Stephen Bettis speaks to local Media

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?




Not one question on Wilder, don't be fooled by Rob's pressing. You can see Radio Sheffield agenda from the outset.

This is why I don't rate the local press, not that we didn't get some answers from Bettis but they are all most likely similar ones he had just given Danny Hall.
Because if they questioned wilder, he'd have likely cut them off from all future press work.
 
He and his BBC colleagues were shot down by Bettis claiming the EFL and Regulator had never been told
He confirmed the authorities hadn't been informed of the share transfer until after.
I refuse to believe not one fan sent any questions in about Wilder. No bias at all at Radio Sheffield. :rolleyes:
If you'd listened you would know there were multiple questions on Wilder. Probably too busy screeching about the RS agenda on here. Your reaction sums you up. Obsessed with critiquing the interviewer. Desperate to paint him as biased because he hasn't spent an hour talk about Wilder. You couldn't care less about any of the answers.
 
He confirmed the authorities hadn't been informed of the share transfer until after.

If you'd listened you would know there were multiple questions on Wilder. Probably too busy screeching about the RS agenda on here. Your reaction sums you up. Obsessed with critiquing the interviewer. Desperate to paint him as biased because he hasn't spent an hour talk about Wilder. You couldn't care less about any of the answers.

Asking questions from Darren Smith.

It was biased, you are telling me he doesn’t know who he is?
 
What Wilder question did you want asking?
The one asked about if any plans have been put in place to stop another selles disaster ie how much influence wilder has in each department and having a structure in place, was completely glossed over and swerved by Bettis like a career politician, whilst I appreciate he answered it as we will interview number of managers, it wasnt what the question was getting at.

Should have pressed more on that subject.

I would have liked to hear a question and and answer regarding if he thinks the duo act (sb & cw) are juggling too much, and could do with some help behind the scene to lessen the burden such as a dof / TD. But im not to disheartened beacuse i didnt text or send my question in, but I think it was a better question than the would u resign and gone stale one put to him.
 
Asking questions from Darren Smith.

It was biased, you are telling me he doesn’t know who he is?
He asked multiple questions from the fans on Wilder. You either didn't listen or you're so hysterical you didn't pay attention.

I don't even know who Darren Smith is but obviously asking questions from fans you don't like is unneceptable as well now. There were multiple questions anyway. If you'd listened properly you'd know that.

Your reaction to this is silly.
 
He was a successful and well regarded manager before joining us, let's not rewrite history.
Where?
And what did he achieve afterwards?

He got a young Reading side playing better but didn’t achieve anything.

He had a Hull side that struggled and was Meh. His 3-0 win at the Lane was against the run of play and wasn’t a tactical exhibition it was dogged defending, luck, and a come of clinical finishes from turnovers. Plus mistakes from our lot.

He was gash, out of his depth and useless so, please, let’s not rewrite history.
 
of course the less spent this season the more we can regroup and go again next season. were in a transitional period let see where we are in 5 years time i remember prince Abdullah saying we would be in the premier league in 5 years time when he took over and it took 6.

you've got to take the sweets with the sour's and enjoy the ride or get off, we are seeing progress every year for last 10 years sometimes slower but progress is progress.

If the club gambled like some of our supporters would like to see we wouldn't have a club.
What progress are we seeing this season then? And what makes you think the club will be in a position, or willing, "to go for it" next season!?

The club is going backwards
 
Damned if you do, damned if you don’t interview.

We have ‘new’ owners but are in the same boat as with previous owners in that we are still ’looking for investment’.

My main concern is the lack of interest/future planning for the club. We appear to have half-arsed owners exemplified by the getting rid of Knill to provide ‘a pathway for younger coaches’ BS.

UTB.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: sam
He asked multiple questions from the fans on Wilder. You either didn't listen or you're so hysterical you didn't pay attention.

I don't even know who Darren Smith is but obviously asking questions from fans you don't like is unneceptable as well now. There were multiple questions anyway. If you'd listened properly you'd know that.

Your reaction to this is silly.

You don’t know who Darren is?

That explains a lot and I now know why people have you on ignore.

Crack on trolling. 👍
 
He confirmed the authorities hadn't been informed of the share transfer until after.

If you'd listened you would know there were multiple questions on Wilder. Probably too busy screeching about the RS agenda on here. Your reaction sums you up. Obsessed with critiquing the interviewer. Desperate to paint him as biased because he hasn't spent an hour talk about Wilder. You couldn't care less about any of the answers.

I did. There were two, from fans.
He confirmed the authorities hadn't been informed of the share transfer until after.

If you'd listened you would know there were multiple questions on Wilder. Probably too busy screeching about the RS agenda on here. Your reaction sums you up. Obsessed with critiquing the interviewer. Desperate to paint him as biased because he hasn't spent an hour talk about Wilder. You couldn't care less about any of the answers.


You clearly didn’t listen then. Bettis clearly said they were informed although the EFL were not informed until the day after the share transfer. (The next question should have been why did that happen?) Staton has repeatedly claimed the authorities were NOT informed, quoting a BBC colleague.

If two is a multiple then you are of course correct. No doubt you’ll be too busy to point out questions, 3,4,5 etc. One of them was the daft job for life question only for a bigger idiot to read it out on air.

I’ve not mentioned bias - as usual you misquote, misrepresent and well, lie to try and prove a point. Your track record is there for all to see.

For someone who has a lot to say not knowing who Darren Smith is makes me wonder if you just use the search facility daily for “Wilder” to gripe about and ignore anything else to do with the club.

The only one coming across as hysterical - along with calling posters dumb and repeated mendacity being your total armoury - is you.
 
You don’t know who Darren is?

That explains a lot and I now know why people have you on ignore.

Crack on trolling. 👍
Ok I've googled. Hes that accountant guy. Brilliant. Do you think you not liking a fan and therefore thinking Radio Sheffield have an agenda for asking a question from that fan is rational or do you think maybe you're getting too obsessed with this?
 
When CW or SB talk. All I is hear is constant waffle.
Thank God it's not Blue Waffle ....
 



I did. There were two, from fans.
Ye thats multiple Sean.
Bettis clearly said they were informed although the EFL were not informed until the day after the share transfer. (The next question should have been why did that happen?) Staton has repeatedly claimed the authorities were NOT informed, quoting a BBC colleague.
Telling someone after you've done it isnt informing them of it. From your last line I don't think you understand that. Telling them after it's done isnt informing them its happening.

I’ve not mentioned bias - as usual you misquote, misrepresent and well, lie to try and prove a point. Your track record is thh by ere for all to see.
Never said you were biased. Was saying it to Bladesman.
For someone who has a lot to say not knowing who Darren Smith is makes me wonder if you just use the search facility daily for “Wilder” to gripe about and ignore anything else to do with the club.
I know him now just had to remind because I'm not absolutely obsessed with slagging off and making up agendas of any united fan with slight significance. This is a you issue.
 
Ye thats multiple Sean.

Telling someone after you've done it isnt informing them of it. From your last line I don't think you understand that. Telling them after it's done isnt informing them its happening.


Never said you were biased. Was saying it to Bladesman.

I know him now just had to remind because I'm not absolutely obsessed with slagging off and making up agendas of any united fan with slight significance. This is a you issue.

1. So two. As pointed out, ad nauseum. From fans, one pretty stupid.

2. They were informed, albeit for God knows why one of them a day late. That’s informing them. Because they were informed!

3. This was in a reply to me….

“Desperate to paint him as biased because he hasn't spent an hour talk about Wilder”


4. Of course you do. Now. The laughable bit is your obsession with having a go at any fan not having the same fixation you have with our manager. Whatever that is.
 
I’ve not mentioned bias - as usual you misquote, misrepresent and well, lie to try and prove a point. Your track record is there for all to see.
You're a person who pretended you'd never seen any hate towards Chris Wilder on this board until a month ago.

My track record is there for all to see yes. I'll debate you on the actual substance all day long. I'll be as polite as you want. Because I actually believe my argument. Your argument is Wilder is shit and every local reporter has an agenda against us.

That's your entire argument which is why you could never get into a real debate with me. Which is why you come out with your nonsense about lies and trolling.
 
That was a blatantly obvious question to ask so really not sure why it wasn’t.
From a personal point of view and being non season ticket holder scum, when available, I always sit on the upper tier so not being able to, definitely affects my decision whether to go or not.
There will be a few like you. I'm a non-st holder and tend to go in the BL upper too. If you're unwilling to pay more, only alternative is the kop.

Wonder if the Fan Advisory Board were consulted before we decided to close one of our stands.
 
They were informed, albeit for God knows why one of them a day late. That’s informing them. Because they were informed!
Ye the entire point here is that you need to do it before. You must understand that. You can't possibly not understand why that's an issue.

3. This was in a reply to me….
Yes and Bladesman. Go back and look. Jesus Christ how long do you spend on here and you are confused by multiple quotes
 
The club is on a massive downward spiral. This International break has actually felt like a relief to be away from the shitshow that is united. I could see attendances dropping massively next season even if we do manage to stay up. I can't see how these owners will ever recoup what they paid
 
The club is on a massive downward spiral. This International break has actually felt like a relief to be away from the shitshow that is united. I could see attendances dropping massively next season even if we do manage to stay up. I can't see how these owners will ever recoup what they paid
I've been bored stiff for the past 3 weeks! give me this mess over paper aeroplanes at Wembley any time. It might be a mess, but its our mess. :D
 
I've been bored stiff for the past 3 weeks! give me this mess over paper aeroplanes at Wembley any time. It might be a mess, but its our mess. :D
Usually im the same, but this one has actually felt a relief to not get stressed and wound up at the weekend.

Cant say im particularly looking forward to Lincoln either as think there is a good chance they will turn us over.

I can only go on what I see on the pitch and it's an utter shambles
 
You're a person who pretended you'd never seen any hate towards Chris Wilder on this board until a month ago.

My track record is there for all to see yes. I'll debate you on the actual substance all day long. I'll be as polite as you want. Because I actually believe my argument. Your argument is Wilder is shit and every local reporter has an agenda against us.

That's your entire argument which is why you could never get into a real debate with me. Which is why you come out with your nonsense about lies and trolling.

I believe our initial debate involved you making things up. “Ham faced cunt” remind you of anything. That was a direct claim from you that you’d made up. As you eventuallly accepted.

You must have misread my recent post saying we should stick with Wilder although l suppose through your tears you believe it said stab him or something.


Your actual method of debate is to tell people they are dumb, lack understanding now adding “you arent able to debate with me” for effect. Thats really immature take on things.? Accuracy isn’t important to you as we’ve seen and you’re unable to brook any criticism of Wilder without a weeping and a wailing. In short you don’t debate at all.
 
I believe our initial debate involved you making things up. “Ham faced cunt” remind you of anything. That was a direct claim from you that you’d made up. As you eventuallly accepted
Oh yes it was cunt and ham faced in different messages or something. Which you class as me lying about Wilder abuse. But you were being completely honest saying you'd never seen any hate. You don't think maybe you're being slightly disingenuous here?

Your actual method of debate is to tell people they are dumb, lack understanding now adding “you arent able to debate with me” for effect. Thats really immature take on things.? Accuracy isn’t important to you as we’ve seen and you’re unable to brook any criticism of Wilder without a weeping and a wailing. In short you don’t debate at all.
Ye you personally aren't able to. That's why you pretend I lie all the time but actually its stuff like the above. I dont lie to try and win arguments. I may take something to mean different to it's intention but I don't lie. I don't need to because I believe what I'm saying.

Would you class Bladesman as lying when he said there were no Wilder questions? It would be silly to call him a liar for that but you do that with me.

Like I say I'll debate all day long without this pathetic oooh you're a liar rubbish but you never could.
 
Ye the entire point here is that you need to do it before. You must understand that. You can't possibly not understand why that's an issue.


Yes and Bladesman. Go back and look. Jesus Christ how long do you spend on here and you are confused by multiple quotes


Well yes, it is an issue, that’s why l said the next question should have been why? It’s amatuerish. However they were informed. Staton said repeatedly they weren’t. Many times after the late day.

Why would you reply to me with a quote you addressed to another member unless you were making the same point to me. It doesn’t make sense. Plus it doesn’t show as a multi quote.

You really aren’t very good at this. Hopefully you aren’t a grown man.
 
The one asked about if any plans have been put in place to stop another selles disaster ie how much influence wilder has in each department and having a structure in place, was completely glossed over and swerved by Bettis like a career politician, whilst I appreciate he answered it as we will interview number of managers, it wasnt what the question was getting at.

Should have pressed more on that subject.

I would have liked to hear a question and and answer regarding if he thinks the duo act (sb & cw) are juggling too much, and could do with some help behind the scene to lessen the burden such as a dof / TD. But im not to disheartened beacuse i didnt text or send my question in, but I think it was a better question than the would u resign and gone stale one put to him.
This was the one question where I thought he could have been pressed a bit further. The main thrust of the answer was that we wouldn't have Bord involved and we would interview more than one candidate. What it didn't address is that there are not many managers out there that are working under the structure we have and would be used to be having something akin to a technical director / DOF alongside them to look after recruitment, long term squad planning etc.

Overall I thought he was honest with his answers and didn't dodge any of the questions. There was some where he was limited in what he could say for obvious reasons. I am not sure we learned anything new but did confirm a lot of things that we kind of knew already. Not sure we have a long term plan of moving the club forward but are just trying to hold things together until the owners decide how they want to proceed.
 
Well yes, it is an issue, that’s why l said the next question should have been why? It’s amatuerish. However they were informed. Staton said repeatedly they weren’t. Many times after the late day.
Ye and obviously he means they weren't informed in advance which is what they needed to do. You must understand that. The point they've transferred the shares and told the EFL after it's happened.

Rob Staton is completely in the right here and the fact you criticise him for it is totally unfair.

Why would you reply to me with a quote you addressed to another member unless you were making the same point to me. It doesn’t make sense. Plus it doesn’t show as a multi quote.
I quoted both of you Sean. This is the level of debate though isnt. You now want to argue if I replied to you with a quote from someone and am now lying about it. Anything to avoid debating the actual substance. Look what happens above when you try. You completely miss the crucial point and are whinging about Rob's wording.

Whatever you think im not good at I'm better than you. You cant argue your points at all you just start with your pretty semantics.
 



Bang on,it will look a lot worse next season when more empty seats appear. People are getting fed up week by week,3k down on our own support,good job the away following has been sold out more or less. I’m astonished by the shocking decisions made over the last 2 seasons and the old boys club running the show is still intact.
If we're winning then people will come.

If we're losing people won't come.

T'was ever thus, and is nothing to do with how many stands are open.
 

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom