Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. LoughboroBlade

United World

I can see the worrying parallel... That said, it seems clear from Bettis in the piece that the ties in Belgium were extremely helpful for the Berge deal. The impression the piece left me with is that, regardless of where we end up next season, this is something the owners view very much as a...
  2. LoughboroBlade

United World

Really interesting piece this. I’d say while the McCabe club empire seemed more sporadic, this sounds more thought out and coordinated throughout. https://theathletic.com/2170408/2020/12/02/sheffield-united-world-brexit-berge-kits/
  3. LoughboroBlade

Match Thread Sheffield United v. West Ham United - 22nd November 2020

Special word for Ramsdale after the guff he got last time out – thought the commentary underplayed his low save to the right. Also played a deft low midfield-splitting ball to set Fleck free that was excellent.
  4. LoughboroBlade

1. Why does this get asked every time Bogle isn’t in the squad, despite it being answered every time it’s asked? 2. See 1.
  5. LoughboroBlade

Ampadu LCB. Fleck starts. Brewster dropped to the bench. Stevens, on media duty Friday, not involved at all!
  6. LoughboroBlade

Personally think we’ll be unchanged, with Fleck & Moose the only changes to the bench. Unless either have been involved in a behind-closed-doors friendly over the international break, I don’t think Wilder will start them.
  7. LoughboroBlade

RND

It makes sense, and then we have two options fighting for LWB. There’s no point at this stage in taking RND out of an environment he’s playing at a good level regularly, only to have him be a bit-part player for us – it doesn’t help his development, and ahead of the Euros he’ll need to be...
  8. LoughboroBlade

RND

Not being recalled, not being sold. https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/norrington-davies-sheffield-united-transfer-19320193
  9. LoughboroBlade

CONFIRMED Rhian Brewster

It’s genuinely impossible at the moment for the social media team to post anything without certain-Unitedites-never-thrilled (which helpfully abbreviates) using it as an opportunity to post a stream of bile in response. Not even charitable content announcing a link-up with a support dogs charity...
  10. LoughboroBlade

Former Blades as Managers

From the US: Neill Collins Head Coach of Tampa Bay Rowdies. Adrian Heath Head Coach of Minnesota United. Lee Morris Head Coach of SC United Bantams
  11. LoughboroBlade

I think he’s probably deliberately playing up the ambiguity about whether Berge is available – my guess is he will be.
  12. LoughboroBlade

Think he’ll be back in the squad Sunday... And possibly him too...
  13. LoughboroBlade

Hassan Ayari

14. LoughboroBlade

United World

New signing.
  15. LoughboroBlade

Wilder will probably be asked this in his prematch press stuff later today.
  16. LoughboroBlade

United/Chesterfield contrasting fortunes

That’s reminded me of the good old days where every time the United job came up folk were suggesting either Pemberton or O’Driscoll get it. #NeverGivenAChance
  17. LoughboroBlade

RND

I personally think that it’s not just a coincidence that our most successful overlapping centre-backs played a significant amount prior to that at different positions that give them different attributes. For JOC, that included a good chunk of games as a traditional left-back, where overlapping...
  18. LoughboroBlade

RND

From The Star quoting Nathan Jones... But having operated predominantly at centre-half during his spell at Spotland - “I had to watch him about 10 times, because he was in the middle so often and I wanted to see him wide,” Jones says, detailing his scouting missions to Greater Manchester - it...
  19. LoughboroBlade

RND

I think he’s about 2cm shorter than Stevens. I can’t say if his leap is better, though it was noticeable in the Bulgaria game that Giggs had him in the box for attacking centre-pieces, rather than the usual halfway line position you’d expect a wingback/fullback for cover.
  20. LoughboroBlade

RND

It’s been mentioned certainly, and if Shield is to be believed it’s where our coaching staff see him eventually settling in the future.
  21. LoughboroBlade

Roy's View From... View From Wales

Missed the game, but watching the highlights and reading around it Ampadu was similar to how he was in the Ireland game (as in so so). In contrast RND encouragingly sounds like he was much much improved and put in his best performance for Wales to date. Picked out James on the left with a ball...
  22. LoughboroBlade

Roy's View From... Wales Fans Views On Ethan Ampadu and Rhys Norrington-Davies

Both retained in the same formation for tonight’s game against Finland.
  23. LoughboroBlade

Famous Fans

Ha, I’m not going anywhere near that...
  24. LoughboroBlade

Bogle

This is also a consistent approach Wilder’s taken throughout his time with us that he rarely veers from, much like the balance he almost always sticks to for our right and left sides. It was the same last season when folk were confused about why Osborn was generally preferred for the bench over...
  25. LoughboroBlade

Bogle

I’d agree. That feels like a completely different Stevens at this current time.
  26. LoughboroBlade

New 3rd kit

I guess if I was paying £600 for preordering a replica kit I’d probably be a bit miffed if that was taken in one go admittedly. The last kit I preordered was I think the 81-83 Shoreham St ltd run a year or two ago. I realise it’s not quite the same, but there was no firm shipping date, it took...
  27. LoughboroBlade

Famous Fans

Following the club on twitter isn’t necessary to be a fan of the club obviously. But if you have an active twitter, as he does, and you don’t follow the club, it suggests his affinity to the club is either historical, tenuous, or nonexistent.
  28. LoughboroBlade

Famous Fans

Doesn’t even follow us on Twitter – I’m guessing not a fan, but someone that enjoyed temporarily coming to our games.
  29. LoughboroBlade

New 3rd kit

I don’t really see why it’s any different to another preorder. I stopped buying our kits probably about 10 years ago, but as I recall when I’d “preordered” the new kit back when we used to have to wait multiple months in preseason (or beyond) before they arrived. You would pay at the time you...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom