Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. 1973Blade

Eggciting times ahead?

I'm sure if we get John Eggan back to fitness next season everything will be all white and the yolk will be on our city rivals. I'll get my coat.
  2. 1973Blade

Another slightly interesting fact

Yesterday's attendance of 73,559 was the second highest ever for a Blades league game (I think!), the highest being 75,540 when we were away at Man Utd in 2007.
  3. 1973Blade

A good game

My mistake perhaps but I thought he was decent. I hadn't spotted he was at fault for Maguire's goal though.
  4. 1973Blade

Arblaster

Vale fans delighted for him as well. https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/topic/62572-ollie-arblaster/
  5. 1973Blade

A good game

The first 70 minutes we played well and were a match for Man Utd. Unfortunately our squad is weaker and it caught up with us. Wes man of the match and needs to remain there for the rest of the season. Arblaster, Bogle, Holgate in particular had a decent game. I can accept a defeat if the...
  6. 1973Blade

Substitutions Cost Us

We had to make subs or players would have been knackered. Our squad is weaker than their squad unfortunately.
  7. 1973Blade

Slightly interesting fact

12 of our first 14 away games this season were at grounds to the south of Bramall Lane. However, four out of our last five away games are at grounds to the north of Bramall Lane. I'm sure there's a conspiracy in there somewhere, probably involving the Premier League putting us at an unfair...
  8. 1973Blade

Did you boo Sander.

I always felt sorry for Gus Uhlenbeek who must have spent his time with us thinking that we hated him!
  9. 1973Blade

Vini Souza

To be in the Premier League now you need strong athletic midfielders which we are sadly lacking.
  10. 1973Blade

Five years ago today - an unexpected surprise

I'd resigned myself that United were going to be in the play offs. On Good Friday we beat Forest 2-0. When I got home I saw that Leeds were beating ten man Wigan 1-0. I stopped following the game, assuming Leeds would easily win. Leeds' defeat turned our fortunes round and made us favourites for...
  11. 1973Blade

Don Givens' penalty miss and Nazi Germany's invasion of Poland

Thanks, no not seen that before but just the kind of thing I like!
  12. 1973Blade

Could this have made a difference to United's season?

If the supporters has been a little less lenient and whipped the underperforming players, as happened recently in Saudi Arabia?! https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68818787
  13. 1973Blade

There is an argument that John Matthews is the bigger culprit!
  14. 1973Blade

I was going to add that you seeing United for the first time in 1953 is as close in time to the last amateur team winning the FA Cup (Old Etonians in 1882) as to today!
  15. 1973Blade

Tony Currie signing for United in 1968 is as close in time to the sinking of the Titanic in 1912 (56 years) as it is to today. Don Givens' penalty miss against Walsall in 1981 is closer in time to Nazi Germany invading Poland in 1939 (42 years) than it is to today (43 years). Deane and Agana...
  16. 1973Blade

New ground

I wouldn't dare do anything to upset the forum police 😀
  17. 1973Blade

New ground

It's these quirks that make grounds distinctive rather than just a bowl though.
  18. 1973Blade

Match Thread Brentford v. Sheffield United - 13th April 2024

I thought he was a bit better today one decent save. His kicking and distribution is still poor.
  19. 1973Blade

New ground

A chance to see a new ground today. I was impressed, its very compact but they've avoided making it a soulless bowl. United fans in very good voice as well, love the Louruci song to the tune of Yes Sir I Can Boogie!! Not a great game at half time I was confident we could get something out of...
  20. 1973Blade

Match Thread Brentford v. Sheffield United - 13th April 2024

Decent first half ended up being well beaten. Holgate and Arblaster best players today.
  21. 1973Blade

Ten years on - United's 2014 FA Cup run

Ten years ago the FA Cup dream came to an end. We've never had a better chance of making the final in my lifetime.
  22. 1973Blade

Everton

Forest fan on the Everton forum: We need to do something. Yes, stop cheating. https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/forest-fan-20th-april-we-need-to-do-something.119301/
  23. 1973Blade

Roy's View From... View From Chelsea

I take it that Chelsea are horrified not to be rubbish old Sheffield United!!
  24. 1973Blade

Personally, I thought we were brilliant

And the first time we have let fewer than three in at home since Brentford on 9th December.
  25. 1973Blade

Big Six

Sorry I meant point not goal!!
  26. 1973Blade

Big Six

Yes I meant point I've edited!!
  27. 1973Blade

Big Six

Our first point of the season against a Big Six team and the most convincing performance today after a poor first 20 minutes. Arsenal hammered us in both occasions, we did ok against Liverpool and Arsenal but well beaten, Man Utd we were in the game for half an hour and Tottenham was...
  28. 1973Blade

We.hammered them on XG!
  29. 1973Blade

Our fans today

Second half a great atmosphere, shows what happens when the players show some passion.
  30. 1973Blade

I agree, a spirited performance today, Anel played so much better, Arblaster looks class, Bogle played well apart from one brainfart.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom