Alan Knill gone

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Having just listened to the interview, my thoughts are:

- He’s a likeable guy and genuinely cares for the club

- I thought he was as honest as he could be with his responses

- Where he was evasive, (with the exception of the Knill question) was where there are legal matters at play or would have shown our hand in negotiations

- He should take some credit for many of the positives over the last 10 years

- That being said, I’m not sure he’s got what to takes to make us as progressive as I think we should be… which feeds into my next point

- Despite assurances and explanations, I’m still not convinced there is a structured plan or strategy in place, either on or off the field

This final point is my biggest concern, as I took from Wilder’s end of season interview (about not being in the same place next season) that we’d be building a squad for the future (granted it would be on frees and loans). Clearly I got that wrong!

Even though SB referenced fans not understanding the strategy when Wilder first took over, he confirmed that the players brought in during the summer TW were Wilder’s targets. This approach was certainly not what we did back then, so I think fans are right to be sceptical about the new strategy - which seemingly cannot be explained.

My assumption from this is that he didn’t want to throw CW under the bus.
 



Having just listened to the interview, my thoughts are:

- He’s a likeable guy and genuinely cares for the club

- I thought he was as honest as he could be with his responses

- Where he was evasive, (with the exception of the Knill question) was where there are legal matters at play or would have shown our hand in negotiations

- He should take some credit for many of the positives over the last 10 years

- That being said, I’m not sure he’s got what to takes to make us as progressive as I think we should be… which feeds into my next point

- Despite assurances and explanations, I’m still not convinced there is a structured plan or strategy in place, either on or off the field

This final point is my biggest concern, as I took from Wilder’s end of season interview (about not being in the same place next season) that we’d be building a squad for the future (granted it would be on frees and loans). Clearly I got that wrong!

Even though SB referenced fans not understanding the strategy when Wilder first took over, he confirmed that the players brought in during the summer TW were Wilder’s targets. This approach was certainly not what we did back then, so I think fans are right to be sceptical about the new strategy - which seemingly cannot be explained.

My assumption from this is that he didn’t want to throw CW under the bus.
I’m not sure the Sellés appointment looked any better with explanation.

It’s not true that they didn’t even interview.

It is true they only interviewed Sellés.

So that’s pretty much the same thing! No interview process as most of us in us in business would identify.

The awkwardness around his achievements - let’s not pretend he had anything to do with the club’s on-field success. Wilder largely got us promoted despite the Board’s lack of backing. League One (DCL/Ramsdale) Championship (Brooks).

The fact we had 3 years of PL money and still don’t have Cat A is a massive black mark against his reign. Good we have land but progress has been at a snail’s pace.

He’d have been better highlighting improvements in commercial and Dan experience more as it’s just weird linking himself to onfield stuff, especially when we have been set up to be so manager centric rather than having fan amazing structure.

He comes over as an accountant rather than a leader. He’s very quick to distance himself from any of the EFL stuff. He should have been advising the times the new owners should advise the EFL of actions in my view given how long he’s been in that role just as a general
level of governance.
 
The phrase “chance” has been used in football for decades. I simply see xG as an attempt to quantify “that was a great chance” or “how did he score from there?!” into some kind of statistical metric.
it’s exactly this. There was a team the other week (I can’t remember which) that had nearly 20 shots with over 10 on target - on the face of it you’d say they created plenty of chances. However their xG was less than 1, turns out all the shots were long rangers or in front of defence, so they didn’t create that much.

It’s an extra layer to give more insight.
 
Interesting that Bettis said that Knilly's leaving was a 'collective decision', so, who raised it first, who was involved, what was the decision making process and what was the selection process for Phil Jones being brought in?
 
Interesting that Bettis said that Knilly's leaving was a 'collective decision', so, who raised it first, who was involved, what was the decision making process and what was the selection process for Phil Jones being brought in?
Knilly has left Udders citing personal reasons.
Jones got the job for winning the best prem defender at gurning competition.
 
Unfortunately, football is a sport where tactics and coaching changes and it seems Knilly has been a victim of that (Soon to be CW)

Phil Jones has clearly been brought in to modernise the coaching techniques. Say what you want about him, he can certainly talk a great game and has been coached by one of the best managers!
 

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom