Stephen Bettis speaks to local Media

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I presume they feel that either the value of the club has reduced since purchase and so they're trying to get the prince to share that liability, or they feel the prince misled them in the valuation of the club when he sold it. If the latter is true, that would change my view of whether the new owners are acting with good principles or not, I'd be of the same view if they were genuinely misled, for example debts or other liabilities were hidden.
there seems to have been a couple of things - the bramall lane stand seems to be quite major and is being played down, there seems to be very little progress made which the Dore site compared to what we were told before (they don’t even have planning permission or even started public consultation yet).

It could be as simple as they want to extend the runway for payments because the club missed out on promotion and that’s altered the plans.
 



Brother of Jack 😆
Part of a super rich family who has recently become a director of our 1919 ownership company. Apparently he's been to the Lane a few times and caught the bug. Let's hope the bug bites him to such an extent that he invests in us.
Well, I know you cant save everyone but hopefully Tim, Jack and Ryan can save us.
 
I've not been able to keep up with the discussion on here, and it seems to relate largely to the transfer of the club.

But specifically talking about the amount owed to the prince, which was verified by Bettis, have we any indication as to why they feel they should pay less?

I presume they feel that either the value of the club has reduced since purchase and so they're trying to get the prince to share that liability, or they feel the prince misled them in the valuation of the club when he sold it. If the latter is true, that would change my view of whether the new owners are acting with good principles or not, I'd be of the same view if they were genuinely misled, for example debts or other liabilities were hidden.
Keiron McGuire feels they got the club at a bit of a discount so based on that I can’t see how PA misled them in terms of the price.
He also thinks they wanted to flip it quickly upon promotion for a quick profit, so if that’s true the current issue is that it’s been a bad investment and they want out without further losses.
Unfortunately for them thats not how contract law works.
 
Keiron McGuire feels they got the club at a bit of a discount so based on that I can’t see how PA misled them in terms of the price.
Doubt the club was ever worth more than 100m. It was a Championship club and still is. Think WBA got sold for £60m. I know we still had parachute payments
I wouldnt take McGuires word on that. He doesnt know the ins and outs of the deal or if The Prince misled / hid stuff from them

He also thinks they wanted to flip it quickly upon promotion for a quick profit

Just one mans opinion. Could be true might not be
 
Keiron McGuire feels they got the club at a bit of a discount so based on that I can’t see how PA misled them in terms of the price.
He also thinks they wanted to flip it quickly upon promotion for a quick profit, so if that’s true the current issue is that it’s been a bad investment and they want out without further losses.
Unfortunately for them thats not how contract law works.
Kieran Maguire, more often than not, doesn’t know what he’s talking about.
 
Apologies if already posted, however I'm not sure why it wasn't more widely known, especially by our local journalists, that Tim Ryan hadn't passed the IFR Fit and Proper Test. I literally Googled "Tim Ryan Sheffield United" and about 3 stories down was this - https://www.footballregulator.org.uk/people/timothy-ryan-sheffield-united

 
That was a blatantly obvious question to ask so really not sure why it wasn’t.
From a personal point of view and being non season ticket holder scum, when available, I always sit on the upper tier so not being able to, definitely affects my decision whether to go or not.
My ST's been in the middle of the kop for decades but the value of the BLUT is that non-ST folk get a brilliant view and casual attenders are thus more likely to attend more frequently.
 

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom