Match Thread Brighton & Hove Albion v. Sheffield United - 21st Dec 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BRI
BRI
BRI

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1576575707590.png v. 1576575717804.png
EPL Week 18 - Saturday 21st December 2019 - AMEX Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/brighton-hove-albion-vs-sheffield-united.482/

Officials:

Referee:
Robert Jones
Assistant Referee: Stuart Burt
Assistant Referee: Simon Bennett
Fourth Official: Keith Stroud
Video Assistant Referee: Michael Oliver
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Neil Davies

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-12-19 at 15.26.54.png

Away Fans Guide:

Last edited:

We need Mousset to get back on track for this match, looks like his form has dropped off a little in the past 2 games, we will be hitting them on the break and as much as i love didzy we cannot rely on him to score, there is goals in midfield, but again, we cannot rely on them to provide

Will Potter be wishing he had signed McBurnie,or will Chris be wishing he had signed Maupay..........that is the question.

My mate is from Eastbourne, and predominantly that was his team, Eastbourne Borough I think. But Brighton are his mainstream team, and bizarrely this is our first meeting in 13 years. We go up, when they go down. Vice versa. Or they go up when we go up. We've often been playing at similar levels, usually them being a division below at least but last few years....

But anyway....

Any team news? ;)

Fleck off, I mean out...

Besic a shoe in?

Freeman or would that imbalance it?

Otherwise we defo unchanged?

This is a game I so do NOT want us to fail in. But they've beaten some decent sides on their own patch. Unfortunately for them, we will turn up. I see a draw at worst. But this would probably be the best 3 points, so far this season in terms of it matters....

2-1 victory for us. BESIC first goal

Travel safe Bladesmen (and women and children). Be loud, be proud and bring them points back.

I'm both envious about making that trip to the coast for my team, and not if it becomes a long journey home. Irrelevant anyway as I'm in Bulgaria, But I'll be back

UTB

My mate is from Eastbourne, and predominantly that was his team, Eastbourne Borough I think. But Brighton are his mainstream team, and bizarrely this is our first meeting in 13 years. We go up, when they go down. Vice versa. Or they go up when we go up. We've often been playing at similar levels, usually them being a division below at least but last few years....

But anyway....

Any team news? ;)

Fleck off, I mean out...

Besic a shoe in?

Freeman or would that imbalance it?

Otherwise we defo unchanged?

This is a game I so do NOT want us to fail in. But they've beaten some decent sides on their own patch. Unfortunately for them, we will turn up. I see a draw at worst. But this would probably be the best 3 points, so far this season in terms of it matters....

2-1 victory for us. BESIC first goal

Travel safe Bladesmen (and women and children). Be loud, be proud and bring them points back.

I'm both envious about making that trip to the coast for my team, and not if it becomes a long journey home. Irrelevant anyway as I'm in Bulgaria, But I'll be back

UTB

☃ ☃

Mcburnie will be fully aware of all the chatter about him and more pay and wilder seems really onside with him. Hopefully this will motivate him to put in his best performance to date, and they have been getting better. Unlike a few games recently we need to be right at it from the start. Get a point and whatever the future holds we have bragging rights as longest undefeated away run of any promoted side which is even more impressive in 2019 given how the champ step up and super team domination in the prem has developed over last 30 years. That would be just brilliant and would be so satisfying to stuff down the cake hole of all the entitled fans, prem blind pundits, and not forgetting the s6 deludamos. 2-2 COYRAWW ⚔⚔⚔

Brighton have big defenders and are dangerous at set-pieces so I think McBurnie for his defensive contribution and he will play with Moose alongside him for the pace, in fact they are my first choice front partnership in due course. Could be Robinson if Wilder needs to give Moose a rest. A choice of either of those two would be kinder to McBurnie than McGoldrick but Didzy would link attacks from deeper. It's a toss up which will be best and depends whether we think we'll be on the back foot first half.

I sense it will be Besic for Fleck because Propper and Gross are their main move builders and come through the middle a lot.

We'll miss Fleck and Freeman would provide his attacking role but would he do the dirty stuff as well? I think he would and he looks strong in the tackle to me, much sturdier than I expected. Match fitness and confidence are the issues with Freeman through little fault of his own. And then there's Osborne who is a more mobile but lighter-weight Besic and deserves a chance by now surely.

4 games in quick succession and an opportunity to rest some and give game time to others.

Finally I have this feeling that Wilder will go off-piste with the formation to completely throw the supposed master tactician Potter. With them going narrow a lot he might just play 3-4-1-2 with Freeman in 'Duffy's' role. I'd love to see that. Baldock's on 4 cards and just might be rested. Just a hunch and as I type it seems unlikely!!

I think we'll win unless they have one of those days. We have the stronger squad and a good bench come what may.

How much would the bench-warmer Duffy cost us by the way?

Rookie ref but Oliver on the screens.

Stroud on the line, danger!! What are the odds on a Wilder yellow card?

Wheres everyone going pre game, stadium looks to be out of town with no pubs close by

Meadowhall I think. Just got a few last minute things to get. Then I think I'll go to Tony's at Mosborough for some fish and chips - and then back home to watch the match on a live stream. I've never been to a Brighton home game. This could have been one that I went to. I have a ticket. But I'm just not up to driving 480 miles round trip today unfortunately.

I thought Brighton looked good going forward against palace and wolves. So this won’t be easy.
But we are fucking amazing, so I think we will win this 2-1

COYRAWW

The yellow shirt better not end the undefeated record.
Screenshot_20191221-101826.png

Meadowhall I think. Just got a few last minute things to get. Then I think I'll go to Tony's at Mosborough for some fish and chips - and then back home to watch the match on a live stream. I've never been to a Brighton home game. This could have been one that I went to. I have a ticket. But I'm just not up to driving 480 miles round trip today unfortunately.

We'll crowdfund for you to stay over. Take care Cerb.

Sniffer dogs seem to be having some success at our entrance 😳

No surprise with Freeman, slight surprise with McBurnie.

Is it the first league game Verrips has been on the bench rather than Moore?

Good team why go defensive and play besic instead of freeman , mcburnie deserves a proper run and moose looked well off it last week and needs a rest

Teams

Attachments

• D5547862-1C42-4791-A374-C2B5DAB93EB1.jpeg
    D5547862-1C42-4791-A374-C2B5DAB93EB1.jpeg
    440.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 1A993AC4-3260-4F40-A2AE-266A46A39005.jpeg
    1A993AC4-3260-4F40-A2AE-266A46A39005.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 20
An interesting match with I d say two currently most interesting British managers/coaches. The only British coaches that are talked about in international press in terms of tactical innovations... you don't see such articles about Allardyce or Dyche or Howe or Monk) but there are numerous about Wilder and Potter. In Italian, Spanish even Russian. There is a Russian site about tactics https://counterpress.ru/ and yes alongside articles about Pep and Klopp there are also about Wilder's and Potter's work.
Brighton under Potter is a team with so much emphasis on retaining possession that they are similar to Barca or Man City in this aspect. I am curious how ll the Blades cope but I am sure Wilder have a plan!

I would have thought Mouse would be ideal against the Brighton defence. Verrips has been on the bench before. He's my personal favourite for Blades self-sabotage!

Verrips on bench. Perhaps Moore is going out on loan in January?

I would have thought Mouse would be ideal against the Brighton defence. Verrips has been on the bench before. He's my personal favourite for Blades self-sabotage!

Only against Man U when Henderson was ineligible.

Verrips on bench. Perhaps Moore is going out on loan in January?

Never mind that. Quick! Let's see who can be the first one to make up a song about Verrips! (Not much rhymes with "Verrips" though does it?). I'm working on it now...

lips
hips
skips
trips
ships
dips
pips
whips
kips
sips
tips
quips
slips

damn! damn! damn! How's the rest of it go? 🤔 Wannabe first. Gottabe first!

Back
Top Bottom