RND

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

who the fuck do WBA think they are?

he'd be one of the "rebuild" players if we drop out of the prem this year and even if we stayed up, he's ideal to come straight into the squad and possibly as a starting player next season. Seems to be making rapid progress with an absolute peach of a left foot.

UTB
Well if we do sell, we better be having their pants down with fees. Backup EPL player, young, prospect, a year and a half left on contract, Wales International, transferring to a smaller team who are EPL rivals = £15-20 million?

However, what i suspect is that his agent is drumming up rumours to plump for a new contract/better deal for his client at utd. In my opinion he is one of our priorities to get a contract signed... as stated previously he will be a key player at Championship level or a brilliant EPL rotation option next season, and if we get offered a big fee for Enda one day, we will have adequate replacements waiting (we need to turn a profit one day!).

Last edited:

This is no doubt being used to drum up a better contract and we may be forced to let him go as I do not think he has long left on his existing one

If we were contemplating grooming him as a LCB why is he not playing in that position for Luton?
I personally think that it’s not just a coincidence that our most successful overlapping centre-backs played a significant amount prior to that at different positions that give them different attributes. For JOC, that included a good chunk of games as a traditional left-back, where overlapping and crossing would have been part of his role. For Basham, that included being a box-to-box player and using his acceleration and stamina to good use. It’s why too that I think we’ve tended to look at competition for both using players that have predominantly played other positions – like Leonard and Rodwell (midfielders like Basham was) at RCB, Bryan and Robinson (left backs like JOC once was) at LCB. It seems that the coaching staff think it’s an easier/cheaper task to repurpose a wingback or midfielder into an overlapping CB than to retrain a traditional CB into an overlapping one. However it’s not an approach that has worked so far certainly for finding alternatives to the original overlapping CBs.

He's doing well and will want some guarantee of first team/squad football next year surely?

I would imagine that Lowe and RND will eventually be fighting it out once Stevens fades.

So we’re signing a LCB in January then
It makes sense, and then we have two options fighting for LWB. There’s no point at this stage in taking RND out of an environment he’s playing at a good level regularly, only to have him be a bit-part player for us – it doesn’t help his development, and ahead of the Euros he’ll need to be playing regularly if he’s to feature in that.

Next season though, whichever league we’re in, I’d like to see him in the squad.

It makes sense, and then we have two options fighting for LWB. There’s no point at this stage in taking RND out of an environment he’s playing at a good level regularly, only to have him be a bit-part player for us – it doesn’t help his development, and ahead of the Euros he’ll need to be playing regularly if he’s to feature in that.

Next season though, whichever league we’re in, I’d like to see him in the squad.
Agreed he’ll be at the point then age wise where he’ll need to force his way in for us or look at moving on. Also hints we might not be quite as skint as I feared we might be come January.

Never going to get a game whilst the new Roberto Carlos aka Max Lowe is at the lane

Amazing news! Well done to all involved. As a result of this, I feel that one of Lowe, Osborn or Stevens will be moved on pretty soon. If we go down maybe a Prem team will take a punt on Stevens.

Amazing news! Well done to all involved. As a result of this, I feel that one of Lowe, Osborn or Stevens will be moved on pretty soon. If we go down maybe a Prem team will take a punt on Stevens.
Over the length of that 4 year deal it’s likely to be Stevens just from an age point of view but I’d agree should we go down he might be one we look to move on.

Over the length of that 4 year deal it’s likely to be Stevens just from an age point of view but I’d agree should we go down he might be one we look to move on.
Wouldn't oppose Stevens leaving in summer, so long as we get nice whack for him... We should really look towards cashing in on players at the right time and i think his time is coming with the exciting talent we possess at LWB

Wouldn't oppose Stevens leaving in summer, so long as we get nice whack for him... We should really look towards cashing in on players at the right time and i think his time is coming with the exciting talent we possess at LWB
I’d agree although how much we’d get for him might be less than we’d hope. His age will factor in as will the fact that this season is demonstrating for him to look his best the situation around him needs to be ideal.

I like him and I think we'd be lucky to get 3-4m.
Yeah I think that 4m mark would probably be an average market value for him a touch more like I said if someone really falls in love with him as a player.

Back
Top Bottom