2015/16 Home Kit

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Make of the following as you wish:

"Sheffield Steelers anyone?
This kit is just Jim Phipps and the owner testing the waters on a complete rebranding of Sheffield United. I was speaking to someone at the club and senior staff have been asked to gage the feelings on this, it is not so much the pin striped shirt the real tester was the red shorts and socks, they see our future in a all red kit, name change and badge change with a hook up with a MLS side, this could be a few years down the line but trust me that is the plan. We are losing and will lose our identity because of a yank who knows the square root of feck all about football but is a very talented corporate lawyer who sees growing commercially and is planning on a whole rebrand. So while all the drips are sucking his c@ck on twitter just remember you were a part in losing out history by telling him everything was rosey just to be his friend on twitter. You should be ashamed of yourselves, if it was just McCabe in charge of the club with what is going on, on and off the pitch he would be getting slaughtered big some clueless yank is getting praised even though his plan is to rebrand all while not putting a single penny into the club but hoping to build a business/brand for his employer the prince to sell. Some are that thick they don't even realise that is his job. Speaks to us on twitter though blah blah. Remember you were told, if we don't chase Phipps and co from our club there will not be a club for us anymore, us proper Blades. A steelers style franchise, you have been warned."

:D
Big bag of Bostik for breakfast then? :D

Distinctive?? From the stand it's a white shirt!!

Awful.
From the stands you can't read any of the sponsor's details we've had for the last ten years. Not can you read the details on the club badge, and even the crappy FL font on the back of the shirts for the players' names isn't easy to read. But when you get up close its easy to read it all.

"Fahion-conscious wankers are a target market too." Dkc.

Speaking as a fashion conscious wanker, I can assure all those who are not, that new football shirts are not usually our target whatsoever. Very rarely a new shirt comes along that IS vaguely fashionable but its rare indeed.

I have only seen one design this season which looks like it has ANY thoughtful design behind it and that's Arsenal's. Manufacturer's Puma® are probably the betes noir (see what I did there?) with some on here but they have put together something contemporary, sporty and fitting (literally) that adidas have just not done.

The Arsenal kits are available with long-sleeves, which means you don't see the scruffy long-sleeved vest that many players like to wear underneath. Of the adidas shirts I know, only Chelsea seem to have that option, even for the players. As I have pointed out before, adidas have a BIG problem with striped sleeves, I suppose this is because of their trade-mark three-stripes but given that the new Blades shirt just seems like something adidas threw at the club (obviously the Forest away kit with a collar) I guess its some kind of cost saving thing, perhaps more striped cloth has to be thrown away when making a striped sleeve compared with a plain one? - I'm no tailor.

Since the last world cup, adidas have become predominant in the English leagues by the looks, all have a pointless stripe along the shoulder blades, and a pointless piping ending the 3 stripes going down the sleeve. It reminds me of a seriffed script and to me it therefore it looks static, staid, not particularly sporty, certainly not forward thinking (designwise) or dynamic which the Arsenal kit does.

However, adidas pay the club to supply the shirt and who pays the piper, calls the tune. This new shirt is embarrassing as it shows how the power relationship is slanted.

I suggest that adidas spent less than one man-hour on putting this shirt together, almost literally out of discarded cloth from the remnants bin.

As the crowd sings, "We're Sheffield United like Forest away" to the tune of 'I want to go home'.

For an away kit, looks great.
For a home kit, sorry, can't see the stripes and seems weird watching Blades playing in white at home. Traditional red and white for me.

When you lot who think that £40 represents good value for a few nylon rags stitched together by 6-year-old Bengalis receive your shirt, would you hold it up to the light or feel behind the badge to see if adidas bothered un-picking the Nottingham Forest badge please?

Last edited:
I can't believe there's 14 pages of people fucked off because of some thinner red stripes than we expected. I hope the club don't back out of this one and make it an away kit because I'll be disappointed

Looks wicked, a lot of people are going to go into meltdown because of the lack of stripes though...

Perfect rehash of our first ever kit by adidas, also not a template.

Generally supports don't like the removal of their stripes... Ala southampton, west brom however this is a none-permenant change which illustrates the clubs history neatly. It will take some time getting use too but super cool. Almost like it was designed with John Brayfords hipster look in mind.

Could of made the pin stripes about 1.5x thicker though almost invisible!

So you might want to look at the Nottingham Forest away shirt for this season also made by Adidas. Our two current strips are an away strip previously worn by a Scottish League One outfit and now a home kit rebadged from Forest. No wonder we couldn't pass to each other yesterday.

So you might want to look at the Nottingham Forest away shirt for this season also made by Adidas. Our two current strips are an away strip previously worn by a Scottish League One outfit and now a home kit rebadged from Forest. No wonder we couldn't pass to each other yesterday.

Yeah you know you are right there.

Apart from the different number of stripes, different collar, different shade of red, and the arms being different. Oh and the shorts and socks being different as well.

Wow.

Just wow.

What a thread, started reading this earlier and am only just through it.

Let's be honest the shirt is lovely, it really is. I also think its a nice touch that the club are using a shirt and badge from the history books.

I imagine they wanted us to play in it this season as its the 125 season but it wasn't to be. Loads of people liked the retro shirt that was on sale last season and if you rewind 12months, this is the kit that we were expecting back then.

Its always going to divide the fans something like this, as did the diamond shirt and the blue away shirt (ironically that blue shirt is one many fans love).

Its only for 1 season, what's it matter. The reason people are pissed is because none of us were around when the kit was out the first time around.

Maybe in 100yrs all the new cool kids will be ranting because we've just announced that we're releasing a luminous away shirt to commemorate the one worn in our 100th year.

No doubt they will, especially if we'd had a very nice white shirt with red pinstripes for the previous century that was first intended as the home kit but fan pressure saw it switched to the away shirt.

One interesting thing I did find out today is that on forests online shop they allow you to choose whether you have the sponsor on your shirt or not.

They also don't charge extra for a shirt that does not have a sponsor.

One interesting thing I did find out today is that on forests online shop they allow you to choose whether you have the sponsor on your shirt or not.

They also don't charge extra for a shirt that does not have a sponsor.

The sponsor is the Chairman's business.

The sponsor is the Chairman's business.

Still doesn't alter the fact that Forest appear to take fans wishes into account and do something that they want.

Sounds like good club/fan relations...............perhaps some of the amateurs in charge down at BDTBL might want to learn something.

UTW

Still doesn't alter the fact that Forest appear to take fans wishes into account and do something that they want.

But does go some way to explaining the choice. They could also have the sponsors logo applied if they'd already purchased the shirt without one (he didn't sort out the "sponsorship", till after they were out without a logo.

When you lot who think that £40 represents good value for a few nylon rags stitched together by 6-year-old Bengalis receive your shirt, would you hold it up to the light or feel behind the badge to see if adidas bothered un-picking the Nottingham Forest badge please?
Hahaha it wouldn't be the first time we have pulled that trick, when I sold programmes they gave us all coats which were a strange colour of maroon cum purple with green trim the badge was a huge shield shaped effort ................................ sure enough it was that way to hide the embroidered Hibernian logo's underneath.

I can see mixed opinions on this one, my brother hates it but I love it. Surprised to still see John Holland on the front. Hate it I'm afraid. I'm an old fart but for me my team plays in a red and white shirt, black shorts and white socks. I also prefer black and white boots but that's another matter all together!
2731-30.jpg
I can see mixed opinions on this one, my brother hates it but I love it. Surprised to still see John Holland on the front.
2731-30.jpg

Not sure where you got your fashion degree mate but the shirt is a different newer template and fit to the Forest shirt... There is only so bloody much you can do with the standardized football colors red, blue, black, white. There are also adjustments to the sleeves, collar and shorts.

To compare Chelsea and Liverpool played in pretty much the same kit as each other with a colour change for years! Chelsea tops still are the same, thats adidas for you...

Hate it I'm afraid. I'm an old fart I know but for me, my team plays in a red and white shirt, black shorts and white socks. I also prefer black and white boots but that's another f**king matter all together!

Sounds like good club/fan relations...............perhaps some of the amateurs in charge down at BDTBL might want to learn something.

UTW

Might be something to do with the industry that the business is too? Victor Chandler (betting).

I know West Ham sell their children's kits with the Bobby Moore Foundation emblazoned on the front as opposed to Betway. Suppose that would piss fans off somewhat, how many kids will be wondering why they can't have a shirt the same as the players?

Might be something to do with the industry that the business is too? Victor Chandler (betting).

I know West Ham sell their children's kits with the Bobby Moore Foundation emblazoned on the front as opposed to Betway. Suppose that would piss fans off somewhat, how many kids will be wondering why they can't have a shirt the same as the players?
Any club that is sponsored by a bookies or a beer/lager/cider sells the kids shirts without the sponsor. I don't think they're allowed to sell them with the sponsor on.

Any club that is sponsored by a bookies or a beer/lager/cider sells the kids shirts without the sponsor. I don't think they're allowed to sell them with the sponsor on.

No you're right. My main point was that loads of kids will be pissed off that they can't have a kit the same as the team they support. It all over the stadiums, on the shirts, match day programmes etc. So why not put it on the shirts? Ridiculous

No you're right. My main point was that loads of kids will be pissed off that they can't have a kit the same as the team they support. It all over the stadiums, on the shirts, match day programmes etc. So why not put it on the shirts? Ridiculous
I guess it's just to do with the fact they don't want kids promoting gambling or alcohol. Personally, I don't think a 7 year old gives a shit what the sponsor is.

Back
Top Bottom