Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Elsecar_Blade

Dele Alli?

So it’s pretty much confirmed that Dele Alli will be out of contract this summer. I’m not saying I would sign him but resurrecting this to see what people’s thoughts are now we’re heading back to the Championship. Could Wilder get a tune out of him? Pay as you play sort of deal? We know that...
  2. Elsecar_Blade

Kid's jumper left on John Street

We sit in Seat 52/53 mate and there was a black jumper hanging on the handrail of Exit B. I checked it because my girl had a black jumper on today. Hopefully one of the stewards has handed it in but it was definitely there - am assuming it was the one your lad has lost.
  3. Elsecar_Blade

CONFIRMED James McAtee - on season-long loan

Watching the two of them this season, it's clear which one of the two of them is a "City player" and which one probably isn't. I think they'll have no intention of selling Macca but will want to see him on loan in the PL next season and surely that puts SUFC in pole position. Doyle, whilst he...
  4. Elsecar_Blade

Drunken coked up old Blades "wanting it".

I don't mind Grealish really but that won't stop me and my daughter booing him like the pantomime villain. His diving around in a Villa shirt over a couple of seasons was reaching ridiculous levels so he deserves the boos, though he does seem to have gone to another level and matured under Pep...
  5. Elsecar_Blade

What's the chance

With Bayern Munich in the Champions League a couple of days before and Arsenal in the Premier League a couple of days later, I would imagine Erling will be on the bench for the Semi Final. Just the small matter of Alvarez - a World Cup winner - to deal with instead and Haaland off the bench if...
  6. Elsecar_Blade

#HerGameToo

How many times have you heard the phrase "It's a women's game" over the years? I've certainly heard "It's a man's game" uttered regularly. That's what I'm referring to when I say there's no doubt it's a man's game - we've heard it over and over and there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that...
  7. Elsecar_Blade

#HerGameToo

Whilst I don't know what it may achieve in the long run, what I do know is that my 11-year-old daughter and my 11-year-old niece are so excited to see their favourite team embracing the fact that football is their game too. They've been playing for their girls team for 4/5 years now, they were...
  8. Elsecar_Blade

Nearly aquarter of the way in… what you think?

Best player has been N'Diaye but being pushed close by the likes of Ahmedhodzic, Norwood and Berge. Most improved has to be RND. Best signing is definitely Ahmedhodzic but some sensible business all round and Khadra, Doyle, McAtee and Clark all look useful. Biggest flop? Unfortunately, I'd...
  9. Elsecar_Blade

View From Reading ...

To be fair to them, they were fortunate to get out 0-4 so I'd expect some sort of magnanimous response. Not a stretch to suggest it should have been 0-6, could have been 0-8. As dominant a performance as I've seen from United and I think we made them look worse than they were.
  10. Elsecar_Blade

Wes Doing Us Proud

Wes was excellent last night, some great takes and such. However, not sure what he was doing on the goal. Although the blame was with Egan and McAtee, he didn't need to race out like that. AA would have got there and it would have took some finish to beat Wes if he'd stayed just a few yards off...
  11. Elsecar_Blade

CONFIRMED Anel Ahmedhodžić signs

Why would anybody in their right mind choose Blackburn Rovers over Sheffield United? If we miss out on this guy to Rovers, either the player is chuffin nuts or things are really bad at the Lane. p.s. For anybody struggling ... https://www.howtopronounce.com/ahmedhodzic
  12. Elsecar_Blade

Takeover

Anybody offering £5m for Ryan Flynn is not a "football person" I can assure you! I remember Scougall being linked with Everton for £3-4m after that cup run but Flynn? He was absolute bobbar for 95% of the time.
  13. Elsecar_Blade

Ismaila Coulibaly

Agree that he has his limitations but I'm staggered by the 6/10 comment. At times last season, he held that defence together despite being hamstrung by Jokanovic for the first three months. He covered the lapses of Davies/Robinson and, once Basham regained his place, looked as strong as ever...
  14. Elsecar_Blade

A giant leap, a giant goal

Rob Hawthorne. He did a lot of our iconic moments in the 02/03 triple assault season, including the Brown volley.
  15. Elsecar_Blade

When I listened to the podcast, he just comes across as a proper football fan and I guess that passion just comes out. I've heard him give similar commentaries to other big goals and big moments in other games. If I were Sky, I'd have him commentating on the Premier League over Martin Tyler and...
  16. Elsecar_Blade

The commentator is Daniel Mann and he has had a few iconic commentary moments with United in our previous two-year stint in the Championship ... "Inside and outside he goes ... That's a stunning strike! How on earth did he manage that?" (Duffy at Hillsborough) "Basham's arriving ... and he...
  17. Elsecar_Blade

Hull v U18s

Those that see the U18s more than most of us who only really see goals on Twitter, what’s the verdict on Will Lankshear? Seems to be smashing goals in left, right and centre lately. Somebody to be excited about?
  18. Elsecar_Blade

Wingback crisis

If all the players reported end up being out, I think I’m more worried about LWB than RWB. Seen enough of Seriki to know that, though we’d have to manage his confidence carefully, he has the talent. I’m not sure there’s much option at LWB other than moving Robinson over and playing Davies. I’m...
  19. Elsecar_Blade

Favourite spontaneous Blades chants?

Johnstone’s Paint Trophy when Hartlepool played their reserve keeper and left Flinders on the bench … He’s better than you, He’s better than yo-o-ou! Flinders licks windows, But he’s better than you!
  20. Elsecar_Blade

Stoke love

I agree - but I suspect the shithousery was coming in the last ten minutes, especially with Fletcher coming on. I guess that would be understandable to an extent by that point of the game. I thought it was an excellent game to watch between two good sides who play two different styles. Stoke...
  21. Elsecar_Blade

SONG FOR NDIAYE

What’s the words to this? I’m struggling with a couple of bits and my daughters are desperate for a song for him. They’ve been singing “N’Diaye’s on fire, your defence is terrified!” for a few week. I’ve got … I am in love, I can’t deny, ???? and he wears the twenty nine. From Senegal, To...
  22. Elsecar_Blade

Two penalties turned down

I prefer to not get them in a 6-2 win as long as we get them when we do need them to be honest!
  23. Elsecar_Blade

Booing

I also suspect he heard the Birmingham fans chanting "Juuuuuuuuuuuke" which is their name for Lucas Jutkiewicz.
  24. Elsecar_Blade

Remember your first ever visit and NOW

I don't clearly remember my first game but I remember going to SUFC vs. Brighton in January 1987 for a snowy FA Cup 0-0 draw. Recently found out it was Chris Wilder's debut. I also remember us beating Portsmouth 2-1 one evening with both our goals being penalties, Peter Beagrie scoring a worldie...
  25. Elsecar_Blade

Football heaven

I love Wilder as much as anybody but the stubborn belief that we had to keep playing that way was mind-boggling. It's almost as if overlapping centre backs had become so romanticised and a key part of our identity that we couldn't let go - even when we lost our most effective overlapping centre...
  26. Elsecar_Blade

Football heaven

I don't think either covered themselves in glory, don't get me wrong. But I never really felt the issue was that we were missing significant amounts of chances, we just weren't getting anywhere close to threatening or creating a chance in the main which I'd put with midfield and wing backs...
  27. Elsecar_Blade

Incoming? Ronaldo Vieira

Three from Vieira, Berge, Osborn, Fleck, Norwood and Freeman should - in the Championship - be good enough. The competition for places in that should mean that Fleck/Norwood have to up their games considerably from last season. I could still see a possibility that Berge/Freeman could leave so...
  28. Elsecar_Blade

Football heaven

This. Keith Edwards, legend as he was on the pitch, is wrong here. It wasn't the strikers last season, it was the ineptitude of the midfield or wing backs to create anything for them. I'm confident that, if Slav gets the rest of the team right, the strikers will fire us to promotion. Especially...
  29. Elsecar_Blade

Leicester and Burnley

Copying another team is not the way to do it, as others have already said. We need to find our own way of doing it. However, what we should learn from the likes of Leicester, Burnley, Palace, Southampton and Wolves is that it is possible to break in and be strong in the Premier League. There...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom