CONFIRMED Kalvin Phillips

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?




I honestly dont know why Wilder is so obsessed with bringing KP back to The Lane, im sure the money that would be used in off setting his wages could be better spent else where on strengthing the squad.
Apply for the manager’s job then.
 
Some people have an obsession with people who were good anywhere between 2 and 10 years ago being good signings for today. Triple points if they have played at a club with an S postcode
Some people are very insecure and couldn’t possibly say they agree with the signing of someone who used to play for us as that would mean they are just a simple bladey blade!!! Oh no!!
 
A great signing??
I thought he had a good presence and had some class about him when he played. He made a rusty tackle on the pig as he’s been out of the game so long, get him in for a full pre season and try and iron out the rustiness and I think we’d see more of the class player I witnessed when he was here briefly. I will say however, that given his injury record there is definitely a ceiling to the proportion of wages we should cover.
 
I thought he had a good presence and had some class about him when he played. He made a rusty tackle on the pig as he’s been out of the game so long, get him in for a full pre season and try and iron out the rustiness and I think we’d see more of the class player I witnessed when he was here briefly. I will say however, that given his injury record there is definitely a ceiling to the proportion of wages we should cover.
Can you name the brief moments of class you saw? Genuine question.
 
Can you name the brief moments of class you saw? Genuine question.
He had a good second half away at Portsmouth. Also made a good first long pass out that led to a goal in one of the home games (could've been the Pigs game tbf).

There were signs but I'd still be very wary of his availability.
 
Agreed ............ but we've been saying that for a number of seasons now and nothing happens.
Whats the saying.. you reap what you sow.. some elements of success we didnt kick on like we should have done. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.. and now we regress. Im expecting Wilder out chants by Christmas.
 
Whats the saying.. you reap what you sow.. some elements of success we didnt kick on like we should have done. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.. and now we regress. Im expecting Wilder out chants by Christmas.
Some on here are already chanting, too impatient to await Christmas
 
Yep. There's far too many people opposed to any sort of meaningful change.

It's "The Blades Way" after all.

This club needs an absolute root n branch overhaul to bring it into the modern era.
The board thought that way last summer.

Nobody sane would say we would hand been worse if we just stuck to the 90 points/play off final format
 
The board thought that way last summer.

Nobody sane would say we would hand been worse if we just stuck to the 90 points/play off final format

No they didn't.

Last summer was as far from "root and branch" change as you can get.

They employed a head coach and expected them to perform without any of the changes needed to give them a chance of being successful.
 
No they didn't.

Last summer was as far from "root and branch" change as you can get.

They employed a head coach and expected them to perform without any of the changes needed to give them a chance of being successful.
Bord and his AI was said to be behind Selles. Giving full control to a algorithm is a dramatic change. And it was fucking awful.
 
Bord and his AI was said to be behind Selles. Giving full control to a algorithm is a dramatic change. And it was fucking awful.

I don't disagree but that's still not the overhaul that we need to bring us into the modern era.

No successful clubs now operate with one person having their fingerprints over the whole club. It's outdated and genuinely doesn't work nowadays.
 



Im expecting Wilder out chants by Christmas.
I predicted that myself a few weeks ago but now I'm not so sure. I think the general apathy surrounding the club might allow him up until Easter, possibly less if he verbally attacks the players again.

We've handed multi-year deals to players like McGuinness, Shackleton, Grbic, Rothwell, Matos, and Chong, paid £8-10 million for Tom Cannon and have turned Tanganga into a poor defender and a useless leader. We're still lumbered with unfit crap like RND and have handed a new deal to Adam Fucking Davies, the worst goalkeeper (probably) in our history.

Our 'squad' is padded out with players like Ukaki, Zatterestom, Polendokov, and Nwachukwu who will probably never make the grade. Our head of scouting is a fucking useless, bone idol, talentless tool who has less idea about how to do his job than the owners have on how to run the club properly. Due to their shit management it looks like we'll have to offload more of the only players we have that are actually worth paying to watch.

We bought a manager back for the third time that around half the fan base didn't want the second time we bought him back, let alone the third.

I want to be positive and entertained as much a s the next Blade but we deserve to go down in my opinion.

utb
 
I predicted that myself a few weeks ago but now I'm not so sure. I think the general apathy surrounding the club might allow him up until Easter, possibly less if he verbally attacks the players again.

We've handed multi-year deals to players like McGuinness, Shackleton, Grbic, Rothwell, Matos, and Chong, paid £8-10 million for Tom Cannon and have turned Tanganga into a poor defender and a useless leader. We're still lumbered with unfit crap like RND and have handed a new deal to Adam Fucking Davies, the worst goalkeeper (probably) in our history.

Our 'squad' is padded out with players like Ukaki, Zatterestom, Polendokov, and Nwachukwu who will probably never make the grade. Our head of scouting is a fucking useless, bone idol, talentless tool who has less idea about how to do his job than the owners have on how to run the club properly. Due to their shit management it looks like we'll have to offload more of the only players we have that are actually worth paying to watch.

We bought a manager back for the third time that around half the fan base didn't want the second time we bought him back, let alone the third.

I want to be positive and entertained as much a s the next Blade but we deserve to go down in my opinion.

utb

1783722705263.webp
 
I predicted that myself a few weeks ago but now I'm not so sure. I think the general apathy surrounding the club might allow him up until Easter, possibly less if he verbally attacks the players again.

We've handed multi-year deals to players like McGuinness, Shackleton, Grbic, Rothwell, Matos, and Chong, paid £8-10 million for Tom Cannon and have turned Tanganga into a poor defender and a useless leader. We're still lumbered with unfit crap like RND and have handed a new deal to Adam Fucking Davies, the worst goalkeeper (probably) in our history.

Our 'squad' is padded out with players like Ukaki, Zatterestom, Polendokov, and Nwachukwu who will probably never make the grade. Our head of scouting is a fucking useless, bone idol, talentless tool who has less idea about how to do his job than the owners have on how to run the club properly. Due to their shit management it looks like we'll have to offload more of the only players we have that are actually worth paying to watch.

We bought a manager back for the third time that around half the fan base didn't want the second time we bought him back, let alone the third.

I want to be positive and entertained as much a s the next Blade but we deserve to go down in my opinion.

utb
Half the fanbase didn't want him back second time. Glad to see you provided a solid evidence base for this striking statement.
 



All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom