Berge - The New Coutts?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Berge is a reight unit!

That pic of him and Ozzy when they were eyeing up the freekick is brilliant

With him being 22 and seems an intelligent lad he has a lot to learn and I don’t see a better place for anyone.

I can imagine the sufc environment will bring the aggression out of him. When he’s surrounded by it daily it will rub off. He has a lot to improve on but he’s showing signs that he is improving.

I listened to one of the Undr the Cosh recently and they were on about Coutts being a "scally" and that this impacted his chances of being signed on a number of occasions. They went on to say that he's a nightmare when he's pissed rather than a "scally" but it explains the cross-eyed swaying we saw from him when we were promoted.

I didn't think he was playing badly even when he was getting pelters on here. Maybe didn't stand out, but so what? He's settled really quickly.

Anyway, he's far too good for us. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I like him, quick feet and plays thinking mans football. He looks good on the ball and would have thought with his Hight he'd be deadly in the box at corners. but don't think I've seen him head a ball yet.

Big question

Is it
Sander Berg

or
Sander Burger

In Norwegian you pronounce the E at the end, but kind of "Berg - eh". But Burger is close enough, and he said when he signed he was OK with Burj 😂

Love the guy, growing into his role and seems a proper nice lad. My Norwegian colleagues were thrilled when we signed him.

He's better than Coutts, the way he can drive the ball forward is a rare quality at this level. He's the best at that in our squad.

At times it looks like Berge is playing against the year below, he goes past players so easily but has feet and quality also. We have a real gem on our hands.

Even in the shoddy conditions, Berge still easily made so much time for himself on the ball.

Any would be tacklers were simply strided around with ease. His natural ability is starting to shine massively!

There's times where it looks like he has nowhere to go and yet still keeps the ball and finds space. A lot of what he does isn't flashy like a flair player but it's so good.

As you wish.

220px-BEAR65_lo.jpg

Such a good interview with him on Sky Sports website (by Kate Burlaga who's a Blade.)

https://www.skysports.com/football/...igning-finding-his-feet-in-the-premier-league

Another interview here with Paul Doyle, who isn't a Blade but has been extremely complimentary about us recently (he also predicted that Egan would 'go on a run' of goalscoring just before kick off yesterday, so well played that man).

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-sheffield-united-record-signing-chris-wilder

Can't take credit for it as someone else mentioned it on the shoutbox, but he's more Yaya than Coutts. The more I watched him the more I saw the similarities particularly when he's under pressure with the ball.

Sander has started to show what he can do. Really key is that he can see and pick a pass through the middle - which is vital if we can't break the opposition down via the wings (for example, when they do a tactical job on us).

Back
Top Bottom