CONFIRMED 2019/2020 Kit Mega Thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Adidas ( and the club’s who allow them to do this) are well an truly having the fans pants down. Clubs should be demanding better

I’m nowadays not surprised to see Adidas use a template for the away or third kit. Not great, but no longer a surprise. But for a home kit it’s a joke.

In defence of adidas I think they give the club the option. I reckon it goes something like this:

• Standard colour template - best option for the club financially.
• Template with custom colours - slightly worse for the club financially.
• Template with printed/patterned front panel and/or custom colours - worst option for the club financially.

There’s probably more options also.

All our adidas Home shirts have been option 3. All our Away kits have been option 1 barring the L1 promotion, which was option 3. If the rumours for our upcoming away kit are true that’ll be option 2.

I’ve made all this up but I’m very confident it’s fairly in tune with how things go and I hope it helps folk better understand. 😁

In defence of adidas I think they give the club the option. I reckon it goes something like this:

• Standard colour template - best option for the club financially.
• Template with custom colours - slightly worse for the club financially.
• Template with printed/patterned front panel and/or custom colours - worst option for the club financially.

There’s probably more options also.

All our adidas Home shirts have been option 3. All our Away kits have been option 1 barring the L1 promotion, which was option 3. If the rumours for our upcoming away kit are true that’ll be option 2.

I’ve made all this up but I’m very confident it’s fairly in tune with how things go and I hope it helps folk better understand. 😁

The point I was trying to make though is that ‘template’ shouldn’t be anywhere near their thinking when it comes to designing the kits for teams. They should be able to provide something specific for that team, 2nd and 3rd kits included.

The point I was trying to make though is that ‘template’ shouldn’t be anywhere near their thinking when it comes to designing the kits for teams. They should be able to provide something specific for that team, 2nd and 3rd kits included.

Adidas? They will if you pay them, which is what GallonofMagnet is saying, otherwise if you've got a low price contract then it's fair enough that not every team has 3 bespoke kits. They must supply hundreds of teams.

If you want truly bespoke, get a less popular brand, Hummel or something, or do a Bristol, Villa this season just gone or to a lesser extent, Wendy.

Can't see what Caerdydd fans expect anyway, they play in plain blue. It's nice than last season's. I'd be more pissed off about still having a WordArt sponsor than I would be about the kit.

You should tell that to Nike who issued the same shirt to England, Holland, France and Portugal

As bromtom has stated, what can you really do with plain blue? And ultimately it will have been up to Cardiff. They’ve been relegated, meaning less income and probably gone for the cheaper option. Fulham found themselves in a very similar position (relegated, plain kit, adidas). They’ve gone for option 3 with a patterned front panel. I’m sure that came at a cost but a worthwhile one, in my opinion.

I’ve been impressed with our kits under Adidas but if we could find another kit supplier who is open to doing the club a unique kit (not a standard template) or listening to the fans opinions / designs I would be in favour of that.

Fans don't know what they want that's the problem. Well, they do, but you'll never get a majority unless you release 3 kits to choose from and 2 of them are blue and white.

Best thing we can do is establish ourselves in the top 6 so that Adidas will start doing unique prints for us 😉

Personally I'd rather have Adidas semi-custom than a more custom one from someone like Macron, Avec etc just because of the other stuff. Adidas team gear is leagues ahead of Macron stuff, and Le Coq Sportif.

Fans don't know what they want that's the problem. Well, they do, but you'll never get a majority unless you release 3 kits to choose from and 2 of them are blue and white.

Best thing we can do is establish ourselves in the top 6 so that Adidas will start doing unique prints for us 😉

Personally I'd rather have Adidas semi-custom than a more custom one from someone like Macron, Avec etc just because of the other stuff. Adidas team gear is leagues ahead of Macron stuff, and Le Coq Sportif.

Yes but where does that fit in with our default mode of moaning?

Adidas? They will if you pay them, which is what GallonofMagnet is saying, otherwise if you've got a low price contract then it's fair enough that not every team has 3 bespoke kits. They must supply hundreds of teams.

If you want truly bespoke, get a less popular brand, Hummel or something, or do a Bristol, Villa this season just gone or to a lesser extent, Wendy.

Can't see what Caerdydd fans expect anyway, they play in plain blue. It's nice than last season's. I'd be more pissed off about still having a WordArt sponsor than I would be about the kit.

The three options that GallonofMagnet provided mentioned ‘template’. It shouldn’t ever be a template. It should be bespoke every single time. Charging fans £50 for a kit they can get from sports direct (without the sponsor) for £26 is completely disrespectful to fans. If it’s going to be £50 then make it bespoke.

As bromtom has stated, what can you really do with plain blue? And ultimately it will have been up to Cardiff. They’ve been relegated, meaning less income and probably gone for the cheaper option. Fulham found themselves in a very similar position (relegated, plain kit, adidas). They’ve gone for option 3 with a patterned front panel. I’m sure that came at a cost but a worthwhile one, in my opinion.

And that’s partly my point, it would’ve been up to Cardiff but teams shouldn’t be putting up with it. If every club who had Adidas decided to drop them for a season or two then we’d soon see that Adidas have the ability to do things differently.

What time is the Media call at the Lane tomorrow to launch the new kit?

You should tell puma then as they've released the same shirt for Plymouth, Rotherham and Luton

I thought it was obvious that I meant the same for every kit maker that provides templates but never mind.

“It’s a shit way to treat fans”

“Yeah but they all do it”

“Oh, that’s ok then...”

Design a kit and sell it in Sports Direct for £25. Slap a badge on it and sell it to football fans for double the price.

I thought it was obvious that I meant the same for every kit maker that provides templates but never mind.

“It’s a shit way to treat fans”

“Yeah but they all do it”

“Oh, that’s ok then...”

Design a kit and sell it in Sports Direct for £25. Slap a badge on it and sell it to football fans for double the price.

It’s not the manufacturers who set the price, that’s clubs selling them on for a lot more than they pay for them

Back
Top Bottom