Pittsburg Blade
Well-Known Member
Wilder for example?Some people have an obsession with people who were good anywhere between 2 and 10 years ago being good signings for today. Triple points if they have played at a club with an S postcode
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?
Wilder for example?Some people have an obsession with people who were good anywhere between 2 and 10 years ago being good signings for today. Triple points if they have played at a club with an S postcode
Apply for the manager’s job then.I honestly dont know why Wilder is so obsessed with bringing KP back to The Lane, im sure the money that would be used in off setting his wages could be better spent else where on strengthing the squad.
Some people are very insecure and couldn’t possibly say they agree with the signing of someone who used to play for us as that would mean they are just a simple bladey blade!!! Oh no!!Some people have an obsession with people who were good anywhere between 2 and 10 years ago being good signings for today. Triple points if they have played at a club with an S postcode
I thought he had a good presence and had some class about him when he played. He made a rusty tackle on the pig as he’s been out of the game so long, get him in for a full pre season and try and iron out the rustiness and I think we’d see more of the class player I witnessed when he was here briefly. I will say however, that given his injury record there is definitely a ceiling to the proportion of wages we should cover.A great signing??
Can you name the brief moments of class you saw? Genuine question.I thought he had a good presence and had some class about him when he played. He made a rusty tackle on the pig as he’s been out of the game so long, get him in for a full pre season and try and iron out the rustiness and I think we’d see more of the class player I witnessed when he was here briefly. I will say however, that given his injury record there is definitely a ceiling to the proportion of wages we should cover.
He had a good second half away at Portsmouth. Also made a good first long pass out that led to a goal in one of the home games (could've been the Pigs game tbf).Can you name the brief moments of class you saw? Genuine question.
Unfortunately just retiredApply for the manager’s job then.
As wilder goneApply for the manager’s job then.
Agreed ............ but we've been saying that for a number of seasons now and nothing happens.Yep. There's far too many people opposed to any sort of meaningful change.
It's "The Blades Way" after all.
This club needs an absolute root n branch overhaul to bring it into the modern era.
Whats the saying.. you reap what you sow.. some elements of success we didnt kick on like we should have done. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.. and now we regress. Im expecting Wilder out chants by Christmas.Agreed ............ but we've been saying that for a number of seasons now and nothing happens.
Some on here are already chanting, too impatient to await ChristmasWhats the saying.. you reap what you sow.. some elements of success we didnt kick on like we should have done. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.. and now we regress. Im expecting Wilder out chants by Christmas.
The board thought that way last summer.Yep. There's far too many people opposed to any sort of meaningful change.
It's "The Blades Way" after all.
This club needs an absolute root n branch overhaul to bring it into the modern era.
The board thought that way last summer.
Nobody sane would say we would hand been worse if we just stuck to the 90 points/play off final format
Bord and his AI was said to be behind Selles. Giving full control to a algorithm is a dramatic change. And it was fucking awful.No they didn't.
Last summer was as far from "root and branch" change as you can get.
They employed a head coach and expected them to perform without any of the changes needed to give them a chance of being successful.
Bord and his AI was said to be behind Selles. Giving full control to a algorithm is a dramatic change. And it was fucking awful.
I predicted that myself a few weeks ago but now I'm not so sure. I think the general apathy surrounding the club might allow him up until Easter, possibly less if he verbally attacks the players again.Im expecting Wilder out chants by Christmas.
I predicted that myself a few weeks ago but now I'm not so sure. I think the general apathy surrounding the club might allow him up until Easter, possibly less if he verbally attacks the players again.
We've handed multi-year deals to players like McGuinness, Shackleton, Grbic, Rothwell, Matos, and Chong, paid £8-10 million for Tom Cannon and have turned Tanganga into a poor defender and a useless leader. We're still lumbered with unfit crap like RND and have handed a new deal to Adam Fucking Davies, the worst goalkeeper (probably) in our history.
Our 'squad' is padded out with players like Ukaki, Zatterestom, Polendokov, and Nwachukwu who will probably never make the grade. Our head of scouting is a fucking useless, bone idol, talentless tool who has less idea about how to do his job than the owners have on how to run the club properly. Due to their shit management it looks like we'll have to offload more of the only players we have that are actually worth paying to watch.
We bought a manager back for the third time that around half the fan base didn't want the second time we bought him back, let alone the third.
I want to be positive and entertained as much a s the next Blade but we deserve to go down in my opinion.
utb

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but Davies isn't even the worst goalkeeper in the current squad, never mind the worst in history.....and have handed a new deal to Adam Fucking Davies, the worst goalkeeper (probably) in our history.
Davies did a lot better than i expected when he came in - he actually outperformed the injured cooper when he shouldn't have been playing.I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but Davies isn't even the worst goalkeeper in the current squad, never mind the worst in history.
Half the fanbase didn't want him back second time. Glad to see you provided a solid evidence base for this striking statement.I predicted that myself a few weeks ago but now I'm not so sure. I think the general apathy surrounding the club might allow him up until Easter, possibly less if he verbally attacks the players again.
We've handed multi-year deals to players like McGuinness, Shackleton, Grbic, Rothwell, Matos, and Chong, paid £8-10 million for Tom Cannon and have turned Tanganga into a poor defender and a useless leader. We're still lumbered with unfit crap like RND and have handed a new deal to Adam Fucking Davies, the worst goalkeeper (probably) in our history.
Our 'squad' is padded out with players like Ukaki, Zatterestom, Polendokov, and Nwachukwu who will probably never make the grade. Our head of scouting is a fucking useless, bone idol, talentless tool who has less idea about how to do his job than the owners have on how to run the club properly. Due to their shit management it looks like we'll have to offload more of the only players we have that are actually worth paying to watch.
We bought a manager back for the third time that around half the fan base didn't want the second time we bought him back, let alone the third.
I want to be positive and entertained as much a s the next Blade but we deserve to go down in my opinion.
utb
If this was going to happen it would've done so by now
We don't need Riedewald, Rothwell and Phillips.Now Riedewald is back we should wait as long as possible on Phillips, if we still insist, in order to try and get the most favourable terms possible
All we want is life beyondWe don't need Riedewald, Rothwell and Phillips.
Ha. I just watched that about an hour ago.
Ha. I just watched that about an hour ago.
All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?