Outgoing? Billy Sharp

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade58

Once a Blade, always a daft ****
Reaction score
According to Alan Nixon in the Sunday Rag, Billy's love affair with the Blades might be coming to an end and he may be tempted into a move for regular football. with Bradford willing to take him on loan

Bradford? He seems to hate their fans whenever we play them.
Seems the end of an era to be honest, it's been a rollercoaster but I will always remember him for his highest point last season!
I fully understand if he wants to play regular football though at his age.

FFS I hope not.

There's nothing to say he won't get back in our team for a good number of games this season.

It'd be hard to deny him a move if he really wanted to leave but surely we should keep him here until the summer.

If he does go to L1 though I hope it is Bradford, because he'd get them up.

Wasn't he winding up the Norwich fans yesterday evening? I can't see it myself.

Should we go up touch wood cross fingers and all that, then yeah, maybe he'd leave in the January of that season (I think he'd want a chance at least) but right now I just think he's found himself down the pecking order a bit, as many other players have this season due to our performances.

I don't think he'll be taking it personally, and Wilder was only talking him up the other day.

Bill is a certain type of player that needs a certain type of service, we haven't been playing that way recently, but with Evans and Leonard in the team yesterday, we seemed to be back creating the kind of chances Billy could latch on to.

Leon is also struggling at the moment, so he might get some game time. Think he'll make an appearance against Leeds, and in the cup on Saturday.

Bradford? He seems to hate their fans whenever we play them.
Seems the end of an era to be honest, it's been a rollercoaster but I will always remember him for his highest point last season!
I fully understand if he wants to play regular football though at his age.
And the only player to score 30 league goals in the top 4 divisions last season.

According to Alan Nixon in the Sunday Rag, Billy's love affair with the Blades might be coming to an end and he may be tempted into a move for regular football. with Bradford willing to take him on loan
how can it?? .. he’s one of us
lazy 2+2 = 5 speculative journalism.. at least do the bloody research.. Bill hates Bratfud

Think we should keep him,then next season i can see us letting him go,somewhere local again in League 1.

I could possibly believe this following the 0-0 loss last week but seeing him as part of the group yesterday, particularly his antics with Duffy at the end, I'd be surprised. More likely to move on at the end of the season if he still wants to play rather than transition into a coaching role at Utd

Still just the 6 players in the entire division with a better goals per minutes ratio THIS SEASON.

A fact our own fans, and our own management team, appear to have bizarrely overlooked.

You can be quite sure that there will be other Championship clubs that won’t be as careless !

Tyler Durden has, begrudgingly, got this absolutely bang on.

UTB

Sharp would benefit from playing with Wilson. Let Sharp have a game against Preston and hopefully get a goal or two to get back in contention. He is captain for a reason and any talk of him leaving is disrespectful.
No doubting he will start against Preston, due to his current status as 2nd fiddle striker. Partner for Wilson if not cup tied with Ched getting some valuable pitch time as well.

UTB

No way we should be sending him out on loan. Unless he’s specifically requested it. I can see him starting next week anyway

Billy's in a strange position at the moment. Currently 4th choice and unlikely to move up that pecking order unless we have injuries. Wilson will start every game and I assume Clarke will for the foreseeable. I also think we'll play with one striker from time to time.

Saying that, I see no benefit in letting him go unless we're intending to bring someone in to replace him who offers something different.

How long til Chelsea come in for him, now they’re after Ashley Barnes from Burnley

On a serious note I’d be surprised if the club will send him out on loan, on his day he’s one of better goal poachers in the league and works his socks off for the team

It's probably up to Billy what he does. He's been a good leader and scorer for us and played a massive part in our promotion and our early season success. He's not going to get regular football here now, surely that's obvious, so if he wants to play every week CW will respect that and let him go out on loan. If he's happy to play a smaller role and stay at the club then he will do. But he deserves to be given the choice.

Down to Wilder and Billy innit...personally I could only see this happening if Ched’s looking the part in training...

Still just the 6 players in the entire division with a better goals per minutes ratio THIS SEASON.

A fact our own fans, and our own management team, appear to have bizarrely overlooked.

You can be quite sure that there will be other Championship clubs that won’t be as careless !

Tyler Durden has, begrudgingly, got this absolutely bang on.

UTB

Are you serious? I'm pretty sure our management team haven't overlooked anything like.

They're not infallible but they're better placed than anyone on this messageboard to know whether Billy can play a part in taking us where they want to go.

Back
Top Bottom