CONFIRMED Kalvin Phillips

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?




Think we may see him in the red and white stripes again. Think it will be permanent aswel
 
No club that would be interested in a permanent deal could match his wages on his remaining 2 year deal. Why would City take 400k then if they'd have to pay him up? What would that cost? £6-8m? Not a chance
 
Man City will be looking to pay off his contract ( not in full ) and will be looking for any transfer fee to offset against this expenditure.
the player seems to want to play and whilst money is important to everyone, I doubt at the moment it is his prime concern as he just wants to play and be appreciated
 
A loan deal for the season is much easier to do as he has 2 years on his ridiculous contract still to run. Im well up for United going down the season long loan route. Anything else, forget it. Next summer, if all goes well, then maybe, we can talk about it being a permanent so long as City pay off a chunk of his last year, and the lad and club both still want it to happen. Even a season long loan needs City to pay 90% of his wages.
 



I know everyone seems to be hating on this but, I think Phillips at this level and with a pre season and is wanting to play, I can't see much wrong with this.

If he can find the form he had in his leeds days then happy days, as long as we are not footing the full amount of wages then what is not to like?
 
If Man City are gonna be paying the bulk of the wages or maybe they make him an offer to pay up his contract so he becomes a free agent and we could negotate a mutually agreeable salary within our pay structure.

Everybody criticised the Patrick Bamford signing initially and that worked out pretty good.
 
I know everyone seems to be hating on this but, I think Phillips at this level and with a pre season and is wanting to play, I can't see much wrong with this.

If he can find the form he had in his leeds days then happy days, as long as we are not footing the full amount of wages then what is not to like?
He’s not found any kind of form for three years. A preseason is as much use as a hole punched condom.
 
He’s not found any kind of form for three years. A preseason is as much use as a hole punched condom.
he not been playing week in week out for three years, maybe the reason he fancies it here at United is that he can get back to playing a lot more and hopefully find that elusive form?

A pre-season means integrating in with any new players, understanding how they play and how we want to play so i dont think it's useless although if we went on last seasons then i do agree!
 
Will be good to check back to this thread next May, won't it.
It will indeed. Last year the same people pissing their pants over this were crowing about how progressive and modern Sellès and our recruitment was. Any negativity was mocked. Any pointing out the complete garbage we were signing arrogantly dismissed. And here they all are again, so smug and sure of themselves still.
 
I know everyone seems to be hating on this but, I think Phillips at this level and with a pre season and is wanting to play, I can't see much wrong with this.

If he can find the form he had in his leeds days then happy days, as long as we are not footing the full amount of wages then what is not to like?

I think the positive is he wants to come play here specifically, seems he is prepared to take a cut wages to do so (unlikely needs money anyway given his City contract) and seems to genuinely want to rekindle his career. He could just sit on his contract at Man City and wait for it to run down.

That said I will start calling him pineapple head again if he doesn't perform. 😄
 
I know everyone seems to be hating on this but, I think Phillips at this level and with a pre season and is wanting to play, I can't see much wrong with this.

If he can find the form he had in his leeds days then happy days, as long as we are not footing the full amount of wages then what is not to like?

Aren't we about done though waiting for players to have a proper pre season? For the past four pre seasons, he's been contracted to arguably the best team in the world with world class facilities and fitness coaches, so it's not like he came to us without a club trying to build his fitness up. He spent the last 2 and a half months of his loan spell with us injured and unavailable, which is not a great sign of things to come.

Had he hit the ground running with us then I'd be all for it, but he made a grand total of 3 appearances and still managed to get sent off in a match that we were absolutely cruising in. His Leeds days are now 4 years ago and when he was arguably in his prime. He's had 3 unsuccessful loan spells since and has barely played for his parent club, I don't think we can afford to be a trial for someone who will no doubt be one of the highest earner, in such a key position.

I really hope to have a massive slice of humble pie, but I think this is a gamble we should stay well clear of.
 
It's not impossible for him to be a success for us.

But when you look at how little football he has played since we called COVID 19 coronavirus it feels a little unlikely.

I would have been less concerned if it was WITH Jario rather than instead of.
 



Aren't we about done though waiting for players to have a proper pre season? For the past four pre seasons, he's been contracted to arguably the best team in the world with world class facilities and fitness coaches, so it's not like he came to us without a club trying to build his fitness up. He spent the last 2 and a half months of his loan spell with us injured and unavailable, which is not a great sign of things to come.

Had he hit the ground running with us then I'd be all for it, but he made a grand total of 3 appearances and still managed to get sent off in a match that we were absolutely cruising in. His Leeds days are now 4 years ago and when he was arguably in his prime. He's had 3 unsuccessful loan spells since and has barely played for his parent club, I don't think we can afford to be a trial for someone who will no doubt be one of the highest earner, in such a key position.

I really hope to have a massive slice of humble pie, but I think this is a gamble we should stay well clear of.
I get this side of the argument as well, but if you don't take a chance on say McGoldrick, Bamford then the other side of that is Ravell, Rodwell and so on, but Phillips is only 30 and he has played at the highest levels internationally, maybe it will be a hiding to nothing, or it could prove to be a master stroke who knows i personally think it's a risk worth taking.
 

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom