today but they certainly weren't all one way.

I’ve no beef with them, but there’s the meat of it

It's rare that a referee needs grilling as much as Tierney did today. The pgmol need to say tartare to some of these refs that don't make the cut and fillet with some decent quality.

Just watched the end of the Palace Burnley game, 4 minutes injury time, during which Burnley took 75 seconds stood with the ball pretending they were going to take a couple of throw ins, and the referee blew at 94:04.

We need to have a stopped clock system, these referees are fuckwits.

Problem with the refs and VAR is that they've got their mates sat in the office at Stockley Park, basically marking their homework for them rather than having someone impartial or with any footballing knowledge looking over any decisions.

As for the time thing, there's no good reason at all why there can't be someone stopping the clock for an injury, sub or timewasting or water break rather than the ref sticking his finger in the air and plucking a number out. Every game finishes at 90, ref blows up next time the ball goes out of play, simple.

Before it’s mentioned, the ref hasn’t directly cost us the game today and that’s not the point of the post.

For the first time, we’ve seen how referees manage games without any pressure from the crowd. The truth is, the majority of them lack any kind of bollocks whatsoever.

Arsenal were a disgrace today and Paul Tierney fell for it every single time. Soft fouls and time wasting were theme and not once did that twat in the middle do a single thing about any of it.

Refereeing can be a difficult job, especially when they have a crowd questioning every decision, however what the referee was doing today was getting very simple decisions very wrong. People say they don’t affect the games, but they do. You can’t tell me teams like Arsenal don’t know what they are doing, diving for everything and attempting to break up play. When you get a bottleless twat like Paul Tierney who falls for it every single time, it completely nullifies any threat we have.

These behind closed doors games just show how bad some of the officiating in football really is. It just goes to the show that it actually takes the crowd to help the referee do their fucking job.

While ever bellends like Dermot Gallagher keep backing up their incompetent officials, nothing will ever change and the top 6 will continue to be massaged into cup semi finals and European places.

The TV spotted that t**t Cabbollocks all over Olly McB, so why couldn't the ref or Linesman and issue yellow cards.
Then he wouldn't have been on to score their winner.
No justice for us since lockdown. And that Hawkeye affair?????.
Referring a difficult job? I Don't Believe It!!

One way that refereeing standards could improve (from currently being piss poor) is if the refs have to justify some of their decisions either to the clubs or their superiors at the end of the match.
Something like “ can you explain why you gave a free kick for the tackle on xxx in the first half and then played on in the second half when a similar tackle on yyy was made ? “
Just plain, simple questions not trying to trip the ref up but just trying to ascertain why 2 identical instances in a match have 2 separate refereeing decisions ...... Just some honesty would be a start !!

One way that refereeing standards could improve (from currently being piss poor) is if the refs have to justify some of their decisions either to the clubs or their superiors at the end of the match.
Something like “ can you explain why you gave a free kick for the tackle on xxx in the first half and then played on in the second half when a similar tackle on yyy was made ? “
Just plain, simple questions not trying to trip the ref up but just trying to ascertain why 2 identical instances in a match have 2 separate refereeing decisions ...... Just some honesty would be a start !!

They need to accountable. They should have a license like F1 drivers, if a manager reports them, a panel of former footballers and referees decides how many, if any points they get. 6 points and you're busted down the league's for a month, 12 points and you're ineligible for any prestige games for 2 seasons and have your Premier League allocation halved.

Linos and Ref missing the keeper and ball in the net, 3 points each.

Falling for diving, 2 points.

Not adding the correct amount of injury time to withing 30 seconds, 2 points.

Etc

Before it’s mentioned, the ref hasn’t directly cost us the game today and that’s not the point of the post.

For the first time, we’ve seen how referees manage games without any pressure from the crowd. The truth is, the majority of them lack any kind of bollocks whatsoever.

Arsenal were a disgrace today and Paul Tierney fell for it every single time. Soft fouls and time wasting were theme and not once did that twat in the middle do a single thing about any of it.

Refereeing can be a difficult job, especially when they have a crowd questioning every decision, however what the referee was doing today was getting very simple decisions very wrong. People say they don’t affect the games, but they do. You can’t tell me teams like Arsenal don’t know what they are doing, diving for everything and attempting to break up play. When you get a bottleless twat like Paul Tierney who falls for it every single time, it completely nullifies any threat we have.

These behind closed doors games just show how bad some of the officiating in football really is. It just goes to the show that it actually takes the crowd to help the referee do their fucking job.

While ever bellends like Dermot Gallagher keep backing up their incompetent officials, nothing will ever change and the top 6 will continue to be massaged into cup semi finals and European places.
The ref in the Villa match is a spineless cunt for not insisting on VAR for the goal that never was.

Weve seen again today the bias. No way in hell do we get awarded that penalty decision. I honestly feel that psychologically they look for reasons to give the big club penalties and fouls, and reasons to not give them to teams like us. And no it's not us moaning - just look at the stats for the whole season. The bias is obvious.
Ja ja ze referee is honestly great ja ja.
A German with bulging eyes and horse teeth dentures appreciates the assistance of great Premiership referees.

How is it that the manure goal last night can be allowed after (only seen on TV once) the ball went out of play, and the fact no one talks about it yet we have a goal ruled out for John Lundstram's toe nail? how can the one last night not be discussed as a major error..... sorry its manure and its allowed !

JOKE !!!

Back
Top Bottom