Tanganga song.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?




There's at least two flags in this style been printed and out and about too.
Yeah, stickers were all over the away end today.

That and the one with Barry Bannon wanking dogs.... Where do you even get these printed?!?!?!
 
I'm a bit loathe. But my head is already above the parapet. Here's my "considered opinion" after hearing the song in Bochum. A key point I'll highlight is that Kick It Out view similar chants as discriminatory.

ps I'm Woke...

 
I'm a bit loathe. But my head is already above the parapet. Here's my "considered opinion" after hearing the song in Bochum. A key point I'll highlight is that Kick It Out view similar chants as discriminatory.

ps I'm Woke...


I think it's meant as a compliment.
 
I think it's meant as a compliment.
I covered that point in my Blog. No question, that chant puts us in unusual circumstances. It's clearly not a hate chant, aimed at a particular player, referencing his ethnicity. Which is how we would normally experience a chant that is racist.

But, my view (and the view of Kick It Out, and some prominent Black players) is that it is discriminatory on the grounds of ethnicity.

Some Black athletes, notably Linford Christie, have spoken emotionally about how references to their genitals have negatively impacted their lives.

Over history, Black men have been portrayed as others, as different, as beasts, as animals, to be feared, as invaders, as dangerous, as sexual predators who are going to rape “our” women. Tropes about the size of Black Men's genitals have been a central part of that othering. That is why I (and others) view the chant as discriminatory. Even if it's meant as a compliment.
 
I covered that point in my Blog. No question, that chant puts us in unusual circumstances. It's clearly not a hate chant, aimed at a particular player, referencing his ethnicity. Which is how we would normally experience a chant that is racist.

But, my view (and the view of Kick It Out, and some prominent Black players) is that it is discriminatory on the grounds of ethnicity.

Some Black athletes, notably Linford Christie, have spoken emotionally about how references to their genitals have negatively impacted their lives.

Over history, Black men have been portrayed as others, as different, as beasts, as animals, to be feared, as invaders, as dangerous, as sexual predators who are going to rape “our” women. Tropes about the size of Black Men's genitals have been a central part of that othering. That is why I (and others) view the chant as discriminatory. Even if it's meant as a compliment.

People comment on my tackle in the same way all the time. It neither makes me big headed nor phases me.
 
It's obvious people are going to take a position on this chant. I know I have.

A simple point I am trying to make is - fine, take the position in support of the chant if you want, chant it if you want, stick the stickers, fly the flag. But you should know that the leading organisation aimed at tackling discrimination in football, Kick It Out, state that chants of this nature are discriminatory.

They've taken a position.
 
If Kick it out think it’s racist then it shouldn’t be sung, given it’s an organisation run by black people and other minority ethnic groups who think it’s racist and they’re much better placed to consider the impact of singing it rather than the (almost all white) people singing it in the stands who think it’s funny. I don’t know whether Tanganga finds it funny as suggested, but laughing along when the subject of a racist joke is quite a common response to experiencing racism. We don’t know whether he’s uncomfortable with it; he might not care, but it’s not just about him either. Fetishising the size of a black person’s penis is racist and there’s a horrible historical context to this - read James Baldwin ‘going to meet the man’ if you can’t figure out why. Stop singing it
 
Is it possible for you to comment in this football forum without it being directly related to far right propaganda ?
Is hating people your entire existence ?
Check my posting history, it's readily available and you might be presently surprised. Actually, just surprised, as I don't think you do pleasant, do you.

dO yOuR rEsEaRcH
 



People who cry about football chants are equal or worse than.

Plod
Referees
Journalists
Politicians
Snitches

feel free to add more
 

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom