CONFIRMED Incoming - Chris Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wilder has done very well and has never been given an easy job with any club , Red Adair type manager , I hope one day he does come here. I remember his love for the Blades in Kings Lynn years ago :)

Showing your age there Sitters!! :)

One for the future maybe, hes' done brilliantly in the last couple of year but a) he'd be bonkers to leave what he's achieving at Northampton now to take over our current lot and b) he has a job to finish there as well (like Dean Saunders did at Donny and that ended in tears for him, and like Lee Johnson did at Dingles and that could also backfire on him).

John. His son played for Middlewood Rovers against my son who was playing for AFC Dronfield. John used to sit a few rows in front of me in the South stand until he got fed up a few years ago even though his son still goes to watch the Blades

..... Aaaaand one non-league promotion in a 14 year managerial career.
yes bit like Nigel Clough's record, but he is doing well now and he needs to see that through to completion (unlike Clough did at Burton).

Why dont we line5 or 6 managers up then when they have had 10 or 15 games with no success try a differant one
WE NEED BETTER PLAYERS

He has won more trophies than that. He has done well at clubs considering the shoestring budgets
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Wilder
I think Wilder is probably a really good manager who's been stuck at clubs with zero resource. But canning a manager with Adkins CV because lots of fans are too moronic to see past our problems would be criminal (not that you're proposing that, I know).

UTB

Take a straw poll of united fans, and ask them which they'd rather have. The JPT (The only cup we're likely to win), or a promotion. I don't give a shit about any managers cup pedigree at the moment.
I havent said anything like "Sack Adkins and bring in Wilder". I am not interested in any straw poll. Remember the poor welcome Danny Wilson got and he was very unlucky not to get promotion. I just think you are being harsh on Wilder

I havent said anything like "Sack Adkins and bring in Wilder". I am not interested in any straw poll. Remember the poor welcome Danny Wilson got and he was very unlucky not to get promotion. I just think you are being harsh on Wilder

It's not about Wilder. It's about the fact that we've got an incumbent whose won three promotions out of this division, and has had the temerity of not being able to fire us to the top of the table at his first attempt with a shit squad. There's no reason to replace him at the moment. If we were in the same position next year, then yes, let's talk successors.

It's not about Wilder. It's about the fact that we've got an incumbent whose won three promotions out of this division, and has had the temerity of not being able to fire us to the top of the table at his first attempt with a shit squad. There's no reason to replace him at the moment. If we were in the same position next year, then yes, let's talk successors.
I am giving Adkins this season and next season to get us back to the Championship. I wouldnt support his sacking. If he resigns at the end of this season then I think Wilder would be my choice as our new manager

I am giving Adkins this season and next season to get us back to the Championship. I wouldnt support his sacking. If he resigns at the end of this season then I think Wilder would be my choice as our new manager

So what's the point about Wilder's credentials? It's utterly irrelevant at this juncture.

John. His son played for Middlewood Rovers against my son who was playing for AFC Dronfield. John used to sit a few rows in front of me in the South stand until he got fed up a few years ago even though his son still goes to watch the Blades
Played with Martin and David for white lion Chesterfield road, David was 15/16 at the time. Believe Dooley was instrumental in bringing him to the lane from rowlinson school.

Played with Martin and David for white lion Chesterfield road, David was 15/16 at the time. Believe Dooley was instrumental in bringing him to the lane from rowlinson school.
We signed David Frain from Dronfield United (Norton Woodseats) in 1985 when he was 22

The manager is the one thing that doesn't need changing.
New Owners, new players, new culture, new long strategy, new scouts (if we even have some).
All of that needs changing.

I'm not for getting rid of Adams but let's stop this 'he inhereted a @@@@ squad' nonsense cus it finished 5th last season and he has 'strengthened it' and we are now 10the !

Hes failed to address the centre half issue, signed old , slow players on loan and seems fixated on a player who doesn't want to come to us.

So far I'd give him a grade C-

Wilder must have summat about him. It's not every manager that gets an album named after him by The Teardrop Explodes...

I'm not for getting rid of Adams but let's stop this 'he inhereted a @@@@ squad' nonsense cus it finished 5th last season and he has 'strengthened it' and we are now 10the !

Hes failed to address the centre half issue, signed old , slow players on loan and seems fixated on a player who doesn't want to come to us.

So far I'd give him a grade C-
We lost our best player who I think got us 15-20 points from his goals and assists alone, never mind what else he brought to the team. Last year we were also quite fortunate that so many other teams got less points as another year we could have finished 7th.

He's doing a good job at Northampton, but we have a manager.

Hopefully he gets them promoted and continues to improve them and then the next time we are in need of a manager he comes in. It would be nice to get a manager on an upward curve as opposed to picking up ones who've been sacked for past failures all the time.

After years of ridiculing Chris Wilder for manager, we are slowly but surely sinking to his level :confused:

100% behind Adkins, but when the time comes, I reckon Wilder will be in contention.

But will he turn out to be the next Warnock :), or Adams :(??

We signed David Frain from Dronfield United (Norton Woodseats) in 1985 when he was 22
wasnt sure about the rowlinson part of it, but he did play for the white lion when he was younger.
The game against springwood standing out, because of the interest in him at the time, they tried to snap him in half.

Disagree. Chris Wilder has a lot of attributes needed to be a successful manager. It's often the not so known managers that thrive in this division. He'd be very suited to what we want and what we're trying to achieve, particularly in the summer. I'd be delighted if we got him in, first step is to get rid of Adkins though, which as you mention will probably only happen if he resigns or there's some sort of mutual agreement to part ways. It'd definitely be a step in the right direction.

CW has been in charge of the Cobblers for two years now, yet you want Adkins out after 8-9 months.

I don't get your logic at all.

This club has been too big for some fairly big managers in the past, would Chris Wilder be able to handle a club like ours with it expectations ???

CW has been in charge of the Cobblers for two years now, yet you want Adkins out after 8-9 months.

I don't get your logic at all.

If you look at Wilder's record as a manager it is VERY similar to Nigel Clough's before he joined us. Been a manager now for 14 years and he has achieved very little in that time - one promotion with Oxford in 2010. He's done quite well of late with the Cobblers but they haven't gone up yet.

After years of ridiculing Chris Wilder for manager, we are slowly but surely sinking to his level :confused:

100% behind Adkins, but when the time comes, I reckon Wilder will be in contention.

But will he turn out to be the next Warnock :), or Adams :(??

Trenton , to me I have nowt against Chris Wilder and good luck to the guy . He is more Adams than Warnock IMO.

We have to stick with Adkins , we cannot afford to get rid of him both from building a first team squad and financially . This summer is make or break time , as we all know.

Yep we are sinking .

UTB

Back
Top Bottom