KMC-1889
Well-Known Member
- Joined
- Jul 3, 2025
- Messages
- 2,750
- Reaction score
- 7,900
Only on the signings that turn out to be decent apparently.Surely CW has a say on recruitment.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?
Only on the signings that turn out to be decent apparently.Surely CW has a say on recruitment.
So what you’re saying is they improved after he left?11 games into the season, after finishing 7th the season before.
Xg said they would improve as they were essentially just not clinical under Wilder. Got goals went up the table.So what you’re saying is they improved after he left?
I bet Steve Gibson is gutted he sacked Wilder.
Dont ask silly questions! I wonder if some Boro fans were still blaming Wilder for a sh1t pre season and awful signings nearly a year later?So almost as bad as Selles then?
How did Carrick get on with the same squad?
His contract was upBettis essentially said he was moved on as he was too old! Wanted younger coaches as that is the trend for managers now. BTW Wilder only 2 years younger than Knill!
Knill could file a grievance for constructive dismissal by ageism!
I don’t know if it was or not, but ask yourself why Knilly was shocked with the decision, especially when/if he and Wilder were so close.His contract was up
Only to anoraks.Xg said they would improve as they were essentially just not clinical under Wilder. Got goals went up the table.
Almost like xg has some merit
Nope. Almost everyone in football knows there's at least SOME thing in it. From Wilder to Pep and everyone expect dads in pubsOnly to anoraks.
Nope. Almost everyone in football knows there's at least SOME thing in it. From Wilder to Pep and everyone expect dads in
Well I suppose being called " a dad in the pub" is an improvement on being called a cunt and aWednesday fan all because I dont agree with the cult of xg.Nope. Almost everyone in football knows there's at least SOME thing in it. From Wilder to Pep and everyone expect dads in pubs
Well I suppose being called " a dad in the pub" is an improvement on being called a cunt and aWednesday fan all because I dont agree with the cult of xg.
I thought Wilder, Knill and Prestridge all signed deals till 2027 when they returned last season? Be odd to give the other 2 different deals or only give Knill a 10 month contract (Sept to July)?His contract was up
Its not something to use alone but if you can't see it has its merits and isn't only used by anoraks then I don't know.... Even managers mocked for being old school like "Big Sam" have been using data and the like for decadesWell I suppose being called " a dad in the pub" is an improvement on being called a cunt and aWednesday fan all because I dont agree with the cult of xg.
I dont disagree about big Sam, he was one of the first managers when at Bolton to introduce sports science into football. Wilder himself often talks of "the numbers" which he obviosly means the data. The problem is, supporters place too much emphasis on xg alone. It means naff all. Im with Steve Macken on xg.Its not something to use alone but if you can't see it has its merits and isn't only used by anoraks then I don't know.... Even managers mocked for being old school like "Big Sam" have been using data and the like for decades
It seems your possibility right ,so will have been paid up under the clauses in the contractI thought Wilder, Knill and Prestridge all signed deals till 2027 when they returned last season? Be odd to give the other 2 different deals or only give Knill a 10 month contract (Sept to July)?
I said xg has some merit. You said only to anoraks. I think we are in agreement it does have some merit in the end.I dont disagree about big Sam, he was one of the first managers when at Bolton to introduce sports science into football. Wilder himself often talks of "the numbers" which he obviosly means the data. The problem is, supporters place too much emphasis on xg alone. It means naff all. Im with Steve Macken on xg.
So as I said before, sacked, contract terminated, however you dress it up!It seems your possibility right ,so will have been paid up under the clauses in the contract
Yes the anoraks that just quote xg . At the end of the season there will be an xg table, soley for xg ratings. The anoraks will copy and paste it to try prove that xg is the be all and end all. You watch. If you dont expect goals every match you have a big problem.I said xg has some merit. You said only to anoraks. I think we are in agreement it does have some merit in the end.
Of course it's not everything as if you create 20 great chances but have a shit striker or shit keeper who lets pearollers in its not telling the results in games but that's pretty extreme and even then useful for pointing out issues if you aren't able to see them with your own two eyes anyway!
Wilder next....Bettis essentially said he was moved on as he was too old! Wanted younger coaches as that is the trend for managers now. BTW Wilder only 2 years younger than Knill!
Knill could file a grievance for constructive dismissal by ageism!
But will have been fully paid up under the clauses in his contract ,so no wrongful dismissalSo as I said before, sacked, contract terminated, however you dress it up!
Might be going to BradfordDon't know why he's left Huddersfield , there doing well ??? Hope he's ok , All the best Alan![]()
All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?