Don Givens' penalty miss and Nazi Germany's invasion of Poland

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I love the way everyone piles in on Don Givens , if he hadn't missed that pen you lot wouldn't have had Darlington .
I say you lot cos I was too young 😄

Tony Currie signing for United in 1968 is as close in time to the sinking of the Titanic in 1912 (56 years) as it is to today.
Don Givens' penalty miss against Walsall in 1981 is closer in time to Nazi Germany invading Poland in 1939 (42 years) than it is to today (43 years).
Deane and Agana firing United to promotion from Division Three in 1989 is as close to Bill Haley releasing Rock Around The Clock in 1954 (35 years) as it is to today.
David Seaman's world class save from Peschisolido in 2003 is as close to the Falklands War in 1982 (21 years) as it is to today.
To sum up, I now feel old!
Have you been playing about on https://you.regettingold.com/ ??

If you put the date the pigs last kicked a PL ball, there's a lot to have happened since. Apple hadn't released an iPhone for example... the 1st model was released 7years AFTER their relegation 🤣

Wikipedia hadn't been started 🤣

The 1976 Summer Olympics are closer to the last time Sheff Wed kicked a PL ball than today's date 🤣🤣🤣

Knock yourself out...

Last edited:

If you put the date the pigs last kicked a PL ball, there's a lot to have happened since. Apple hadn't released an iPhone for example... the 1st model was released 7years AFTER their relegation 🤣

The 1976 Summer Olympics are closer to the last time Sheff Wed kicked a PL ball than today's date 🤣🤣🤣

Knock yourself out...

Thanks, no not seen that before but just the kind of thing I like!

Tony Currie signing for United in 1968 is as close in time to the sinking of the Titanic in 1912 (56 years) as it is to today.
Don Givens' penalty miss against Walsall in 1981 is closer in time to Nazi Germany invading Poland in 1939 (42 years) than it is to today (43 years).
Deane and Agana firing United to promotion from Division Three in 1989 is as close to Bill Haley releasing Rock Around The Clock in 1954 (35 years) as it is to today.
David Seaman's world class save from Peschisolido in 2003 is as close to the Falklands War in 1982 (21 years) as it is to today.
To sum up, I now feel old!
I reckon the moon is closer to Bramall Lane than a transformative mega rich new owner.

Knock yourself out...

On the topic of iPhone facts, here’s a good one. The T Rex (dinosaur, not the band, although it does apply to the band as well) is closer in time to the iPhone than the Stegosaurus with the tyrannosaurus being around 66 million years ago, and Stegs being some 150 million years ago. FACT!

My balls were closer to my feet in 1975 than they are now,by 1985 they were definitely further away than they currently dangle.
By 2050(if I’m still here) gravity will have my balls at knee level.

Back
Top Bottom