Now That Hurts....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They might have given their all today but it was still not good enough to get a single goal they failed unable to beat a 5th placed team at home.
The Gills came for a point and kept the point difference between the teams their mission accomplished.
It sounds like the players gave their all but they seem to have reached their level mid table league one players with a board that would do well in a league below.

I'm now nearly convinced that we'll put in a good run, far more contracts will be renewed that don't deserve to be, and we'll be straight back to square one with too big of a squad again next season. And right on cue they'll all start playing poorly again.
Are you taking any prescription medication ???image.jpeg

For a 0-0, it was a most enjoyable game. We've been so starved of entertainment this season that today (and last week v Walsall) stand out. As ever, though more questions than answers.

Why are our players suddenly invigorated? It can't be that Adkins is doing anything different, so I'm going for a 'dead cat bounce' - some players belatedly realise that they've let the club, the fans and themselves down and have decided to put a shift in. Will it earn them a new contract? I hope not. We want players who give their all from game one, not game 41.

A massive rebuilding is required. Close but no cigar today because we don't have the players to turn one point into three. And there was no point relying on subs to get those extra two points - there wasn't anybody on the bench who could turn the game.

So better today in terms of performance and tactics but our crossing is woeful and so was some of the finishing. Still a massive amount to do.

Finally, if McCabe decides to flog either Adams or Sharp, that's my lot.

I'm now nearly convinced that we'll put in a good run, far more contracts will be renewed that don't deserve to be, and we'll be straight back to square one with too big of a squad again next season. And right on cue they'll all start playing poorly again.

Well if you don't like it you don't have to go...

....oh hang on!

Adkins won't be fooled by a couple of good performances.

Adkins' Sheffield United will be much changed next season.

For a 0-0, it was a most enjoyable game. We've been so starved of entertainment this season that today (and last week v Walsall) stand out. As ever, though more questions than answers.

Why are our players suddenly invigorated? It can't be that Adkins is doing anything different, so I'm going for a 'dead cat bounce' - some players belatedly realise that they've let the club, the fans and themselves down and have decided to put a shift in. Will it earn them a new contract? I hope not. We want players who give their all from game one, not game 41.

A massive rebuilding is required. Close but no cigar today because we don't have the players to turn one point into three. And there was no point relying on subs to get those extra two points - there wasn't anybody on the bench who could turn the game.

So better today in terms of performance and tactics but our crossing is woeful and so was some of the finishing. Still a massive amount to do.

Finally, if McCabe decides to flog either Adams or Sharp, that's my lot.

...doesn't explain Coutts, he's got another year and has raised his game...a bit ;)

Pleased to hear of better performances but it's a sad state of affairs when failure to convert our good play against a Gillingham team is viewed as a positive.

Today sounds like a summary of our season. Not good enough to make the most of opportunities when they present themselves. A good performance at home to an over performing club doesn't fix what we've had to endure in recent times. Wins are what count.

Something I can only hope will be true but equally something there is huge doubt about.

He's given no reason to suggest we'll be renewing contracts.

He's mentioned quite a few times how people will be moving on.

A season of utter bullshit whatever they do now.

Putting contracts, managers and previous results aside for a minute..............

Bloody well played today Blades.

Everyone put a huge shift in, we only went sideways when we had to or when it was the right thing to do, the rest of the time we surged forward as a unit and it was great to watch.

Now.........can we do that for 46 games next season instead of just this one this season?

How can a ref reckon that playing advantage, rather than give the free kick just outside the box Is the correct decision! Idiot.

He's given no reason to suggest we'll be renewing contracts.

He's mentioned quite a few times how people will be moving on.
We'll wait and see. Surely you can see the danger in these performances acting as a smokescreen to our many, many faults this season?

Just as he might not have given any reason to suggest he'll be renewing contracts, I'd say he's shown a lot more evidence to suggest that he won't be unlikely to be fooled by a few good results at the end of a truly wretched campaign.

It'll all end in tears.

He was diabolical from start to finish, one of the worst all season and there's plenty of competition for that title in this division.

So was it a pen? It looked blatant from my position, but didn't think our players reacted in a way that suggested it was.

Bless him, he must be tired.
If only facts could be retrieved from the future. Unfortunately they can't at the moment, so statements like that have to remain as opinion for the time being. One for Dragons Den I suppose...

If only facts could be retrieved from the future. Unfortunately they can't at the moment, so statements like that have to remain as opinion for the time being. One for Dragons Den I suppose...

You can't retrieve facts from the future at all, there's no 'at the moment' about it. That would violate the natural laws of the universe.

As for Dragons Den. You said "I'm Out" in October....

We'll wait and see. Surely you can see the danger in these performances acting as a smokescreen to our many, many faults this season?

Just as he might not have given any reason to suggest he'll be renewing contracts, I'd say he's shown a lot more evidence to suggest that he won't be unlikely to be fooled by a few good results at the end of a truly wretched campaign.

It'll all end in tears.

All right what's your blue print for the future, day one after the Scunny game, imagine you are now in charge director of football what would you do?

Are you also worried a strong finish may mean Adkins will keep his job? Or would you be open to him staying if there are real positive signs for next season?

I'm sure many of the players have burned there bridges with him for next season. I hope so anyway. For him now it has to be more about finally figuring out how to be successful and consistent in this league again, after five years away from it, and gaining momentum as a club which suits his general positivity.

You can't retrieve facts from the future at all, there's no 'at the moment' about it. That would violate the natural laws of the universe.
There are technically ways you can retrieve facts from the future, but that's a quantum mechanics type thing that I'd rather not get into.

Mystic Barney predicting some players will have their contracts renewed...or is he?, just re-read it and it makes absolutely no sense.

"I'd say he's shown a lot more evidence to suggest that he won't be unlikely to be fooled by a few good results at the end of a truly wretched campaign"

Wtf is that supposed to mean?

Most are out of contract, some will be renewed as we're not gong to bring in 15 or so players.

If you're trying to say he'll be fooled into giving contracts out to those that don't deserve them by a few good performances, then name the contracts you think he'll renew?

Last edited:
There are technically ways you can retrieve facts from the future, but that's a quantum mechanics type thing that I'd rather not get into.

That would imply that the course of time is deterministic, for which there isn't the scantist bit of evidence for.

Are you also worried a strong finish may mean Adkins will keep his job? Or would you be open to him staying if there are real positive signs for next season?

I'm sure many of the players have burned there bridges with him for next season. I hope so anyway. For him now it has to be more about finally figuring out how to be successful and consistent in this league again, after five years away from it, and gaining momentum as a club which suits his general positivity.
Too little too late for me. He has shown too many signs that he will bugger next season up for it to be worth what a huge risk it would be for anyone taking charge of what should be a wide scale re build, let alone somebody that has shown in heaps of evidence that he isn't up to it. But then again I'm a cynical ruthless bastard that knows fuck all.

Is negativity a bit like cocaine in Barneyland?

That would imply that the course of time is deterministic, for which there isn't the scantist bit of evidence for.
Ok, take a simple example. You are stood on a field of grass, football in front of you, you have not yet kicked the ball but you know you want to and plan on doing so. The fact is that you are going to kick the ball, but as it has not yet happened, there is no way it can be a fact of present and therefore must be a fact of future.

It gets complicated as you could say that there is no way you can prove nothing is going to happen to the ball before you kick it, but likewise you also cannot prove that something will happen to the ball before you kick it. It can get even worse than that believe it or not but for the sake of your sanity and mine I'll leave it there for now.

Back
Top Bottom