The Sheff United Way - Thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?




SU WAY clickbaiting to fuck. Close to signing Walker and Phillips apprentely.

Have the summer off lads 👍

Agree with this,

Nothing in the videos is anything more than speculation, but using words like IMMINENT and not having question marks in the titles makes them click bait. Shame, good channel, not surprised they are losing views.
 
SUWay & Ramble & WSC aren't news channels they are fans just talking to each other or the viewers about what might be happening at their (my / our) club , , just like my mate did yesterday when he phoned me to say he thought both of these deals were being done , it's what fans have done down the years , if we want them to be mouthpieces for the club then we hear no criticism ( fair or unfair) and will only hear of transfers when the signature is on the dotted line ,, where's the fun in that ??? , , personally I am in favour of them carrying on as they are , as far as I am concerned I can't get enough Blades chat be it definite or rumour,,
I say keep up the good work and thanks ( and if you hear a rumour share it don't keep it to yourselves, we got hundreds of rumours in the rumour section of S2,4SU so I think others might like rumours too )
UTB , UTSUW ,UTR UTWSC
 
SUWay & Ramble & WSC aren't news channels they are fans just talking to each other or the viewers about what might be happening at their (my / our) club , , just like my mate did yesterday when he phoned me to say he thought both of these deals were being done , it's what fans have done down the years , if we want them to be mouthpieces for the club then we hear no criticism ( fair or unfair) and will only hear of transfers when the signature is on the dotted line ,, where's the fun in that ??? , , personally I am in favour of them carrying on as they are , as far as I am concerned I can't get enough Blades chat be it definite or rumour,,
I say keep up the good work and thanks ( and if you hear a rumour share it don't keep it to yourselves, we got hundreds of rumours in the rumour section of S2,4SU so I think others might like rumours too )
UTB , UTSUW ,UTR UTWSC
Don't disagree with this, however it's the phrasing off it that makes it sound like they have ITK knowledge when really it's just speculation. No issues with speculating but give it an applicable title.... "Could Walker be coming back?". It's not just an SU Way issue, it's a wider modern day internet/social media thing (bah humbug) but I guess the fact that in the Prince's day they prob were ITK makes it that bit more annoying (ie people give them more credence because of it)
 
SUWay & Ramble & WSC aren't news channels they are fans just talking to each other or the viewers about what might be happening at their (my / our) club , , just like my mate did yesterday when he phoned me to say he thought both of these deals were being done , it's what fans have done down the years , if we want them to be mouthpieces for the club then we hear no criticism ( fair or unfair) and will only hear of transfers when the signature is on the dotted line ,, where's the fun in that ??? , , personally I am in favour of them carrying on as they are , as far as I am concerned I can't get enough Blades chat be it definite or rumour,,
I say keep up the good work and thanks ( and if you hear a rumour share it don't keep it to yourselves, we got hundreds of rumours in the rumour section of S2,4SU so I think others might like rumours too )
UTB , UTSUW ,UTR UTWSC
I get what you are saying but that isn't what people have the issue with.

I don't normally watch much of their stuff but mostly because I don't have the time but seeing that video pop up about an "imminent signing!" made me stop what I was doing to watch so I could learn more about the thing they told me was "imminent".

Now I'm much less likely to click another one of their videos because I feel like I've been lied to just to get my attention. I have no issues with passing on rumours (that don't hurt the club) or chatting about potential signings, but the clickbaity shite will never be something I appreciate.
 
I get what you are saying but that isn't what people have the issue with.

I don't normally watch much of their stuff but mostly because I don't have the time but seeing that video pop up about an "imminent signing!" made me stop what I was doing to watch so I could learn more about the thing they told me was "imminent".

Now I'm much less likely to click another one of their videos because I feel like I've been lied to just to get my attention. I have no issues with passing on rumours (that don't hurt the club) or chatting about potential signings, but the clickbaity shite will never be something I appreciate.

I think you misunderstand what the intent of these sites are about. They aren't 'lying' to you. They are simply stimulating debate, much the same as dialog on here does. BR and SUW have a common thread with us all - they all love Sheffield United - and both have different, nuanced approaches to the distribution of news they become privy to. Their connectivity with the club is better than ours and in the fallow days of the close season, they seek to regenerate interest and input from us all. And ... this needs re-emphasising - the effort they put in to create content is phenomenal. It isn't easy to build a story and it isn't easy to set the broadcast up and keep talking knowledgably about a subject so dear to your heart. These quiet days when the club seemingly lies still and nothing much emerges from BDTBL we rely on such outlets to stay informed and like most things, it is your choice to click and your choice to watch and agree or disagree. I get updates from BR and SUW on a regular basis and sometimes I read it, sometimes I don't. Either way it still generates discussion within a week or so with other Blades fans I know all of whom have their own take on it.

It's basically an extension and an enhancement of S24SU into the wider sphere of Blades fandom.
 
I think you misunderstand what the intent of these sites are about. They aren't 'lying' to you. They are simply stimulating debate, much the same as dialog on here does. BR and SUW have a common thread with us all - they all love Sheffield United - and both have different, nuanced approaches to the distribution of news they become privy to. Their connectivity with the club is better than ours and in the fallow days of the close season, they seek to regenerate interest and input from us all. And ... this needs re-emphasising - the effort they put in to create content is phenomenal. It isn't easy to build a story and it isn't easy to set the broadcast up and keep talking knowledgably about a subject so dear to your heart. These quiet days when the club seemingly lies still and nothing much emerges from BDTBL we rely on such outlets to stay informed and like most things, it is your choice to click and your choice to watch and agree or disagree. I get updates from BR and SUW on a regular basis and sometimes I read it, sometimes I don't. Either way it still generates discussion within a week or so with other Blades fans I know all of whom have their own take on it.

It's basically an extension and an enhancement of S24SU into the wider sphere of Blades fandom.
TBF is someone created a thread on here saying "Kyle Walker signing is imminent", and then in the thread it was just their opinion that they feel we should sign him, they'd be getting called out for clickbaiting too.
 
I get how some would see these videos as "false advertising" or "clickbait" but that is the point. That is the entire nature of social media in the modern day. You need a strong hook to attract viewers and boost reach, it's hard to stand out so you gotta do what you gotta do to keep up.
 
I think you misunderstand what the intent of these sites are about. They aren't 'lying' to you. They are simply stimulating debate, much the same as dialog on here does. BR and SUW have a common thread with us all - they all love Sheffield United - and both have different, nuanced approaches to the distribution of news they become privy to. Their connectivity with the club is better than ours and in the fallow days of the close season, they seek to regenerate interest and input from us all. And ... this needs re-emphasising - the effort they put in to create content is phenomenal. It isn't easy to build a story and it isn't easy to set the broadcast up and keep talking knowledgably about a subject so dear to your heart. These quiet days when the club seemingly lies still and nothing much emerges from BDTBL we rely on such outlets to stay informed and like most things, it is your choice to click and your choice to watch and agree or disagree. I get updates from BR and SUW on a regular basis and sometimes I read it, sometimes I don't. Either way it still generates discussion within a week or so with other Blades fans I know all of whom have their own take on it.

It's basically an extension and an enhancement of S24SU into the wider sphere of Blades fandom.
If there’s nothing much happening, then why do we need to stay informed?

Informed about what exactly? The players are on holiday, and the only actual news about Alan Knill was broken by the Star.
 
There's nothing that needs "BREAKING NEWS" right now like Gimli says.

The players and management are on holiday for at least another couple of weeks.

Just chill and enjoy the summer.
 
If there’s nothing much happening, then why do we need to stay informed?

Informed about what exactly? The players are on holiday, and the only actual news about Alan Knill was broken by the Star.
They need to keep producing content or the algorithm will bury them.
 



They need to keep producing content or the algorithm will bury them.
Yeah I get that, but can’t they make content like ‘what would you like to see us do next season?’ Or even a retrospective of a particular year or whatever.

Sheff United has existed for 137 years, Im sure they could come up with about 100 ideas for videos off the top of their heads.

And even if they do want to talk about transfer speculation, which is fine, don’t say ‘it’s imminent’ when it is anything but.
 

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom