GAME OVER

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The forest game has now become a must win for us now!!.
Absolutely gutted about today but the players have only themselves to blame as wilder has alluded to in his post match interview.
It’s not all over yet though?. UTB ⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️

How would you feel in Wilder or one of the players came out and said “well we’re 3 points behind with a better GD and 12 points to play for, but we’re planning for the playoffs”
Fuckin fuming!! So stop been mopey cunts and until it’s mathematically impossible support the lads.
Spot on there mate.We are the underdogs now that's the way we like it .As wilder says we asked for it and got punished,but the sequence of event.s in the last 10 minutes were hard to stomach,We never take the easy route we have to be ready for good Friday still all to play for.we need to get our front foot game going again.

Really? His post match interview suggested that the players didn't do what he told them and went backwards off their own bat. He sounded as hacked off as the rest of us.
Are you familiar with the concept of deflecting the blame ?
Was it the players who sent on Cranie instead of Hogan ?
Do you want me to list the previous occasions when Wilder has tried to go safe with a defensive sub for an attacker and dropped points ?

Are you familiar with the concept of deflecting the blame ?
Was it the players who sent on Cranie instead of Hogan ?
Do you want me to list the previous occasions when Wilder has tried to go safe with a defensive sub for an attacker and dropped points ?

I’d be more interested to see other examples of Wilder blaming the players, en masse, which is my point, I don’t think it’s his style, which is why I accept what he says at face value.

Fuck off pal.
Seriously? This is supposed to be a fans forum. Either debate or don’t but that type of response is pointless and demeaning to those of of us trying to to exchange views in a grown up manner. If that is all you have to offer please stay away.

I’d be more interested to see other examples of Wilder blaming the players, en masse, which is my point, I don’t think it’s his style, which is why I accept what he says at face value.
Sending on a defender to replace a striker when we're on top and looking for the killer second is not consistent with telling the players to keep going forward.
It literally SHOUTS trying to keep a one goal lead.
Look at the evidence , not at his words when he's distraught at losing two points.
I have never heard him blame the players en masse for failure to follow his instructions.
Which strikes me as him being so upset with his own tactic failing , that he had to lash out.
He's only human , after all.
But he must have seen the complete regression immediately after his daft decision.

Wilder put Cranie on to go back to our trusty attacking 532 formation and I remember Cranie overlapping and thought let's not get caught on the break!

But then we did seem to sit back after that because Millwall went for it so I can understand Wilder saying we should have stretched them more. I think we fans think the manager can influence players individual actions and passes much more than reality.

Hogan was an option but Goldy was playing well and Couttsy can pick a pass so I can understand the subs - it's fine margins especially them scoring so late.

Also without Wilder I dread to think where we would be now.

Been on holiday for s couple of weeks and not seen us play, but it’s 3 points. We only need to win and Leeds lose to go second!

Now I’m not convinced we can get maximum points from our remaining games, but neither am I with Leeds.

Seriously? This is supposed to be a fans forum. Either debate or don’t but that type of response is pointless and demeaning to those of of us trying to to exchange views in a grown up manner. If that is all you have to offer please stay away.

He’s just a troll mate. In what way does he exchange views, his only intention is to wind people up. The only shocking thing is he wasn’t logged in at 4.51pm to get started :eek:

He’s just a troll mate. In what way does he exchange views, his only intention is to wind people up. The only shocking thing is he wasn’t logged in at 4.51pm to get started :eek:

At 4:51 we were still fucking winning!!!

Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhh.

(I am so unbelievably pissed off about yesterday - almost every single facet, the performance, the tactics, the ref)

Holistically we have to be proud of the season. The aim last season was to consolidate which we more than did nearly staying in it long enough for the playoffs, losing Coutts the only reason we didn't make the playoffs. This season the aim was to get into the playoffs we have done that, and all but for four late disasters (Rovrum away, Vanilla away, Bristol home and yesterday (although Bristol did us)) we would have gone up automatically as we would be 5 points clear of Leeds. We were close but like Leeds ride their luck with late goals the luck has gone the other way with us even though it has been of our own making.
Chris will look at this next season and we should be confident of going for it. Every season he has been here has been an improvement on the last.
Realistically it will be the playoffs and it is unlikely we will be promoted via that route, it will most likely be Vanilla. But the Prem would have been a bonus we have not lost anything.

Holistically we have to be proud of the season. The aim last season was to consolidate which we more than did nearly staying in it long enough for the playoffs, losing Coutts the only reason we didn't make the playoffs. This season the aim was to get into the playoffs we have done that, and all but for four late disasters (Rovrum away, Vanilla away, Bristol home and yesterday (although Bristol did us)) we would have gone up automatically as we would be 5 points clear of Leeds. We were close but like Leeds ride their luck with late goals the luck has gone the other way with us even though it has been of our own making.
Chris will look at this next season and we should be confident of going for it. Every season he has been here has been an improvement on the last.
Realistically it will be the playoffs and it is unlikely we will be promoted via that route, it will most likely be Vanilla. But the Prem would have been a bonus we have not lost anything.

Excellent post.

I agree with this, however as a note of caution, we will need serious investment.

Sharp/Duffy aren't getting younger.
Marine/Hogan/Dowell/Hendo will return to their clubs
We need cover at LWB/LCB, and that's before JOC potentially gets sold.

Two years ago Reading were one game away from the PL, they have spent the last 2 years in a relegation scrap.

I'm not saying we will do that, but football can change very very quickly, that why is so important to grab the opportunity we have this year...

I agree with this, however as a note of caution, we will need serious investment.
I'm not saying we will do that, but football can change very very quickly, that why is so important to grab the opportunity we have this year...

Some perspective.

Apart from Bolton and Wednesday (both for obvious reasons) all club accounts for 2017-18 have been filed. So it's possible to estimate the wage bills for this season based on those.

70 million +: Villa, Stoke, Swansea, West Brom
65-69m :
60-64m:
55-59m:
50-54m: Norwich
45-49m: Middlesbrough
40-44m: Derby
35-39m: Birmingham
30-34m: Hull, Leeds
25-29m: Bristol City, Forest, QPR, Reading, Wednesday
20-24m:
15-19m: Blackburn, Brentford, Ipswich, Millwall, Preston, UNITED
Less than 15m: Bolton, Rotherham, Wigan

Been on holiday for s couple of weeks and not seen us play, but it’s 3 points. We only need to win and Leeds lose to go second!

Now I’m not convinced we can get maximum points from our remaining games, but neither am I with Leeds.
And therein lies the problem.
We need them to stand any chance.

Two years ago Reading were one game away from the PL, they have spent the last 2 years in a relegation scrap.

Have a like. You're seeing the bigger picture.

Yes it was a good analysis but a bit half full. Sharp still has another season depending how this injury effects him. Duffy will still be a squad player and have an impact yes we will lose the loanees, but what impact did Hogan make? Dowell was ok but we can either get him for a full season or get another loan for that position, Hendo will go but we have a good deputy and can bring another keeper in, if Cardiff are relegated then Madine will return there or if they stay up we could recruit him.

JOC isn't guaranteed to go as he loves his role and no other club play it, and he wants to stay in the North to be near his missus. Also I think JOC has bought into the project. We will just have to see how the summer plays out. Remember Chris Wilder will do his usual thing, those that couldn't make the squad will go with our best wishes and massive thanks for their amazing contribution (Jake Wright for example) players that can improve what we do brought in. Evolution. He will have to bring in 2 strikers for Hogan / Madine (one may be Madine), one midfielder for the Duffy role, a goalie and cover for left wingback. That's five without destroying our shape and tactics, some of which will be loans.

this time of the season the pressures immense

some forget leeds lost at millwall a couple of weeks ago

norwich have just drawn with Wigan

Clarke can do us a big favour over Easter and notch against leeds

this time of the season the pressures immense

some forget leeds lost at millwall a couple of weeks ago

norwich have just drawn with Wigan

Clarke can do us a big favour over Easter and notch against leeds

I thought Leeds beat Millwall? Just........

Leeds look good for 2nd spot and they appear to keep playing an attacking minded game. The grunters wereucky Leeds didn't put 5 or 6 past them yesterday. As for us we haven't been playing the way that got us here and we look scared to go forward at times. He who dares will win but sadly that looks Like Leeds for me. Play offs would still be an amazing season and to finish 3rd would be immense on our budget, it's not like we're scraping in to the play offs.

Leeds look good for 2nd spot and they appear to keep playing an attacking minded game. The grunters wereucky Leeds didn't put 5 or 6 past them yesterday. As for us we haven't been playing the way that got us here and we look scared to go forward at times. He who dares will win but sadly that looks Like Leeds for me. Play offs would still be an amazing season and to finish 3rd would be immense on our budget, it's not like we're scraping in to the play offs.
That’s the horrible thing about the play-offs - it’s probably better in every way possible to just scrape in to them.

Back
Top Bottom