CONFIRMED Kalvin Phillips

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I said it would take weeks to get match fit. It would for any player who hasnt played matches regularly. How many depends on the player's fitness. Why are you so upset about someone simply stating common knowledge? Grow up man 🤣

So you still don’t know, “simply stating” sounds about right…
 



Yes, I'm boring. I'm also a donut. I was only thinking the other day as I recorded my radio show and put together a few more ideas for my third and fourth books based on the scrapes I've got into whilst being boring and a donut that what I really need to do is get a life.
Never boring.

I do wonder what flavour doughnut you are though? 😂 👍
 
I thought it was telling in his interview that the interviewer didn’t ask the obligatory question of how fit he is so that he can reply with he’s in the best shape of his career and he’s raring to go. For me that obviously means he’s going to need 3 weeks to get up to speed. We’ve got adequate depth to deal with that. If we’re patient with him in very confident we’ve got a proper player.
Did the interviewer ask him about the weather?
 
United fans love to view things negatively. Many on here are predicting a bottom half finish.

If we take a step back and look at the squad on paper (i've added Souttar and Jack Clarke), that is a fantastic squad of players for the Championship. Easily a top 8 squad.

Here's our default formation
View attachment 241847

But then we have players to mix it up.

3-4-1-2
View attachment 241848

4-2-4 (which we often play)
View attachment 241849

Flat 3 in midfield in a 4-3-1-2
View attachment 241850

Or even an attacking 4-3-3
View attachment 241851

I'd like to see Jack Clarke, or even Brereton-Diaz come in for the 1st choice left side.

Think we need a CAM to challenge O'Hare too - Mehmeti? What's McAtee up to at Forest?

If we could use the wages saved on Hamer to get 2 high profile loans like McAtee and Clarke, we're top 4
Swap McCallum for Burrows, and I think you're not far off. Though I suspect Clarke is wishful thinking.
 
Judging by your profile you need a life there mate spend way too much time on here and i can imagine what else aswell chatting pure b0llocks as usual spend most of your waking day on here by the looks of you might wanna get out more & get off the screentime thinking you're clever can imagine your keyboards stuck together amount your on the f4cker
How very dare you, with your 31 messages in six years, Greenwich Blade is virtually forum royalty, very close at the top of the pecking order, probably second only to Bert!
 
If this paves the way for Jack Clarke and Joe Gelhardt, I'm all in. UTMOTB
 
United fans love to view things negatively. Many on here are predicting a bottom half finish.

If we take a step back and look at the squad on paper (i've added Souttar and Jack Clarke), that is a fantastic squad of players for the Championship. Easily a top 8 squad.

Here's our default formation
View attachment 241847

But then we have players to mix it up.

3-4-1-2
View attachment 241848

4-2-4 (which we often play)
View attachment 241849

Flat 3 in midfield in a 4-3-1-2
View attachment 241850

Or even an attacking 4-3-3
View attachment 241851

I'd like to see Jack Clarke, or even Brereton-Diaz come in for the 1st choice left side.

Think we need a CAM to challenge O'Hare too - Mehmeti? What's McAtee up to at Forest?

If we could use the wages saved on Hamer to get 2 high profile loans like McAtee and Clarke, we're top 4
IF we get the right centre back and left winger I think we could surprise a few IF we stay clear of injuries.

I think we will be hard working and difficult to break down out of possession. IF we get Souttar I think we’ll be a menace at set-pieces and IF we keep Bamford fit I think we’ll be a danger at the other end.

I can understand DB predicting 14th but we could just as much “do a Hull” IF fitness and the correct next two signings come off.

Would also be great to shift some of the deadwood this week or so.
 
Is it just me that is underwhelmed by the signing of KP? Of course there must be a player in there otherwise Man City wouldn't have signed him but since that move he has done nothing. That said more talented players than him have failed at City just look at Jack Grealish. If we can get him back to the form that got him to the England squad we will have a player, one with a nasty streak, I'll forgive him the sending off v the pigs and put that down to not being up to speed having not played much football. That is my other concern his fitness and does this signal the departure of Peck.
 



Yes, I'm boring. I'm also a donut. I was only thinking the other day as I recorded my radio show and put together a few more ideas for my third and fourth books based on the scrapes I've got into whilst being boring and a donut that what I really need to do is get a life.
Jammy bastard
 
Is it just me that is underwhelmed by the signing of KP? Of course there must be a player in there otherwise Man City wouldn't have signed him but since that move he has done nothing. That said more talented players than him have failed at City just look at Jack Grealish. If we can get him back to the form that got him to the England squad we will have a player, one with a nasty streak, I'll forgive him the sending off v the pigs and put that down to not being up to speed having not played much football. That is my other concern his fitness and does this signal the departure of Peck.
Nope. I’m reasonably whelmed.
Wait and see.
Could be decent could be bobbar.
Far from a disaster.


Look where lightweight league one Louie ended up.
 
United fans love to view things negatively. Many on here are predicting a bottom half finish.

If we take a step back and look at the squad on paper (i've added Souttar and Jack Clarke), that is a fantastic squad of players for the Championship. Easily a top 8 squad.

Here's our default formation
View attachment 241847

But then we have players to mix it up.

3-4-1-2
View attachment 241848

4-2-4 (which we often play)
View attachment 241849

Flat 3 in midfield in a 4-3-1-2
View attachment 241850

Or even an attacking 4-3-3
View attachment 241851

I'd like to see Jack Clarke, or even Brereton-Diaz come in for the 1st choice left side.

Think we need a CAM to challenge O'Hare too - Mehmeti? What's McAtee up to at Forest?

If we could use the wages saved on Hamer to get 2 high profile loans like McAtee and Clarke, we're top 4

Totally agree. The only thing stopping the squad on paper getting into top 6 is Wilder and his ineffective tactical plan B/subs when losing.
 
In Wilders presser yesterday he said he wouldn’t be available for a few games whilst he gets up to speed. Not injured.
Good plan as well, we threw him in last season and that probably caused the injury that ended his season.
 
Me and my mate saw him the other day.

We shouted, "KALVO!".

He didn't appreciate it and I'm sure he said fuck off under his breath.

You win some, you lose some.

KALVO!

😅😅
 
I wasn’t too concerned whether he came or not and I understand the concern by many of the fan base regarding his injury record and performance levels. However what has been mentioned somewhere, that City were paying the vast majority of his wages and we were contributing only around £15k a week. Now IF that is true and IF he can have a good season reasonably injury free and he ups his levels, then the cost to the Club to have him here for the full season, only amounts to the programme sales each match day. May put things more in perspective.
 
How can a player with no injury not be fit for the opening game?
Even if he’s been training with the youth squad, he surely must be fit to at least be on the bench?
 
How can a player with no injury not be fit for the opening game?
Even if he’s been training with the youth squad, he surely must be fit to at least be on the bench?
Stupid decision at this time of recruitment ,maybe he was easier to sign than the proper players needed for positions !!!.
 
How can a player with no injury not be fit for the opening game?
Even if he’s been training with the youth squad, he surely must be fit to at least be on the bench?
Wilder made it quite clear in his press conference. He tends to have 2 starting cm, 2 on rhe bench, at any point in the season, 15-20% of them will be injured. So 5 is the number he wants.

It does raise the question on what Shackleton is actually going to be doing for this big season of his?!
 
Wilder made it quite clear in his press conference. He tends to have 2 starting cm, 2 on rhe bench, at any point in the season, 15-20% of them will be injured. So 5 is the number he wants.

It does raise the question on what Shackleton is actually going to be doing for this big season of his?!
Making high seats
 



All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom